Sign in to follow this  
sd_flyer

Carenado PA44 mini review

The things that would bother me, is that I already have the P3D version where I have been able to fix the little things that Carenado got wrong... and here I would run into the exact same problems with no ability to fix.

For example when you move the AP master switch from Off to FD, the STEC should run its screen test routine.  In the Alabeo version, it only does this when you move the switch to AP.

• Like 1

Bert

• Like 3

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

The only piston engine planes with retractable gear in the Standard Edition's 20 planes are the little VL3 racer, Bonanza, and Diamond 330LT longwing twin.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Based on the reviews and the developers reputation I will pass on this one. I have the P3D v4/5 version and that's a nice twin, but not what I'm looking for for MSFS. At this point, I'm hoping for an A2A type GA with realistic systems & simulation and a dev with a 1st class reputation.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

48 minutes ago, Fielder said:

This is not how you fly on one engine lol 

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

5 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

This is not how you fly on one engine lol 

The entire video exemplifies what not to do in a real light twin.

BTW, an you imagine what A2A would do with a PA44? It's one of the most popular trainers, I hope they consider developing a Seminole for MSFS.

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

19 minutes ago, DJJose said:

The entire video exemplifies what not to do in a real light twin.

BTW, an you imagine what A2A would do with a PA44? It's one of the most popular trainers, I hope they consider developing a Seminole for MSFS.

I would get any A2A airplane with my eyes closed LOL

• Like 4

Someone asked about night lightning

unknown.png?width=2307&height=1298

• Like 3

Also I don't think OAT gauge works. It always show the same temperature

In few hours I found more bugs than Carenado "testers" and "real pilots" LOL

Despite reported issues, I am still happy that I purchased it.  Easy to operate and I am happy to have another analog paneled aircraft right now and not next year.

Ok, I couldn't help myself and Carenado got some more of my money.  Nice to hear the Mooney fix is coming soon but have a question about the PA44.  I have a lot to learn with this plane for sure.  Is there anywhere to set the altitude for the AP? I figured out how to get it to follow the GPS but can't find anywhere to set the altitude.

14 minutes ago, Mike62 said:

Despite reported issues, I am still happy that I purchased it.  Easy to operate and I am happy to have another analog paneled aircraft right now and not next year.

Yup, that's kind of where I am with it too. It was pretty cheap and it adds an interim twin with reasonably decent range, speed and capacity to make it a good stepping-stone fleet aeroplane for Air Hauler when it is available for MSFS (in a few weeks, as far as I am aware).

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Went for a quick flight in it this afternoon and first impressions were good.  Going for a second flight now but overall I'm happy to have a steam gauge twin in the sim!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU