Sign in to follow this  
Pastaiolo

Some of the features of the 22th December Update

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/12/17/microsoft-flight-simulator-is-fastest-growing-entry-in-the-series-with-over-2-million-players-to-date/

Everyone will receive a unique Microsoft Flight Simulator-themed livery for the entire launch plane fleet and simmers will be able to fly with the same cute dog-themed liveries that Rufus and Sam flew in their Pitts Special.

Finally, given the time of year, the update will add real-time snow and true-to-life ice coverage to the entire planet.

So, good news 🙂

Edited by Pastaiolo
  • Like 11

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Looks lice cherry on top of ice cake 🙂

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Oh yeahhh..Ice... ice...:)

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Where did the quote come from? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

despite all the negativity you got to take your hats off to MS/Asobo.  I don't care what anyone says this is the flight sim of the future!

• Like 22
  • Upvote 4

Thomas Derbyshire

Well that would be super awesome...just as I’m looking out my window at our first major snowfall of the year 🙂

Edited by regis9
  • Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Exciting news - nice one team👌

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

Spoiler

Everyone will receive a unique Microsoft Flight Simulator-themed livery for the entire launch plane fleet and simmers will be able to fly with the same cute dog-themed liveries that Rufus and Sam flew in their Pitts Special.

Finally, given the time of year, the update will add real-time snow and true-to-life ice coverage to the entire planet.

So just to be sure, the live weather of MSFS is a predicted weather model, but this time, snow will be all real-time? Strange.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, BigDee said:
  Hide contents

Finally, given the time of year, the update will add real-time snow and true-to-life ice coverage to the entire planet.

So just to be sure, the live weather of MSFS is a predicted weather model, but this time, snow will be all real-time? Strange.

My understanding is that it’s talking about the snow on the ground at any moment in time. The live weather, as in the actual snowfall, would still be predictive I’m assuming?

Edited by Tennis93

"Everyone will receive a unique Microsoft Flight Simulator-themed livery for the entire launch plane fleet"

And your computer Windows log in password will be lengthened by twelve letters: praise_asobo_old_password.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

22 minutes ago, BigDee said:
  Hide contents

Never mind...

Edited by ahsmatt7

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

The service they use for their live weather, Meteoblue, tracks snow depth and Sea ice, so I imagine that's where the data will come from..

EA4Usc2.png

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I hope the snow feature works in the new 22nd December update, because I'm currently flying from Toronto to JFK and I can't see any snow yet, it's not very immersive knowing that in real life snow is on the ground.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.