Sign in to follow this  
CaptBillyBob

Cloud Textures Patch 5

For what it is worth, my water looks very grainy and pixelated as well.  

• Like 1

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

The clouds look awful after the latest patch for me, much worse than before, even at Ultra.

• Like 3

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

On 10/31/2020 at 7:05 AM, Zimmerbz said:

Also, when I landed the runway lines looked distorted and then went back to normal.

The runway being fuzzy at a distance is one of the texture/LOD settings, cannot recall which off the top of my head.

6 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

The runway being fuzzy at a distance is one of the texture/LOD settings, cannot recall which off the top of my head.

I think its the Texture Supersampling.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Funny, over the last 2-3 weeks I had „pixelated“ clouds most of the time (if not always). On my last two flights it seems to be gone and the clouds look incredible. I haven’t changed anything in the settings (nor updated my GPU driver). No idea why. Also the water looks great again, but that was listed in the patch notes. 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

For me, there are moments where the clouds are fluffy balls of cotton I can almost reach out and touch them, other times certain types of clouds are this pixelated grainy mess.  Been like that for ages for me, rather than chase a magic setting I just put it down to the sim.

Thomas Derbyshire

2 hours ago, sidfadc said:

For me, there are moments where the clouds are fluffy balls of cotton I can almost reach out and touch them, other times certain types of clouds are this pixelated grainy mess.  Been like that for ages for me, rather than chase a magic setting I just put it down to the sim.

Same here. In my case its mostly the darker the cloouds are, the grainier they get.

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

49 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Same here. In my case its mostly the darker the cloouds are, the grainier they get.

Same, without any change for the patch.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700F - RAM 32 - RTX 3070 - SSD Blue 1T -  Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Track IR - Optical fiber

1 hour ago, ThomseN_inc said:

The same : water or clouds are pixelated without any change for the patch. 
Do you know if this issue has been posted on MSFS2020 ?
That may be not a bug, just game or GPU settings ...

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700F - RAM 32 - RTX 3070 - SSD Blue 1T -  Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Track IR - Optical fiber

2 hours ago, Livingston said:

The same : water or clouds are pixelated without any change for the patch. 
Do you know if this issue has been posted on MSFS2020 ?
That may be not a bug, just game or GPU settings ...

I really hope this gets addressed.  I'd have to assume it is something GPU or settings wise since this isn't happening to everyone.  Maybe it just goes to show that you need a very powerful PC in order to make things look great.

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

1 hour ago, Zimmerbz said:

I really hope this gets addressed.  I'd have to assume it is something GPU or settings wise since this isn't happening to everyone.  Maybe it just goes to show that you need a very powerful PC in order to make things look great.

Agree with you. It was just very nice before the patch ... So we can hope that somebody can tell us what is the right setting ... 

See 

Edited by Livingston

I doubt they changed the cloud textures. As some have pointed out it's probably all related to the new TAA anti-aliasing along with Nvidia settings. Funny thing is I thought my clouds were looking softer after the patch, all in my head. I tried a sharpening setting in Nvidia to try to get sharper panels but it pixelated everything outside the plane really badly.

58 minutes ago, desbean said:

I doubt they changed the cloud textures. As some have pointed out it's probably all related to the new TAA anti-aliasing along with Nvidia settings. Funny thing is I thought my clouds were looking softer after the patch, all in my head. I tried a sharpening setting in Nvidia to try to get sharper panels but it pixelated everything outside the plane really badly.

They admitted they made an "improvement" to the cloud system with the last patch. See the flyingfox1378 post here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/intolerable-flashing-in-top-third-of-screen-since-update/310125/62

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

59 minutes ago, desbean said:

For me, maybe this wasn't because of the sim update, but maybe because of the latest Nvidia driver update.  457.09.  Is there a way to easily revert back to the previous driver and check with that one?  I only see the latest driver in the Nvidia experience app so I wasn't sure how to install an older one.