Sign in to follow this  
Gridley

This is why I'm sticking with P3D

1 hour ago, psolk said:

yet all those sims and users co-exist without any issues, animosity or "us vs them."

Really? I find that hard to believe 🙂

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

1 hour ago, psolk said:

All you needed to show was a picture of PMDG, FSLabs or QW's 787

Your wish is my command 🙂

2wPjFs0.jpg

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 minute ago, F737NG said:

Your wish is my command 🙂

2wPjFs0.jpg

This!  I am doing the same thing in the QW787 from EWR-TLV right now with a night departure out of EWR with AIG-OCI AI looking and sounding incredible, GSXL2, the new LLBG scenery, Pac-X and PF3 for passengers and ATC, ActiveSky for wxr and in awe of the immersion.  Now THAT I can't do in MSFS but when I land I will still hop into MSFS and go check out VFR over the Middle East.    

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

49 minutes ago, blaunarwal said:

Because they are too different in use and both need a lot to learn and to keep. It's not as easy as driving cars 😉

It is also a question of money and time. I just don't have time for two sims. 

Makes total sense...  I do have all my controls mapped to the same buttons across sims though which makes transitioning easier.  

16 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I only used Assetto Corsa when I was racing online between 2014 and 2018. I had little interest in any of the others.

I used AC before iRacing had the Porsche Cayman's but now ACC has a more realistic feel to how I drive the real car plus the same telemetry systems I run in the real car, iRacing is where most of the big leagues are that I run in.  Race Room has the best full Nurburgring so I use it exclusively for that (my friend lives next to Sabine's family inside the ring and swears by it) and RFactor is making a huge comeback now in terms of historical stuff...   None of them have everything though 😉   

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

18 minutes ago, psolk said:

This!  I am doing the same thing in the QW787 from EWR-TLV right now with a night departure out of EWR with AIG-OCI AI looking and sounding incredible, GSXL2, the new LLBG scenery, Pac-X and PF3 for passengers and ATC, ActiveSky for wxr and in awe of the immersion.  Now THAT I can't do in MSFS but when I land I will still hop into MSFS and go check out VFR over the Middle East.    

I run a veritable alphabet soup of add-ons. ActiveSky, ChasePlane, Navigraph Charts, GSX L2, AIG AI traffic, FS-ATC-Chatter, AILRP, SLC, SimToolKit Pro, FFTF Dynamic, RealTurb, AI Companion, AIFlow, AIGround.

I also throw *a lot* of photo scenery (free- and payware), as well as numerous payware add-on airports and aircraft into my P3D.
Yes, it is a lot of extras. No, it isn't cheap. Especially when I include the FS specific hardware in my setup. Yet for me, it's the most immersive flight sim.

I'll dabble with some GA flying in MSFS again once it has another update or two. But honestly, for airliner and bizjet flights, based on where Asobo and the airliner developers are, it seems as though my P3D will easily remain ahead of MSFS for the next 12-18 months.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

29 minutes ago, F737NG said:

I run a veritable alphabet soup of add-ons. ActiveSky, ChasePlane, Navigraph Charts, GSX L2, AIG AI traffic, FS-ATC-Chatter, AILRP, SLC, SimToolKit Pro, FFTF Dynamic, RealTurb, AI Companion, AIFlow, AIGround.

I also throw *a lot* of photo scenery (free- and payware), as well as numerous payware add-on airports and aircraft into my P3D.
Yes, it is a lot of extras. No, it isn't cheap. Especially when I include the FS specific hardware in my setup. Yet for me, it's the most immersive flight sim.

I'll dabble with some GA flying in MSFS again once it has another update or two. But honestly, for airliner and bizjet flights, based on where Asobo and the airliner developers are, it seems as though my P3D will easily remain ahead of MSFS for the next 12-18 months.

+1 on everything you said...   Until I have some of my detailed heavy add-ons in MSFS P3D isn't going anywhere.  Also, I am not personally but I understand for rotorheads there is no imminent chopper solution on the horizon for MSFS.  That was my point all along, there are SO many things MSFS legitimately can not come close to matching or offering that showing a low and slow GA flight as the reason to stay with P3D seemed "ironic" to me as that's about the only thing MSFS does well LOL... 

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

I made a decision right from the start to keep flying the NGX in P3Dv4.5 and then use MSFS for all GA flying. It seems to work well, although I really miss my A2A aircraft, but I guess that's just a matter of time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

7 hours ago, mpo910 said:

There could be several reasons for NOT wanting both.

• Financial
  • Maintenance
  • Diskspace

Just to add my personal reasons. At this point in time I do not like the MS marketing program nor do I like the amazing short comings of the software as it is today...period...full stop. That is the decision I made and not open for a discussion or judgement.

• Upvote 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

There's one very good reason why I prefer a single sim. Maintenance! The world is a changing place and keeping on top of addon airports with runway changes, ILS changes, general tweaking etc. keeps me occupied when I'm not flying.

I also invested hundreds of pounds on GoFlight modules back in 2003 and they still work in P3D today because drivers are available for them. But GoFlight have been very quiet for a long time and I'm concerned they will never release drivers for MSFS. That would relegate my expensive modules to desk clutter. It's all down to GoFlight. No way could I ever revert to changing coms and nav frequencies using the mouse on a virtual cockpit.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

21 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

That would relegate my expensive modules to desk clutter. It's all down to GoFlight. No way could I ever revert to changing coms and nav frequencies using the mouse on a virtual cockpit.

LOL...Don't worry Ray. If MS is completes the job of blowing up home flight simulators they will open a spin off company that will sell you all new modules that will only work with MSFS and x-box! 😜

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

3 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

LOL...Don't worry Ray. If MS is completes the job of blowing up home flight simulators they will open a spin off company that will sell you all new modules that will only work with MSFS and x-box! 😜

Fat chance of that happening! 😉 After some searching I found a post on another forum that said GoFlight are working on drivers for MSFS but there’s nothing on the website to back that up.

Maybe to save themselves work they’re waiting for the SDK to become more complete. It would be odd if they didn’t support it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

There's one very good reason why I prefer a single sim. Maintenance! The world is a changing place and keeping on top of addon airports with runway changes, ILS changes, general tweaking etc. keeps me occupied when I'm not flying.

I also invested hundreds of pounds on GoFlight modules back in 2003 and they still work in P3D today because drivers are available for them. But GoFlight have been very quiet for a long time and I'm concerned they will never release drivers for MSFS. That would relegate my expensive modules to desk clutter. It's all down to GoFlight. No way could I ever revert to changing coms and nav frequencies using the mouse on a virtual cockpit.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/goflight-products-now-compatible-with-fs-2020-really-yes-kind-of/250826   

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Great discussion all.  Here's my follow up.

In my opinion, the best part about this experience is VoxATC.  I can communicate with ATC using voice only, and VoxATC controls the AI so it's interactive and aware of me.  Sure, the A2A plane is very fun to fly, and the RXP GTN 750 is a nice bit of kit, and the real real-world weather via ASP3D adds a ton of realism, but nothing tips the scales for me as much as VoxATC.  Once I can do that in MSFS, then I'll revisit it.

PS - yes, Simbol, my AI does need some reborn!

Edited by Gridley
Simbol
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

@psolk, thanks Paul. Reading through the posts it appears to be a bit hit ‘n miss.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather