Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

MS FS 2020 Update # 5 Now Available

On startup I get a CTD if my Saitek Yoke and Rudder Pedals are connected. If I disconnect them, the sim opens, and then if I reconnect the yoke and pedals I get a CTD again.  Hard to understand how so many can have startup CTDs and controller issues even though this update was 'more thoroughly' tested. The Community folder was empty during the install, and I have not installed any new drivers. I'm not using a separate USB hub although the rudder pedals are plugged into the Saitek yoke. Very frustrating for all concerned, including Asobo!

Al

Edited by ark

Cannot update or even use the sim...a new window has popped up saying content server is not availble right now and try again later ?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

1 minute ago, Blat14 said:

I said lightning was something they didn't fix, not the lighting, I am aware they fixed (or changed) the night lighting.

I am talking lightning i.e. the electrical discharge you get in storms.

I am talking lightning - its raining here was asobo perfect depiction and no lightning - I understood you 

Rich Sennett

Just now, warbirds said:

Cannot update or even use the sim...a new window has popped up saying content server is not availble right now and try again later ?

Count yourself lucky mate. 🙂

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Just now, Ron Attwood said:

Thats helpful 

• Like 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

2 minutes ago, ark said:

On startup I get a CTD if my Saitek Yoke and Rudder Pedals are connected. If I disconnect them, the sim opens, and then if I reconnect the yoke and pedals I get a CTD again.  Hard to understand how so many can have startup CTDs and controller issues even though this update was 'more thoroughly' tested. Very frustrating for all concerned, including Asobo!

Al

Just a thought might be a real pia - but restore to factory bindings ? not an issue here so not going to do that 

Rich Sennett

1 minute ago, Ron Attwood said:

Whats wrong Ron on your end ? 

Rich Sennett

10 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

hey made the visibility distance larger watch video again

well that part of your reply suggested that I watch the video again

Just now, Richard Sennett said:

Whats wrong Ron on your end ? 

Of coarse just blame someone else.

1 minute ago, Blat14 said:

well that part of your reply suggested that I watch the video again

Your killing me lol I heard them say what they did about the night lighting 

If you asking about lightning I didnt catch there thoughts on that sorry 

Edited by Richard Sennett

Rich Sennett

Patch day... always an adventure! I guess I will roll the dice and see what happens... woohoo. Who needs the excitement of flying right!

2 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Thats helpful 

Theres a showstopping issue with the latest patch for some users. The fact that you cant even update right now may be a blessing in a weird way

Theres a possibility MS took the server down to halt the update and inject an updated patch? (fingers crossed for all who have issues atm)

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Their complaining at MSFS forums the night lighting looks to much like xplane lol cant win 

• Like 4

Rich Sennett

1 minute ago, Richard Sennett said:

Your killing me lol I heard them say what they did about the night lighting 

If you asking about lightning I didnt catch there thoughts on that sorry 

Their thought was that it was not easily reproduced.  I have never seen any inappropriate discharges of electricity either.

• Like 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K