Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

Working Title CJ4 v0.8.0 - OPEN BETA - RNAV/LPV, VNAV, FADEC

I just completed my first flight in the Working Title CJ4 where - literally - nothing went wrong.

EDAH (Heringsdorf, Germany) to ESGG (Landvetter, Sweden).

1. Built a flight plan in Navigraph, including SID and STAR
2.Exported the flight plan as an MSFS flight plan.
3. Loaded the flight plan via the main menu in MSFS
4. Loaded the flight plan into the CJ4's FMC via the Route Menu. I did have to clear a discontinuity.
5. Flew an RNAV approach into RW 3 at Landvetter. Plane behaved correctly during all phases of flight. RNAV approaches really dramatically reduce your workload. ATC stepped me down to the correct altitudes. 

The only thing I couldn't figure out: what is the default key assignment to engage the speed brakes?

I noticed two things, though: 1. Very high AoA during landing, even though I was at the correct vapp and vref speeds. 2. Just after the "Altitude" call out, i.e., 1000 feet before the altitude you dialed in, the plane bounces up and down before resuming its climb. 

All in all, Working Title did a fantastic job with this plane. Three thumbs up from me!

FDc5USX.png

z0P5E9l.jpg

Edited by Ricardo41

10 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I selected the MSFS flight plan which does show up correctly on the VFR map.

When loaded into the FMC, only the airports remain, and all the intermediate waypoints are dropped.

Burt 

I love ya man, and Merry Xmas. 

But like 4 people have said using the MSFS flight plan is a bummer idea. 

Maybe chill with that for a second?    Enetering your own flight plan is fun, and causes no problems.  

25 minutes ago, JughedJones said:

Maybe chill with that for a second?    Enetering your own flight plan is fun, and causes no problems.  

What is your reasoning?

See my above post. No problems loading a Navigraph-generated flightplan into the FMC, using the default flight planner. 

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

What is your reasoning?

See my above post. No problems loading a Navigraph-generated flightplan into the FMC, using the default flight planner. 

I never said a thing about loading a navigraph plan, friend.   Nor did Bert.  

Bert specifically, as I read it, asked about loading in MSFS menu flight plans.  In my experience, milage may vary, its a CTD every time if you load a Departure -> Arrival airport, choose IFR in the menu, then load the Working Title CJ4.  

My experience, and many others, finds if you do that, as soon as you rotate and get to start your initial climb, you CTD. 

As long as you only choose a departure airport, and dial in your own flight plan into the FMC.   Ive been golden.  

Sall im saying.    An absolute treasure of a mod. 

Edit:   Every time I've loaded in simbrief or any other flightplans in the MSFS main menu, it CTDs too.    

I've never tried only choosing the departure airport in the main menu, then loading in a flightplan from somewhere else into the FMC once I'm on the tarmac. 

Edited by JughedJones
  • Like 1

First CTD. Mod version 0.8.3.

Flight Plan loaded from SimBrief via FMS:

ESMS SALLO M736 GALMA Z94 VAGAB Y231 AMOSA N869 ODEGU UN869 TEDGO T724 RILAX LSZH

Flight Level 410

CTD happened just before I reached TOD. I used default livery because addon livery caused CTD after I pushed Fly Now.  ESMS is from Orbx and LSZH from FSDream Team.

Rolf Niemi

5 hours ago, JughedJones said:

Burt 

I love ya man, and Merry Xmas. 

I actually use LittleNavMap to generate flight plans... nice tool!

Bert

I still can't believe how accurately the plane flew the RNAV approach. The only thing I had to mind were the throttles and the speeds. 

On 12/26/2020 at 2:12 PM, romoni said:

First CTD. Mod version 0.8.3.

Flight Plan loaded from SimBrief via FMS:

ESMS SALLO M736 GALMA Z94 VAGAB Y231 AMOSA N869 ODEGU UN869 TEDGO T724 RILAX LSZH

Flight Level 410

CTD happened just before I reached TOD. I used default livery because addon livery caused CTD after I pushed Fly Now.  ESMS is from Orbx and LSZH from FSDream Team.

Maybe GUBIN after DKD caused the CTD.

But a new oroblem: Has anybody idea that about how I can delete on FMC -> Route Menu -> Wrong Pilot ID (SimBriefF)? Some reason it's gone totally wrong and I can't change it.

Rolf Niemi

The FD doesn't show the guidance to turn to heading, with AP off. It stays straight and level. It works fine with AP on. Is this a bug or a limitation as of now ?

41 minutes ago, Sky Trail said:

The FD doesn't show the guidance to turn to heading, with AP off. It stays straight and level. It works fine with AP on. Is this a bug or a limitation as of now ?

This is a bug with the main sim code. The stock AP does not deliver FD bank info when the AP is turned off.

Until we have a fully custom AP, we won't be able to address that issue.

-Matt

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I have been unable to turn off the FD in the last couple versions. Is this a bug? I am pretty sure I was able to do it before as I always turn it off once AP is off for a visual approach. I have also noticed it is defaulted to 'on' when starting up. Doesn't disengage at all even after landing. Otherwise, great job on this...it's the only thing I fly right now!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

1 minute ago, Flic1 said:

I have been unable to turn off the FD in the last couple versions. Is this a bug? I am pretty sure I was able to do it before as I always turn it off once AP is off for a visual approach. I have also noticed it is defaulted to 'on' when starting up. Doesn't disengage at all even after landing. Otherwise, great job on this...it's the only thing I fly right now!

This is on the list to fix, but in the meantime, it's approach mode that's keeping it on. If you make sure to disable approach and confirm the AP is off and you're in ROLL/PITCH modes only, then hit FD (twice) and it will go off. Not pretty but it works.

• Upvote 2

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

On 12/25/2020 at 9:29 PM, Bert Pieke said:

Sorry for the delay, Bert. I loaded it up, but it doesn't look like it has any "real" waypoints other than the airports. It appears as though the LNM custom waypoints don't load properly into the FMC. I also tried eliminating all but one airport pair and leaving some of the custom waypoints in, but that also failed. I think it actually used to work until we built our own flight plan manager to provide more true-to-life IFR capabilities. We'll look into restoring support for these custom LNM waypoints. In the meantime, you can definitely plan a flight in LNM using official ICAO waypoints from the nav database and load that into world map and then into the FMC.

• Like 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT