Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

World Update II: United States (Update #7) is now live!

I was hoping these US Obelix's would be gone with the US update. This is just north of KSAN airport (san Diego) I was wondering what these were earlier and was hoping it would be gone. But Nope!

KSAN-Obelix.png

• Like 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

13 minutes ago, Manny said:

I was hoping these US Obelix's would be gone with the US update. This is just north of KSAN airport (san Diego) I was wondering what these were earlier and was hoping it would be gone. But Nope!

That's just part of the photogrammetry, unless Microsoft gets better/updated data, they're not going away. if you look they're there on the official windows map app as well. They're either light poles or trees.

TSLHLlA.png

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Manny said:

KSAN-Obelix.png

Might be some strange art project

mpux4CR.jpg

• Like 5

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

16 minutes ago, Manny said:

KSAN-Obelix.png

Pretty sure these are palm trees - or rather, Blackshark AI's interpretation of what it does when it sees palm trees in the satellite imagery.  They line the beaches and other areas in SoCal in the same manner as the real palm trees.  Go find the location of an In-n-Out Burger for instance, and you'll see them there too.  Hopefully there will be a better interpretation of them in the world model someday. 

• Like 2

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

How can i change the keys to change the height in the cockpit? I used the arrows up/down/left/right. 

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

22 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

Pretty sure these are palm trees - or rather, Blackshark AI's interpretation of what it does when it sees palm trees in the satellite imagery

It's not Blackshark, that AI doesn't handle the photogrammetry.

Go watch the video on the AI from a few months ago. It handles the shape and size of some of the autogen buildings (not all, the sim uses OSM data to supplement it) among other things, but not the photogrammetry.

Edited by Tuskin38

3 minutes ago, Schwarzgruber said:

How can i change the keys to change the height in the cockpit? I used the arrows up/down/left/right. 

Left and right is translate cockpit camera left or right and up/down is Increase/Decrease Cockpit Height

• Like 2

Thomas Derbyshire

Just my 2 cents worth

Flying to Omak - KOMK - from Renton KRNT in Washington State - Omak is completely misplaced on the MSFS flight planner map so you need to find it visually. Its actuall ya few miles north of where it is on the map and caught me by surprise. The Rockies seem nicely done around there though.

Flying from Stewart CZST to PASI - ie in the USA

Stewart Airstrip looks lovely and the mountains around are much improved than how I remember them a few months ago.

En-route into the USA the scenery deteriorates somewhat - jagged coastlines and ugly cloud gap textures near PAFE in S Alaska. PASI looks much as it did - no more love here. Ripe for an addon I think

Need to go to CYBD as there was a raised river bed at the wrong elevation spoiling that beautiful valley near Bella Coola.

USA is vast, so I guess the update is patchy in places.

Ray

5 minutes ago, rayharris108 said:

Need to go to CYBD as there was a raised river bed at the wrong elevation spoiling that beautiful valley near Bella Coola.

This update only touched the elevation in the US (and some areas close to the border where there is data overlap), so it probably hasn't changed.

Edited by Tuskin38

3 hours ago, JimBrown said:

Did you go to the marketplace and "buy and download" the "US Update"?

...jim

3 hours ago, espent said:

Check in Market Placed the you have the World Update installed. Is it marked as "Owned/Installed"? If not, click "Buy & Download".

Even though it is free it is your choice if you want to add it to your sim.

mp.png

2 hours ago, wthomas33065 said:

You should see UNALASKA to KULIK LAKE as a new Bush trip.  It shows up in my activities.  I am assuming you also downloaded the US update from Marketplace as well.  (you have to purchase and download, (it's free)), but it's treated like other third party addons.

2 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

Did you go into the Marketplace and 'Buy and Download' the free US World Update DLC?

2 hours ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

Yes! I forgot to mention that step🤭

Thank you to all of you, I didn't do that, my bad!

• Like 2

On 11/24/2020 at 6:03 PM, Zimmerbz said:

Are the pixelated clouds fixed? 

Flight Simmers are such an entitled bunch 😄

Some are no doubt comparing the astonishingly realistic clouds that Asobo have created with the REX 2D photos of clouds in P3D and thinking what we have is worse

I'm surprised Asobo have managed to create clouds with this level of realism in MSFS on current gen graphics cards - I thought we'd be 5-10 years away from what they have created

2 minutes ago, EGLD said:

Flight Simmers are such an entitled bunch 😄

Some are no doubt comparing the astonishingly realistic clouds that Asobo have created with the REX 2D photos of clouds in P3D and thinking what we have is worse

I'm surprised Asobo have managed to create clouds with this level of realism in MSFS on current gen graphics cards - I thought we'd be 5-10 years away from what they have created

The issue isn't that we are entitled,   But they used to be better.  Then they were degraded without explanation, one can see why people would be upset.

It's like being initally fed Prime Rib, then later given hamburger and when we mention it that it's not Prime Rib, others mention we should be grateful we aren't eating dog food.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

It's not Blackshark, that AI doesn't handle the photogrammetry.

Go watch the video on the AI from a few months ago. It handles the shape and size of some of the autogen buildings (not all, the sim uses OSM data to supplement it) among other things, but not the photogrammetry.

Thank you, I obviously stand corrected.

Howsomever to the original question, I still say that the chingasso dealybob what takes the magic satellite pixies and chooches them around in order to portray a digitally misshapen world, is trying to represent palm trees.

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

11 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

Thank you, I obviously stand corrected.

Howsomever to the original question, I still say that the chingasso dealybob what takes the magic satellite pixies and chooches them around in order to portray a digitally misshapen world, is trying to represent palm trees.

the chingasso dealybob is not trying to represent anything.  It is applying an altitude mesh to the basic terrain and then essentially putting a photographic sheet on top and draping it over.  The chingasso dealybob has no idea what that bump is other than an altitude point.    The better the mesh, the better the fit the sheet makes.

There is no doubt that Bing maps photogrammetry is far inferior to Google.  Luckily we have the option to turn it off.  The Autogen does a pretty decent job, except that the buildings are all now generic and fuel storage tanks often get rendered with windows (lol).    I would imagine that Asobo is leaving the job of "tarting" up the cities to the 3rd Party developer.  

In the meantime we get to choose whether to fly with Photogrammety on, or off.  And sometimes it's an easy choice and other times, not so much.

Edited by wthomas33065

For those who were discussing the Omaha, Nebraska area yesterday (KOMA)...

I posted a fix at Flightsim.TO

• Like 2

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram