Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Mathijs Kok’s vision on Fs ( also on P3D )

3 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Thats why i didn't write 4800 but mutliplied it VERY generously as you can read. yourself. 

Except as Umberto already pointed out, you're conflating average (not even peak) concurrent users on a single platform with total users overall.  Not to mention a whole bunch of other citation-less assertions you've made about who is playing MFS, lol.

The one million user number is indeed not useful for add-on sales, just as much as sold through copies of P3D or XP aren't useful indicators of actual concurrent or frequent users for those sims.  Or any game or simulator, for that matter.  It's been estimated before that around 90% of people don't even finish the games they buy.

It was a marketing stat, to show that over a million unique people back in October had at least tried the game.  It wasn't just automatically including Game Pass people, or that number would be more like 16 million.

3 minutes ago, Scottoest said:

It wasn't just automatically including Game Pass people

It wasn't? Where does it say that?

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Just now, d.tsakiris said:

It wasn't? Where does it say that?

Well for one, it wouldn't make sense prima facie (and it hasn't been Microsoft's MO when announcing similar figures for any other game they've released).  For two, as I said, if they were just throwing in all Game Pass people who technically have ACCESS to the game, then it would be more like 15-16 million.

Game Pass has over 15 million subscribers, not one million.

1 minute ago, Scottoest said:

Or any game or simulator, for that matter.  It's been estimated before that around 90% of people don't even finish the games they buy.....

Well......how is this measured in P3D and MSFS?

I see....so many  high level knowledges (does count for the most of us, not only for you), rough numbers, marketing stats (does not equal internal stats!!), and so far and so on.

We probably all don´t know exactly about statistics regarding  flightsim.

And even if MSFS did not have a quarter of all those users....that says nothing! Good marketing, big project with lots of goals in addition to flight simulation.......

FACT is, the Thread traffic in the P3D section of avsim has gone down after release of msfs and gone up again since a few weeks.

Simbols sales numbers also.

My purchased addons also

And I think P3D is still in business and has good things to offer in future. And if MSFS becomes also interesting....I can choose.....if I want to choose.

At good and sometimes harder discussions we should not forget that devs and platforms should go hand in hand! I would like to see more deliverables at P3D again. I am happy to buy and spend some money. If the price is right and the quality is there.

Marcus 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

3 minutes ago, Scottoest said:

Well for one, it wouldn't make sense prima facie (and it hasn't been Microsoft's MO when announcing similar figures for any other game they've released).  For two, as I said, if they were just throwing in all Game Pass people who technically have ACCESS to the game, then it would be more like 15-16 million.

Game Pass has over 15 million subscribers, not one million.

So ... citation-less assertions abouth how many copies the have SOLD.

And neither LM nor Laminar Research had to "gift" copies to subscription users.

Edited by JoeFackel
  • Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Just now, JoeFackel said:

Probably the only right assumption! 😉 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

15 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

And bandwidth and hardware can be uses for other things also, and MSFS addon not.

You said "how many might have upgraded their bandwidth JUST for MSFS ?"

It would be best is, instead of citing made-up statistic you don't have ANY data for, you could start trying to trust somebody that HAS actual sales figures from MSFS add-ons, including some figures on how many of them are on Steam and how many are not. 

Or, maybe, most developers has gone into some kind of collective suicidal attitude and for some reasons, decided to support a platform that nobody buys add-ons from, instead of sticking with the one that shows some growth in sales.

By the way......"Mathijs" is getting a lot of thread attention here.....this thread is HOT!

Although he has left the building (=P3D) already!  

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

2 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

I didn't say that one million number was copies SOLD.  I said it would be unique users - which would include people who bought the sim traditionally, as well as any Game Pass users who downloaded it and used it that way, not simply all GP users period - which is a number over 15 million.

Shell we open a "Team-Call"? That would be a new way to interact about FlightSim and have a nice conversation as we are all "live" chatting here anyway with probably lots of misinterpretations 😉

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

3 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Shell we open a "Team-Call"? That would be a new way to interact about FlightSim and have a nice conversation as we are all "live" chatting here anyway with probably lots of misinterpretations 😉

😂

mathijs2.jpg

“P3D ? What’s that 😂 😂 😂 ? ...”

• Like 5

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

He probably laughs with toothache about his company name on the visitors badge which is incorrectly spelled GMBA instead of GmbH

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

4 hours ago, virtuali said:

For example, a new 3rd party airplane comes with a custom flight model ( maybe a turboprop, since those are STILL broken in P3D! ) and there goes down the drain all that lengthy explanation about why "MSFS it's a game".

I don't understand this statement.  I've flown the Majestic Q400 basically all November.  It may be my favorite plane.  It's a turboprop.  It's not broken.  

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

21 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I don't understand this statement.  I've flown the Majestic Q400 basically all November.  It may be my favorite plane.  It's a turboprop.  It's not broken.  

Not in MSFS.

I reckon Umberto refers to the point in time serious addons will arrive to the MS platform transforming it from a "game" into something "more serious".

Sadly I have to agree with Umberto. 3PDs have to follow their source of income and judging by their reaction their nose leads them to MSFS. That's unfortunate for us  - end users as it creates a hiatus between now and the time the platform allows more sophisticated addons. In the meantime I guess we'll get plenty of scenery for MSFS and a thin trickle of addons for p3d. 

Edited by ha5mvo