Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

November 5th 2020 - Development Update

2 hours ago, dtrjones said:

Sounds like you are describing #18 and not #3? I can confirm "Lightening in mostly sunny skies" statement for me is accurate as I witnessed the same thing during flights in south America with real world weather.

The lightening should likely be combined into one issue.  Lightening.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I know that I am going to get slammed for this, but.......the word is "lightning".

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

9 hours ago, OSM said:

Probably Asobo expected that virtual pilots use Flight Simulator to fly from the 3rd person view like usually people fly using game console! In this case Asobo doesn't need PMDG and sophisticated SDK!😄

Yeah, that's why they bothered with 3D modelling the most accurate cockpits provided in a sim to date, because they expected people to fly in third person.  Not to mention, people who use VR routinely play in third person....   Uhhhh....ok....(smh). 

Edited by wthomas33065
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, MatthewS said:

Why doesn't Asobo hire the guy at WorkingTitle (the G1000, G3000, CJ4 mod guy)

There are more than one of us.  They'd have to hire a whole team.  😄

15 hours ago, MatthewS said:

I wonder if Asobo even knows these mods exist.

Trust me, they do.   And I fully believe they are sincere when they express interest in working more closely with the community.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, fppilot said:

The lightening should likely be combined into one issue.  Lightening.

The only way the Community Managers at MS has come up with to 'combine' things is to merge the posts in the threads, but the votes from 1 thread are lost.  They haven't come up with a way to merge votes. (I'm sure the information is there in the forum database because you can 'remove votes', so in the database somewhere is a list of everyone who has voted for a thing)

Personally what I would do is combine them manually on the back end when the Feedback Summary is generated. That would allow other items to occupy the other lines in the Feedback Summary.

But then they would have to discuss their plans for the other lines.  The cynical part of me says they don't mind the duplicates, or keeping things that were fixed in Update 3 on the list (instead of letting a new item enter the list) because it's less that they have to talk about/give updates on.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

35 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

The only way the Community Managers at MS has come up with to 'combine' things is to merge the posts in the threads, but the votes from 1 thread are lost.

I'm sceptical about their voting system because there's no means I know of that prevents the votes being counted although the thread may have turned into a whole different direction than the OP has intended over time. The more important I deem the role of the community managers. They should be the instance to filter and condense the threads and forward an essence - ideally with the most important contributions- of the relevant threads to the developers.

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

8 hours ago, OSM said:

Probably Asobo expected that virtual pilots use Flight Simulator to fly from the 3rd person view like usually people fly using game console!

It's an optional feature, and you can do the same thing in FSX, you just won't have a HUD.

10 hours ago, tweekz said:

Wasn't there supposed to be a big SIM update beginning of November?

I don't think they gave an exact date.

Edited by Tuskin38

2 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

The only way the Community Managers at MS has come up with to 'combine' things is to merge the posts in the threads, but the votes from 1 thread are lost.  They haven't come up with a way to merge votes.

Most votes would be duplicates though - as many people voted both threads. So I think it's fine to merge a thread into the one with the higher count.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

4 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

The only way the Community Managers at MS has come up with to 'combine' things is to merge the posts in the threads, but the votes from 1 thread are lost.  They haven't come up with a way to merge votes.

No wonder they are having trouble with more complex issues like AP, Avionics, and Lightening.....

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

4 hours ago, tweekz said:

Most votes would be duplicates though - as many people voted both threads. So I think it's fine to merge a thread into the one with the higher count.

Somewhere the forum system database knows who voted for what, since you can 'un-vote' for things later.  So they should be able to merge only non-duplicate votes.

5 hours ago, Tom_L said:

The more important I deem the role of the community managers. They should be the instance to filter and condense the threads and forward an essence - ideally with the most important contributions- of the relevant threads to the developers.

I think this distilling of the essence could be improved a lot, based on the back and forth in the last Dev Q&A.  Having a community manager with more aviation, flight sim, or other relevant experience would have really helped, vs assigning someone who needs to get flight sim lessons as community manager of a flight sim....another poor decision on Microsoft's part IMHO, treating this like they would treat any other game.

Edited by marsman2020

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

2 hours ago, fppilot said:

No wonder they are having trouble with more complex issues like AP, Avionics, and Lightening.....

Please tell me you're making a joke. The people working on the forum software are not the same people who work on the sim 🙄

Edited by Tuskin38

7 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Please tell me you're making a joke. The people working on the forum software are not the same people who work on the sim 🙄

Yes, it was tongue in cheek...

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Just now, fppilot said:

Yes, it was tongue in cheek...

Sorry, sometimes it's hard to tell on this forum.

[Tongue in cheek mode on]

Another update... sigh - I have just fixed the problem I was having with a livery on 1.10.7 and.8

Chris Brisland - the repainter known as EagleSkinner is back from the dead. Perhaps. Or maybe not.

System: Intel I9 32 GB RAM, nVidia RTX 3090 graphics 24 GB VRAM, three 32" Samsung monitors, Logitech yoke, pedals, switch panel, multi panel

DEVELOPERS????

any idea if we will ever get the ability to change planes (weight, configurations, etc) after landing or mid-air like we could in previous version? 

-what about doors opening and closing??

would love some cargo planes, sherpa airhaul, c-130, c-133, c-17, an-225, etc     

-what about super fast SR71, f-22

<<  for those who say do it yourself I'm not that inclined thats why I am asking >>