Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

MS FS 2020 Update # 5 Now Available

1 minute ago, FrankR409 said:

Their thought was that it was not easily reproduced.  I have never seen any inappropriate discharges of electricity either.

Thanks I have REX so Im good 🙂 

Rich Sennett

Just now, FrankR409 said:

Their thought was that it was not easily reproduced.  I have never seen any inappropriate discharges of electricity either.

I had the lightning bug but I just tried flying around Hanada airport (Japan) with heavy overcast skies and didn't see any lightning. Hopefully it's fixed.

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

29 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Both were addressed - went live ASOBO weather also - its raining here it was spot on and no lighting 

Live weather did not work for me here in FL.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Finally got the update downloaded and now nearly the entire screen is flashing a grey colour. Is anyone else getting this?

2 minutes ago, FrankR409 said:

Seems strange that they can't reproduce it. I'd say I see it almost every day for the last month or so.

Only happens when I'm using live weather, if I use a preset of clear skies or any preset (apart from storms of course) I don't see any lightning.

But start a flight anywhere in the world and you have clear skies with lightning every few seconds. I have no mods installed and haven't made any changes to any of the game files.

I recorded one today using the Geforce experience recording option and was going to send it via the zendesk reporting option but it turned out to be a 1.6GB file and I couldn't get it to send.

5 minutes ago, Gate99 said:

I had the lightning bug but I just tried flying around Hanada airport (Japan) with heavy overcast skies and didn't see any lightning. Hopefully it's fixed.

I can 100% confirm its not. However i think it may be area dependent. I did two flights post patch. Logan to Toronto and Kingston to Montego Bay.

Logan was 100% overcast with light rain no lightning.  Kingston was partly cloudy and it was a light and thunder show all the way to MKJS.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

2 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Finally got the update downloaded and now nearly the entire screen is flashing a grey colour. Is anyone else getting this?

Got that then it cleared itself up - but rebooted anyway - just video driver glitch prob

Rich Sennett

OK - I am normally pretty chilled about this, but since this just arrived I am about to loose my mind.

It is comical how bad timing this CTD issue has. 🙂

3090.jpg

• Like 5

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Geez, I'm now scared to close the sim since it will want to update when restarted😬

When I do, I think I'll not only empty the Community Folder but unplug all USB devices once I've started the update, just in case.

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

I haven't had any CTD's (yet) but I haven't managed a decent flight as the bindings on my X52 Pro have all got screwed up by this latest patch and it no longer seems to recognise the POV switch on the joystick.  Keyboard bindings for views also seem a bit off.  I can no longer press SHIFT-LEFT for example as it comes up as SHIFT-NUM4 when I'm not using the Numpad at all.

Haven't noticed any change in the 'twitchiness' either which is a shame as I was hoping they'd made the planes flyable!

4 minutes ago, espent said:

OK - I am normally pretty chilled about this, but since this just arrived I am about to loose my mind.

It is comical how bad timing this CTD issue has. 🙂

3090.jpg

Welcome to the 3090 club!

• Like 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

4 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Got that then it cleared itself up - but rebooted anyway - just video driver glitch prob

Seems to be related to the clouds. I selected Clear Skies and after hitting Esc a few times the screen cleared up. I swapped to clouds again, same issue. I'll reboot and try again.

At first glance, I can see that the water at calm wind levels looks a lot better now, that oil painting texture is finally removed and replaced with actual waves. At high wind speeds the clipping waves and repeating foam textures are still there, but I mostly fly with calm winds so not a big issue.

Also the overdone sharpening filter is finally gone, and the TAAU is creating a smoother, less pixelated output now. The need for DLSS should be much smaller now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FrankR409 said:

Welcome to the 3090 club!

I'm green with envy. You dastardly dudes!

• Upvote 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

26 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Just a thought might be a real pia - but restore to factory bindings ? not an issue here so not going to do that 

Richard,

Thanks for the idea, but it seems Asobo is aware and working on a fix so for now I'll just wait to see what happens.

Al

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Seems to be related to the clouds. I selected Clear Skies and after hitting Esc a few times the screen cleared up. I swapped to clouds again, same issue. I'll reboot and try again.

Try new video driver cant hurt I just loaded it up

• Like 1

Rich Sennett