Sign in to follow this  
desbean

is simaddons company reputable?

When I try to install the simaddons CYHZ scenery I put in the code they sent me and the "next" button is greyed out. So I go to their support site and you can't use it unless you register. So I click on the register link and I'm told "The registration is disabled. To register please contact an administrator". Am I supposed to know a simmaddons administrator? Seems kind of like a bogus company.

Try support@simaddons.com

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

My CYHZ worked fine, I'm guessing they may have accidentally given you the wrong code.

Though I'm going to be honest, I should have waited for Airfield Canada's CYHZ, it looks a lot better. It's currently in Development for X-Plane, but they're working with another developer to port it to MSFS.

Edited by Tuskin38

Definitely reputable. Ralph offers outstanding customer service. 

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Yea Ralph will surely take care of you at that email address and can get you set up with forum access too.

FSimStudios is also working on YHZ.  Having said that I bought the simaddons version once it was released as it’s my home airport (plus it includes Shearwater which was completely missing), some smaller Nova Scotia airfields and a reasonable Downtown Halifax skyline so it will do the trick until another version comes along.  

My home airport is one I don’t mind buying multiple times.

Edited by regis9
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

True, is a good hold over, plus it added Shearwater. Which technically isn't an airport anymore, but it's still fun to fly into for the view of the city.

I wonder, since Shearwater is a separate addon folder if I could keep that along side the Airfield Canada/FSimStudios CYHZ whenever it comes out.

Edited by Tuskin38

Thank you everyone for the info. I will await a reply from their support.

Update: and almost immediately got a reply and am all set up now.

Edited by desbean

2 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

I wonder, since Shearwater is a separate addon folder if I could keep that along side the Airfield Canada/FSimStudios CYHZ whenever it comes out

That’s what I’m hoping, since as you mention it’s now a heliport only now but the heli runway is still long enough to get some GA aircraft up.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

5 hours ago, desbean said:

Thank you everyone for the info. I will await a reply from their support.

Update: and almost immediately got a reply and am all set up now.

That's what I would have expected. I am a customer of Ralph for 10 years now, and he is one of the best in the business when it comes to support.

Peter 

• Like 1

Simaddons is so confusing.

I thought I'll check out some and maybe buy a a couple of CA airports.

They don't seem to have airport by airport page with screen shots of each airports. 

They have a page with the title "Photos" with tons of gorgeous screenshots but since I am not familiar with CA airports I cannot tell which screen shot is for which airport  unless Isee the airport name on the shot.

How does one tell which shot goes with which airport?

http://www.simaddons.com/pages/simaddons_pictures_msfs.htm

then they have this useless page with no links. Sigh!

http://www.simaddons.com/pages/simaddons_addons_msfs.htm

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

4 minutes ago, Manny said:

Simaddons is so confusing.

I thought I'll check out some and maybe buy a a couple of CA airports.

They don't seem to have airport by airport page with screen shots of each airports. 

They have a page with the title "Photos" with tons of gorgeous screenshots but since I am not familiar with CA airports I cannot tell which screen shot is for which airport  unless Isee the airport name on the shot.

How does one tell which shot goes with which airport?

http://www.simaddons.com/pages/simaddons_pictures_msfs.htm

then they have this useless page with no links. Sigh!

http://www.simaddons.com/pages/simaddons_addons_msfs.htm

This page has links though:

http://www.simaddons.com/pages/simaddons_purchase1.htm

I have not heard of this Vendor at all. It's a shame since they have been in business for a while and they have some really good stuff. WTH!

The snow covered airports are spectacular. All that cold Canada has taught them good. 

35 years ago I applied to University of Nova Scotia to do my MBA and I visited York University in Toronto to check out he school. .But the March winter of CA scared me and I went to grad school in the US. Ha Ha! 

They need a good PR/Marketing person telling them how to market their stuff better. 

Edited by Manny

Manny

1 minute ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Interesting, the link for each airport is different but they all take you to the same paypal login .

They need a better sales person. 🙂

Manny