Sign in to follow this  
PinkPony

ASP3D now compatible with P3D v5.1

I really don't know what to do.

Can I use AS with EA? Should I use it with EA? Does it give good results? With what configuration? 

Or should I switch off EA? What configuration then?

As someone said, screenshots would be very helpful.

I see HIFI is doing everything they can to keep up with the constant changes in V5. But I'm kind of lost now trying how to get good results.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

40 minutes ago, kaha said:

I really don't know what to do.

Can I use AS with EA? Should I use it with EA? Does it give good results? With what configuration? 

Or should I switch off EA? What configuration then?

As someone said, screenshots would be very helpful.

I see HIFI is doing everything they can to keep up with the constant changes in V5. But I'm kind of lost now trying how to get good results.

Karl

People, nothing is going to break from just trying this for yourself. Turn EA on, turn on ASP3D and see what happens. Then, turn off EA but keep ASP3D on nd see what happens. What do you like more? You won't break anything doing this, no need to be so concerned.

What I think confuses people is that option within ASP3D that controls that clouds appearance. This option, when UNCHECKED within ASP3D, will allow ASP3D to control some parameters that govern how EA clouds look like. The advice is to leave this UNCHECKED, which is the default. But note: this is NOT something that is set within P3D, rather in ASP3D.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

4 hours ago, Flic1 said:

Also wondering this as I turned EA off to go back to the old skies and I am not convinced I am getting any ASCA cloud injections.....they still look default to me.

Well I got it installed this morning and it auto launches with ASP3D V5 so that part is good but unfortunately not a good day weather wise for clouds at the home base. Will load up some default weather scenarios without ASCA active then compare a real world similar condition with it active when I get a chance.

Gary Stewart

Well, something doesn't make any sense here....If I try to disable EA and HDR error message pops up and says correct errors?! Never seen this before....So I am forced to use EA? But I had it off on the ground and when I start playing as suggested this happens...

So if I try to untick DL - error

to untick Godrays - error,

HDR - error....

so basically I have to keep EA on and hit Cancel to continue.....Something is off...either with my settings or something else and I can't figure at this moment.

Edited by cyyzrwy24

Alex 

14 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Well, something doesn't make any sense here....If I try to disable EA and HDR error message pops up and says correct errors?! Never seen this before....So I am forced to use EA? But I had it off on the ground and when I start playing as suggested this happens...

HDR - error....

so basically I have to keep EA on and hit Cancel to continue.....Something is off...either with my settings or something else and I can't figure at this moment.

I got this too.  change to fair weather and then you can turn EA off.  It will reload when you get back in the simulator.  I still get no clouds sometimes when EA on.  

6 minutes ago, Darcy said:

I got this too.  change to fair weather and then you can turn EA off.  It will reload when you get back in the simulator.  I still get no clouds sometimes when EA on.  

lol...it works but this shouldn't be solution...

Alex 

think ill be staying with v5 hf2 for a little while yet,

this is getting confusing, if i install 5.1 am i able to use non EA mode using skyforce or ASCA? with no issues?

thanks

mike

well, i was waiting for AS to be compatible to 5.1. Now i have installed 5.1. an for now, i´am happy so far but i will stay on using legacy mode with EA disabled. EA has it´s potencial and looks nice with clear sky, or with some clouds aswell, also the nightsky is much more realistic. But as long EA has not the capability of smooth weather transition from one area to the next, where you have also weather fronts etc. it kills the immersion. Also the cloudlayering and the orange martian look at dusk and dawn is inacceptable. 

I´am quite sure that this will be sorted by HiFi and LM but it will take some more updaterounds to get it as nice as the legacy weather engine in conjunction with AS+ENVSHADE. At least i guess that 5.1 is now much more stable in terms of CTD by SimConnect etc. and that´s already a win.

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

My advice to those who say they are confused is to not use EA mode until ASP3D is updated. It works sometimes and then it doesn't. I have confidence that HiFi will fix the problem with EA mode shortly. In the meantime, the standard ASP3D clouds are acceptable.

3 hours ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

HDR - error....

If you select the Weather tab in the options you will see the error message "Cloud layers cannot overlap, please enter a tops value less than xxxx" yoou will see Active Sky has created two cloud layers which overlap in altitude.  I dont know how to post a screen shot on here.  Hifi are aware of this problem.

Regards Chris Ibbotson

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

22 hours ago, LarsA said:

Just tried the new AS version. Highly recommended without EA. In combination with ASCA and HDR on (!) in P3D, it looks fabulous. Play a little bit with the HDR settings and the clouds look beautiful without any known problems of EA. With limited visibility in AS (I have 30 miles), it looks absolutely realistic. No strange cloud patterns visible, no visible objects in haze, smooth, realistic weather transitions, no flickering clouds, no VRAM-problems, etc.. 

ASCA is compatible with ASP3D? When i look on HiFi it says Supports P3D v3, P3D v4, FSX and FSX:SE ?

•  

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

5 minutes ago, Ed_S_Pilot said:

ASCA is compatible with ASP3D? When i look on HiFi it says Supports P3D v3, P3D v4, FSX and FSX:SE ?

•  

Yep I have been using it with V5 and EA off for some time now. I think the ASCA site has not been updated because so far the ASP3D is still in BETA.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

2 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

Yep I have been using it with V5 and EA off for some time now. I think the ASCA site has not been updated because so far the ASP3D is still in BETA.

Sorry,

I decided to read a bit further....        

• New P3D add-on folder specification/design, with everything installed outside of the P3D folders – Includes ASCA support (with SP3 Update)

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

1 hour ago, shivers9 said:

Great!  Gave a shot and the clouds are way way better 4 sure!!

50573950933_10dc578b03_b.jpg

Ed

Is this a normal depiction of "overcast" conditions, or maybe my setup is broken somewhere.

Looks very poor.

Current met report said overcast 700ft (1200 MSL) and in the picture I am at 2200ft MSL already.

I am little disappointed I must say....also the weird graphics artefacts from ORBX ESGG and my Milviz KingAir which is lit up in a very unrealistic manner.

zoJszps.jpg

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |