Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

MS FS 2020 Update # 5 Now Available

8 minutes ago, JDWalley said:

All the more reason why there should NEVER be a game/app that forces updates without giving the user the ability to roll it back to an earlier, working version.

Agree Fully.  Question for those experiencing the CTD issue.  Were your USB devices plugged in at the time you updated?  Wondering because I have not updated yet and my control devices are unplugged and set aside except when I am flying.  So I am preparing to update and have no idea if they should be connected at the time of updating.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Agree Fully.  Question for those experiencing the CTD issue.  Were your USB devices plugged in at the time you updated?  Wondering because I have not updated yet and my control devices are unplugged and set aside except when I am flying.  So I am preparing to update and have no idea if they should be connected at the time of updating.

Dunno I disconnected my thrustmaster hotas X out of precaution and everyhting worked fin for me.. dont know that it would not have otherwise,,, some people are even saying that their mice are causing an issue  but I just restarted with my joystick plugged in and no issuse restarting it,,,SO WHO knows,,,Disconnect out of caution i guess.

1 hour ago, Richard Sennett said:

Try new video driver cant hurt I just loaded it up

24 minutes ago, loge said:

I have the flickering clouds issue as well.  My GPU is a Titan Black (same generation as GTX 7xx I think).  Tried various graphics settings, rebooting, disabling OC - nothing helps.  Haven't tried the latest driver yet.

Just tried with the latest driver, still occurring. Seems to be a permanent issue for Kepler and Maxwell cards, and flying with Clear Skies is the only option. To the Zendesk I guess. Hopefully they can push a fix with Update #6... ☹️

11 minutes ago, regis9 said:

The bug still exists where if you load a second flight without restarting to sim you will get clear skies, 29.92 baro etc.

Oh, I didn't realise that was a bug and hadn't clicked that it only happens wheb you start a second flight.  It all makes sense now. Bit of a pain to have to close the sim and restart it again though to get live weather. 

• Like 1

Could those with extra liveries or mods loaded try this please:

1.Start the sim. Go to profile/hanger. Are your extra liveries showing as thumbnails? And does the livery exterior and interior model show in the hanger?

2. If your extra liveries show in the hanger menu but NOT in the hanger itself, can you load the ghost livery anyway then load a flight.

3. When the flight is loaded, are you seeing your addon livery or are you seeing the default livery? Do you see a message pop up saying could not find or load the exterior model?

4. If you open a NEW project in developer mode, then click on Aircraft editor, then press "resync" what loads up, the default livery or your added livery?

5. If the add on livery does not load the exterior model, go to dev mode "window" and load the default livery. Does it show up?

Thanks.

Edited by robert young

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Looks like the GoFlight TPM is causing my CTDs.  Good thing I have a pair of Saitek throttles coming next week.  I have all my Logitech panels, RealSimGear panels, Flight Velocity trim wheel and other GoFlight modules (LGT & RP-48) plugged in and the sim loads.  

2 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

No can do Jose/Richard.... I have too many peripherals to bother with that... hopefully MS realizes this is a showstopper and will release a fix ASAP and not wait for a fortnight.

C

This is disconcerting. My GoFlight throttle doesn't work. This is an expensive throttle and I'm very concerned that in the future these patches could also break my yoke compatibility. I think we should all be worried.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

5 hours ago, ankh21 said:

Mh, i can't download from the store, it always says: Code: 0x80070141 😭

You and me both. It's def caused an issue with my system as well 

Brendon Isaac

3 minutes ago, Little Jenny said:

Looks like the GoFlight TPM is causing my CTDs.  Good thing I have a pair of Saitek throttles coming next week.  I have all my Logitech panels, RealSimGear panels, Flight Velocity trim wheel and other GoFlight modules (LGT & RP-48) plugged in and the sim loads.  

Same here. TQ6 has to be unplugged for the sim to load.

Lucky here.  Update went fine.  Lots of usb stuff (Saitek panels and throttle) connected through a powered hub, no problem.

1440 with scaling set to 120. No noticeable performance change either way,  but AA is now better (shimmering bezels around radios much improved for example) and scenery looks crisper.

Control sensitivity great for me on minus 20 now. I am actually greasing landings!

Jury out on night lighting. Not seen water yet.

Shame about the usb issues, but hopefully this and the Mooney will be fixed promptly.

I will take the C182 for a flight later to see if it is alright.

They really do need a beta program. Not liking these forced updates. It's not just the bugs, but I get in from work and want to fly, but then face a 3 hour wait because of my slow internet connection.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Well liveries working for me Bus was a little wonky played with sensitivity settings back in biz - this is a great update - looks amazing - check out few shots - looks amazing in sim shots dont to it justice - happy camper here 🙂

• Like 1

Rich Sennett

I had posted what I thought was a fix by deleting all me pre-existing USB controller profiles and was happy as a clam when MSFS started with my Thrustmaster HOTAS X default profile...

...Until I tried to edit it and save it.  then Boom, out go the lights.  Very frustrating.  

So now the only way I can fly is using the HOTAS X in default mode.......grr.

I might have to call it a night and let the real software engineers fix their eff up.

Edited by wthomas33065

Sorry for all the controller issues got lucky with Saitek I guess - did notice weird graphics washed out before getting to main screen after it starts - prob due to press any keys gone lol

Rich Sennett

19 minutes ago, robert young said:

Could those with extra liveries or mods loaded try this please:

1.Start the sim. Go to profile/hanger. Are your extra liveries showing as thumbnails and does the livery APPEAR in the hanger

The liveries appear in the hangar, but when you chose one, livery does not change.

2. If your extra liveries show in the hanger menu but NOT in the hanger itself, can you load an added livery them load a flight.

Loaded livery does not show up in hangar. AND Loaded livery does not show up after loading the sim.

3. When the flight is loaded, are you seeing your addon livery or are you seeing the default livery?

4. If you open a NEW project in developer mode, then click on AIrcraft editor, then press "resync" what loads up, the default livery or your added livery?

Couldn't figure this one out.

Thanks.

See answers.

Edited by DJJose