Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

Working Title CJ4 v0.8.0 - OPEN BETA - RNAV/LPV, VNAV, FADEC

Just to eliminate scenery conflict I flew exactly same route in FBW 320 and there were no CTD

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Guys, you gave smiles to a lot of people, including myself. That's not easy!

Thank you!

• Like 1

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

Just to eliminate scenery conflict I flew exactly same route in FBW 320 and there were no CTD

What's the exact route, I want to fly it. Are you using Navigraph or no Navigraph?

• Like 2

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

2 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

I got CTD departing KBUR while climbing to 25000 ft eastbound using VNAV and VS climb

That's what you get for flying out of *Burbank* and using VS instead of FLC! 🙂

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

15 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

What's the exact route, I want to fly it. Are you using Navigraph or no Navigraph?

No default NavBlue

Can tell exactly what route was but it was auto generated by MSFS planner - KBUR-KTPA high altitudes

Edited by sd_flyer

15 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

No default NavBlue

Can tell exactly what route was but it was auto generated by MSFS planner - KBUR-KTPA high altitudes

That's a hell of a flight for a CJ4, lol 😉

Was it Orbx KBUR?

Just now, cwburnett said:

That's a hell of a flight for a CJ4, lol 😉

Was it Orbx KBUR?

LO Gotta test endurance! Yes ORBX KBUR with latest update 

Thankyou for this amazing update and all your hard work and time. I have a question about flight planning. I created a plan using Simbrief and loaded it into the CJ4 using the FMC. I noticed most of the waypoints shown on the legs page have no altitude entries. Also there is no entry for the max altitude of FL390. Are we required to enter the altitudes manually as shown in the Simbrief generated plan?

Thanks again, John

Outstanding! 👏

Asobo should hang their heads in shame, the default avionics are a disgrace! 🤦‍♂️

Now Asobo unlock the aircraft in the Deluxe/Premium-Deluxe versions so that third parties (like Working Title) can fix them too. 🤔

• Like 1

Matthew S

21 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

LO Gotta test endurance! Yes ORBX KBUR with latest update 

So, unfortunately, as expected (isn't it always the case with tech support?) I just climbed to FL450 out of KBUR to KTPA in VVS and never got a CTD. Next time you do it maybe you can record a video or confirm the exact route so that I can test something more exact to what you did?

I suspect tracking this down is going to be a bit of a nightmare...

16 minutes ago, johnh1984 said:

Thankyou for this amazing update and all your hard work and time. I have a question about flight planning. I created a plan using Simbrief and loaded it into the CJ4 using the FMC. I noticed most of the waypoints shown on the legs page have no altitude entries. Also there is no entry for the max altitude of FL390. Are we required to enter the altitudes manually as shown in the Simbrief generated plan?

Thanks again, John

The FMC only loads altitudes that are coded in procedures, this is how the real aircraft works as well. Typically, these are all that would be entered, however you can manually add VNAV target altitudes for any waypoint on the LEGS page by putting the desired altitude in feet into the scratchpad and then clicking the right line select key next to the leg you want to assign the altitude to. This really isn't required, since VNAV only creates a descent path in the PL21 and it will build the most efficient descent profile based on the procedure constraints. Adding altitudes just unnecessarily  complicates that process. So, you don't need to add the other altitudes at all, but you can if you want, but then VNAV will treat those all as hard constraints, which may not be desirable. Hope that helps. Feel free to drop into the CJ4 chat in our discord also.

Thank for your reply and explanation. I watched the VNAV video on your site and read the VNAV operations overview. I am starting to understand the procedures. Thanks again for a quite amazing modification to the default CJ4.

John

Thanks for all the work you put into this, much appreciated!

I did notice that a flight plan created in Little Navmap and imported/loaded into the sim (.pln file) only shows the departure/destination in the Legs screen on the FMC, no waypoints.   

However flight plans created in MSFS2020 will show complete routing in the FMC. 

I read about the setting in the FMS to Sync with ATC, but even when selected, it always remains OFF (green).