captain420

Henrik Nielsen's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS

What is the main difference between v3 and v5? Only more ships and routes or is it more?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

35 minutes ago, Nemo said:

What is the main difference between v3 and v5? Only more ships and routes or is it more?

Also a revised file structure and faster sim loading time due to some optimisations.

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

On 4/26/2024 at 5:32 PM, jarmstro said:

Easily the best freeware available for MS2020. I enjoy it so much. With one proviso: There is still no ship sailing up the river Parrett to the wharf at Dunball! 😂

I have now drawn a route to Dunball Wharf for the next edition. It was a bit hard to find a ship small enough to be able to turn around there and apparently one also has to watch out for the tide... at least in the real world

Dunball_Sand_Wharf_-_geograph.org.uk_-_7

• Like 2

This is definitely one of the best freeware packages available for MSFS. I used the P3D version, and installing the MSFS version when I switched to the new simulator last November was a no brainer. It adds so much to the immersion, and getting a close up view of one of the models when on final approach to an airport located near water is always a special experience :cool:

• Like 4

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I've just installed this new release, and with the same settings, I'm seeing a lot more traffic than in the previous version. The Channel between Calais and Dover was nicely busy with realistic-looking ships this afternoon. Absolutely great add-on, as always Henrick.👍

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

8 minutes ago, Paul K said:

I've just installed this new release, and with the same settings, I'm seeing a lot more traffic than in the previous version. The Channel between Calais and Dover was nicely busy with realistic-looking ships this afternoon. Absolutely great add-on, as always Henrick.👍

Thanks for the feedback 😄 

Yes, the loading works much better with the new version 5.0 and while there is also more routes, it is the improved loading which gives the biggest increase in traffic. There was simply traffic which never loaded in version 3. 

Are there any specific settings I need to change to maximise the traffic in the simulator, or can I safely ignore the AI traffic settings tab?

16 hours ago, KL791 said:

I have now drawn a route to Dunball Wharf for the next edition. It was a bit hard to find a ship small enough to be able to turn around there and apparently one also has to watch out for the tide... at least in the real world

Dunball_Sand_Wharf_-_geograph.org.uk_-_7

I bow low. Amazing and thank you! You are right. As far as I know the river has one of the biggest tidal rages in the world. A few hours later the boat in the picture would be resting on six feet of grey mud with no water in sight.

• Like 1

I have never actually used this, but it does look good.  Is it not a FPS hog?

41 minutes ago, ErichB said:

It is actually really soft on FPS and the new version is much better than previous ones. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ErichB said:

Nope, I have not noticed any performance issues with this package installed.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It's no longer on Flightsim.to?

I see the VOS ( vroon offshore) are still in, vessels of VOS have been sold and company does not exists anymore. Vos Stone for example went to CBED. But after 23 years for this company and many years on the Vos Stone, I still enjoy seeing here in the sim 🙂

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

7 minutes ago, ErichB said:

It's no longer on Flightsim.to?

It may have been removed, but it can be downloaded from the Fly Away Simulation site, and you do not need a PRO membership to get it at proper download speeds.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/24877/msfs-ai-ships-boats-global-traffic/

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png