Sign in to follow this  
sd_flyer

Carenado PA44 mini review

On 11/22/2020 at 1:01 PM, Bert Pieke said:

The AP switch is a three way switch: OFF/FD/AP

Are you sure you have AP engaged?

I get this too.  ALT mode holds the pressure altitude at the moment the ALT button is pressed.  At least the real one does.  Sometimes it flies forever and does great and other times I have to select VS and go back down and re-engage ALT.  Usually pressing the B key will reset the altimeter and get it close.

9 minutes ago, thecorporatepilotdad said:

What RPM did you use when checking the mags?  I did a mag check in the PA-44 and did get a drop from 2000 RPM. It was a small drop but it dropped.  There are other bugs with the PA-44.  Things like the prop coming out of feather with the engine shut down (no accumulator on this version as far as I know and no oil pressure so it shouldn't move out of feather until started) and when one alternator is turned off both amp gauges peg at 100.  I made a review video of it on YouTube and sent it to Carenado.  They responded so hopefully they'll fix that and other items.  Overall, it is a great airplane compared to the default aircraft.

I used 2000

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

After the last update, the opening of the window, door and sun protection does not work. Causes FS2020 crash.

Don't touch the sunshade / windshield visor. 

It will instantly CTD after the latest update.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

So this one worked "ok" for what... 5 days from the time it was released to the time Asobo broke it with an update that now causes CTDs?

How is any 3rd party developer to be expected to deal with this?

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Just now, marsman2020 said:

So this one worked "ok" for what... 5 days from the time it was released to the time Asobo broke it with an update that now causes CTDs?

Exactly Andrew-

Succinctly illuminates the current predicament for end users and FUTURE PURCHASERS as well.

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

3 hours ago, thecorporatepilotdad said:

This is a tutorial I made for the S-Tec 55 autopilot for the PA-44 by Carenado.  I have not flown the PA-44 in real life but have flown similar aircraft and I am a professional pilot.  PA-44 Autopilot Tutorial - Carenado Piper Seminole - Microsoft Flight Simulator - YouTube   Hope this helps!

nice vid thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marsman2020 said:

All the sims are doing it these days.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

On 11/20/2020 at 7:15 PM, sd_flyer said:

This is not how you fly on one engine lol 

I did a review on it 2 days ago.  I did quite a bit of stuff with it in the review and even flew on one engine, feathered, and restarted the engine.  No crashing into lakes.  No crashing period.  But if that is the video I am thinking of, in her defense,  she has never flown multi-engine aircraft according to her commentary.

Here is mine: Carenado PA-44 Review by a Professional Pilot - Microsoft Flight Simulator - YouTube

• Like 1

On 11/21/2020 at 6:05 PM, Jetman67 said:

This has the potential to be really great after a couple of patches, would also like to see animation for prop feather, I'm enjoying it for sure it was a good buy

It feathers nicely but the coming out of feather and the prop rotating without accumulators is not correct.  I am pretty sure this model doesn't have accumulators and uses oil pressure to go from feather to high RPM.  The amp gauges are wrong when an alternator(s) is switched off.  I posted my YouTube review video in an e-mail to Carenado and they are sending it to their dev team so at least some of it, if not all of it will get fixed.  Their response was way better than any response I've had from Asobo.  I enjoy it too.  Best airplane on the game now.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2020 at 9:10 PM, FrankR409 said:

I managed it by turning on vs and dial up or down with the knob to the right as desired, and the re-engaged alt when I was at my altitude.

with that said, I see no fuel flow gauge, and the egt doesn’t seem to move irrespective of any changes to the mixture.

EGT does move but you have to move the mixture A TON compared to real life to get it to register on the EGT.  All the mixture controls are way off in FS2020.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Republic3D said:

Don't touch the sunshade / windshield visor. 

It will instantly CTD after the latest update.

same here pain in the neck

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

6 hours ago, thecorporatepilotdad said:

I did a review on it 2 days ago.  I did quite a bit of stuff with it in the review and even flew on one engine, feathered, and restarted the engine.  No crashing into lakes.  No crashing period.  But if that is the video I am thinking of, in her defense,  she has never flown multi-engine aircraft according to her commentary.

Here is mine: Carenado PA-44 Review by a Professional Pilot - Microsoft Flight Simulator - YouTube

Great video for some reason my prop never stops when I pull the mixture and feather the engine. it just keeps windmilling. I have even turned the fuel off and when I feather I do see and hear the prop feather and loose performance accordingly but it just never stops

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

13 hours ago, Jetman67 said:

Great video for some reason my prop never stops when I pull the mixture and feather the engine. it just keeps windmilling. I have even turned the fuel off and when I feather I do see and hear the prop feather and loose performance accordingly but it just never stops

Make sure it is all the way back to feather.  I sometimes have to put my mouse on the prop lever and move the scroll wheel.  It will feather.  

Thanks I'll give that a try,they did a pretty good job of modelling engine out

Wayne such