Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Update #6 (1.10.11.0) is now live!

1 hour ago, roi1862 said:

I mean live weather can barely do rain right... not to mention snow is not simulated at all.

Nah. It’s fine. Does a great job. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Honnli said:

Hmm that's an interesting theory and discovery. Which means reducing the download speed prevents the ISP from treating the fast download of these big files as torrents or something like that then. Which would mean the MSFS client isn't able to handle a suddenly throttled download speed. But then that means the ISP would be constantly throttling and de-throttling before and after each loop in this case. How weird. Oh well, at least limiting the download speed solved the issue for me at least. 🙂

None of that. If you have limited the speed inside the sim in the data section and the download of the update surpasses that speed, it goes into a loop.
To complete the download and be able to access the sim again, you have to limit your download speed with netlimiter.
Then remove the data speed cap inside the sim for the next update.

Yes, should have been addressed by bugsobo on day 1 since I read about this problem many times.

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

2 hours ago, roi1862 said:

I mean live weather can barely do rain right... not to mention snow is not simulated at all.

What are you on about - flew back IRL from central Canada and the sim showed frozen tundra exactly as I saw out the window, snow and all.

7 minutes ago, EmaRacing said:

None of that. If you have limited the speed inside the sim in the data section and the download of the update surpasses that speed, it goes into a loop.
To complete the download and be able to access the sim again, you have to limit your download speed with netlimiter.
Then remove the data speed cap inside the sim for the next update.

Yes, should have been addressed by bugsobo on day 1 since I read about this problem many times.

really looking forward to your "so long and thanks for all the fish" thread...

As the download issue hits some who don't cap bandwidth in the sim, that's likely not it. 

Edited by DylanM

11 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

Why would you set any kind connection speed limit in the sim itself? Would you not want the connection to be as fast as your ISP is capable of providing?

I have 200MB connection. The update completely downloaded in 1 minute, 55 seconds. Average download speed was 95MB, but it hit 115 for a few moments. 

Yes I would, but being on 4G, sometimes the connection speed drops below 50Mbps and the game starts displaying GIANT banners taking the whole screen in flight, instead of just making use of the (reduced) band he has for a couple of minutes.
The only way to avoid that is setting a lower bandwidth limit.
I want to see who thought, at bugsobo, that displaying a giant red text banner was wayyy better than having low res in a corner of the map for a couple of seconds more, or some building popping out...

• Upvote 1

GarbagePoster

9 minutes ago, EmaRacing said:

at bugsobo,

The failure seems to be on your end. I suggest you review your computer practices before blaming the developer. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ricardo41 said:

The failure seems to be on your end. I suggest you review your computer practices before blaming the developer. 

I fed my computers with mashed potatoes for 20 years and never had a problem.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

GarbagePoster

15 minutes ago, DylanM said:

really looking forward to your "so long and thanks for all the fish" thread...

As the download issue hits some who don't cap bandwidth in the sim, that's likely not it. 

For me it was exactly that.
The game was set to 40Mbps, I set netlimiter to 39Mbps, all good, 41Mbps, loop again, 39, all good till the end of the update, which was fast.

GarbagePoster

MS Store had already downloaded the update when I checked.

Installation in the sim went fine, except it stayed on a black screen for about 2 minutes after the patch was installed. 

Content manager had a 74 mb update (don't know what product it was, I selected all)

Flew a short flight around Big Bear airport (free addon) in the Mooney

Mooney seemed fine, performance seemed okay. I did not left or right click on the knobs, only scroll wheel. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

51 minutes ago, DylanM said:

What are you on about - flew back IRL from central Canada and the sim showed frozen tundra exactly as I saw out the window, snow and all.

Great can you give me an ICAO and i will check what i see ? 

• Like 1

Roi Ben

1 hour ago, TravelRunner404 said:

Nah. It’s fine. Does a great job. 

Great give me a snowy place i can take a look at.

Roi Ben

6 hours ago, roi1862 said:

In today's world where everyone are working hard

And I trust that all of those people in here who are working hard are producing completely flawless large-scope multinational million-dollar products for a billion-dollar corporation. Because otherwise, they should maybe think about sitting back and reconsidering their attitude. 

Big projects are hard, even for organizations that have been doing it for decades, unlike Asobo. It's not terribly surprising that a studio which has never done flight simulation or anything like it in the past would have some errors in the early days of its product. It's actually surprising how much they got right already.

• Like 9

10 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Nice shot in the C152.  Loving the water as well (and the clouds in your pic).  What little bit of pixilation or graininess there is around the edges of the clouds in some situations is easy to ignore anyway.  I think they will leave it to the DX12 release to take care of that and a few other little display refinements.

One question: Do the silver bezels around the radio stack displays still shimmer a bit on yours?  That is the only anti-aliasing problem I have on mine now.

Thanks for the comment on the C152 shot. The water does look incredible. Really enjoying the sim at the moment and it seems to be getting better and better.

As far as your question, the radio stack edges do shimmer a tiny bit, but it seems to be improving with each update of the taa. It's really not very noticeable at 1440p for me. Personally, I'd say the aa is excellent at this point. Thx

• Like 1

4790k / 16gb / 1080ti / lotsa ssd's / 1440p / TM Warthog & Tflight Pedals 

The is the first update which instills confidence in me that Asobo has finally gotten over the preliminary phase where they fix things and break other things simultaneously. I did the dance, renamed the Community folder, created a blank Community folder, ran the patch and then renamed the original Community folder but deleted add-ons that weren't compatible with the patch. You'd think that Asobo might have thought of this procedure and embedded it in each patch. At least this time they warned us in the release notes not to keep stuff in the Community folder.

• Like 1