Sign in to follow this  
bbking

FlyTampa Las Vegas released!

I flew the Mooney and the Cap 10C for about 30 minutes over KLAS and the strip. It quickly rose to approx 13GB of VRAM usage, but then suddenly it started to drop. The last 10 minutes I was only using around 7GB of VRAM. I do not know if I did anything to cause this or if it is a feature of the sim that it offloads if to the cache after a while. 

I was switching between the two airplanes every 5 minutes, so I do not think it is related to any particular model.

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Installed the hotfix for KLAS and city, and it solved all my problems. I tested flying the Longitude, 152, and 172 and performance is very good. I keep fps locked at 30 in NV control panel and almost never dropped below 30, except for an occassional drop when flying the Longitude. I surely hope those that are experiencing performance issues are able to get it working, because with the performance I'm getting now, it's REALLY impressive.

I run a mix of high and medium settings and even with my mediocre system KLAS and city really works well now. Reminds me of how dumbfounded I was after installing FSDT KORD and seeing how a huge, stunningly complex airport could perform really well.

• Like 2

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

3 hours ago, somiller said:

Installed the hotfix for KLAS and city, and it solved all my problems. I tested flying the Longitude, 152, and 172 and performance is very good. I keep fps locked at 30 in NV control panel and almost never dropped below 30, except for an occassional drop when flying the Longitude. I surely hope those that are experiencing performance issues are able to get it working, because with the performance I'm getting now, it's REALLY impressive.

I run a mix of high and medium settings and even with my mediocre system KLAS and city really works well now. Reminds me of how dumbfounded I was after installing FSDT KORD and seeing how a huge, stunningly complex airport could perform really well.

Hi Somiller.  Telling us your screen resolution would make this information more useful.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

A hotfix has been released for airport and city. Looking for your feedback. Thank you.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

22 minutes ago, DJJose said:

A hotfix has been released for airport and city. Looking for your feedback. Thank you.

I guess you're refering to this thread: https://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=14319

QOEx5zL.png

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Is this a new Hot Fix or still the original released at the weekend?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Just how big do Fly Tampa think the market of MSFS users with more than 8 GB of VRAM is? Are they really intentionally limiting themselves to that segment?

Good luck with that.

James

38 minutes ago, Car147 said:

Is this a new Hot Fix or still the original released at the weekend?

It's a new one with more fixes (see previous pic and links). I agree it's confusing to call it hotfix again and update the initial thread, without version or clear date. This one replace two files :

• Community\flytampa-lasvegas-airport\scenery\world\scenery\objects.bgl (same size and date as the first hotfix intended to remove some early CTD)
  • Community\flytampa-lasvegas-city\scenery\global\scenery\flytampa_klas_modelLib_YD.BGL
Edited by vbazillio
  • Like 1

Vincent B.

46 minutes ago, vbazillio said:

I guess you're refering to this thread: https://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=14319

QOEx5zL.png

Correct and thank you for providing the link. Most customers probably know that they should check the FT forum if they want to stay updated. For those who do not, that's why we are here.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, honanhal said:

Just how big do Fly Tampa think the market of MSFS users with more than 8 GB of VRAM is? Are they really intentionally limiting themselves to that segment?

Good luck with that.

If you are not a member of that segment, you soon will be.

I have the P3D version and with most options ticked in the config, the best I could get was 15fps. Even in P3D v5, where with DX12 performance was improved, I still saw low fps and poor performance.

In MSFS 2020 I'm getting 30 or more in almost every location I fly. The sim looks 100 times better & runs smoother with my aging i7 2600K. I do have a 32 gigs of system RAM as well as a Titan (Pascal) and that's probably the #1 reason why KLAS & the sim runs so well.

The sim is still a WIP. DX12 is coming and that will force everyone to upgrade their video cards or lower their setting.

So prepare yourself.

First 30 min of flight* with the new hotfix (let's call it number #2) is (positively) surprising. I get back my 25 - 30 fps with my regular settings. Obviously it needs further tests and other feedbacks but it's more than promising.

* C172 (analog) taxiing from Atlantic FBO, take off 19R, touch&go 26R, left pattern 1L full stop.

Edited by vbazillio
  • Like 3

Vincent B.

53 minutes ago, DJJose said:

If you are not a member of that segment, you soon will be.

I get that both P3D and MSFS benefit from that much VRAM in the sense that they will use it if addon scenery fills it up. You don't need to convince me of that.

What I also know is that cards with more than 8 GB of VRAM are eye-wateringly expensive, and that the price doesn't increase linearly with performance. In other words, you're getting a bad deal for marginal performance and are essentially paying a king's ransom simply for the VRAM. I've been simming for 25 years, and the most I've ever spent on a graphics card is $440 (for the GTX 1070 I still have). I'm simply not going to spend four or five times that on a single computer component, especially if I don't get four or five times the performance for that premium.

But all of that is totally beside my original point. Do you really think that the majority of Fly Tampa's market is going to jump on that crazy-expensive bandwagon? What percentage of gamers do you think are prepared to drop more than $1000 on a video card? What percentage of simmers? What percentage of Fly Tampa's customer base?

Because if the answer to that last question is less than, oh, 90%, this doesn't make any business sense.

(Obviously, all of this is contingent on the prices for 8GB+ cards staying sky high. If they come down by more than 50% it may be a different story.)

James

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, honanhal said:

I get that both P3D and MSFS benefit from that much VRAM in the sense that they will use it if addon scenery fills it up. You don't need to convince me of that.

What I also know is that cards with more than 8 GB of VRAM are eye-wateringly expensive, and that the price doesn't increase linearly with performance. In other words, you're getting a bad deal for marginal performance and are essentially paying a king's ransom simply for the VRAM. I've been simming for 25 years, and the most I've ever spent on a graphics card is $440 (for the GTX 1070 I still have). I'm simply not going to spend four or five times that on a single computer component, especially if I don't get four or five times the performance for that premium.

But all of that is totally beside my original point. Do you really think that the majority of Fly Tampa's market is going to jump on that crazy-expensive bandwagon? What percentage of gamers do you think are prepared to drop more than $1000 on a video card? What percentage of simmers? What percentage of Fly Tampa's customer base?

Because if the answer to that last question is less than, oh, 90%, this doesn't make any business sense.

(Obviously, all of this is contingent on the prices for 8GB+ cards staying sky high. If they come down by more than 50% it may be a different story.)

James

The 1070 is still a nice card. For about the price you paid for the 1070, I bought a used (like new) Titan Pascal from an Ebay member and then sold my 1070.

In the future we might see even more affordable options. But you know that. 😀

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

I had horrible fps with this scenery. (see my earlier posts)

I finally got it working "correctly" by:

• Using Photogrammetry mode
  • Installing CTD-fix update
  • Re-enabling my scenery cache
  • Removing the enhanced lighting update

Final FPS test 2K at default HIGH setting

This worked for me...thank you!

I was not getting CTDs....just low FPS when both city and airport installed.

Smooth and silky now thanks for the legwork to find this combo that worked (for you and me...can't speak for others.

For reference:

CPU: 10700k not OCd, HT on

GPU 2070 super, 8gb not OCd (think this will wind up being the biggest factor...the 3080ti can't get here fast enough!)

RAM: 32gb fast ram (don't recall the speed)

Monitor: LG 55 inch 4k...(old as in when 4k 1st came out).  running at 4k 60hz.

Screen size: I run the windowed screensize at about 70% of the full screen, so not total 4k pixels are being drawn, but turns out to be about a 30in screen @ 4k. At full screen, the frames are in the 20s here...35-45 everywhere else, and I usually dont go full screen unless I'm in cruise admiring the scenery)

Settings:

cQxi80.jpg

This scenery is next level and simply stunning.  If you've been there in real life enough times you can vividly recall things, the details are spot on!

15 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

I seriously doubt the scenery was developed to be used/viewed by flying over it at 50ft and 70+ Kts!

I humbly disagree and feel this scenery was specifically designed to do just that.  In fact I was at 30 feet, skimming over the palm trees in the center of the strip, and when I got here, remembering when we checked into the Flamingo for the FS Expo a few years back....I recalled how nostalgic it was...being one of the few hotels still using neon (or simulated neon as it probably was).....and seeing it was fully animated in the FT scenery...simply gobsmacked. 🙂

Oh, and with the Savage Carbon Cub, I was doing about 40kts. 🙂 

5v9iPV.jpg

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 4

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

6 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Hi Somiller.  Telling us your screen resolution would make this information more useful.

2560x1440

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB