Sign in to follow this  
espent

Big Holiday sale in Marketplace

8 hours ago, Manny said:

I bought like 8-9 airports all around $10 but there is something strange. I saw LFTZ Aéroport de Saint-Tropez on sale..but I remembers I just bought it 5 minutes ago... But it shows as its on for sale and its not in my list of Purchased at the botton. And I then go to LFTZ and it looks good. the airport add on there. I restart the sim and its the same deal.

MSFS receipts do not have airport name.. I have like 8-9 receipts in my e-mail inbox. not sure which one belongs to Aéroport de Saint-Tropez

Easy to explain, there's two LFTZ airports on the marketplace, both with the same price now

Screenshot-2020-12-22-101348.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, peroni said:

Easy to explain, there's two LFTZ airports on the marketplace, both with the same price now

Screenshot-2020-12-22-101348.jpg

Expect to get a lot of that eventually ... I wonder what happens if you accidently buy both and install both ?

Meanwhile - I just downloaded Frasca Field C16 because with a 45% discount on its already cheap pricing it is almost free 😄  Nice little GA airfield for running a few circuits.  In some ways basic but a nice pickup at that pocket money pricing. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Manny said:

There are some that has good discount and awesome airports. But first check if the same sale is available on other 3rd party sellers or directly from the developers. 

Then if the marketplace is the only place these discount %ages are available then consider these items if you do not currently own:

Be kind to the fsim developers.. They may make $3-$4 from each of the sale?

1) KBDL Bradley Intel 37% $9.49

2) KSAN San Diego 35% 10.49

3) LFSB Basel 33% $9.99

4) LEBL Barcelona 32% $11.49

5) TNCM/TFFG Princess Juliana 32% $12.99

6) LOWI Innsbruck 30% $13.99

7) CYLW Kelowa 29% $11.99

😎 EDDK Cologne/Bonn 25% $13.49 Gorgeous Airport. Well done by the developer.

9) CYVR FSDT' Vancouver 20% for a measly $7.99 No Brainer purchase.

There are others which are good too,,,But since I don't own them like many Latin American airports, you may want to check those as well.

Manny,

Are all these sales on Marketplace? If not where is it available the following:

- KSAN San Diego 35% 10.49

- LEBL Barcelona 32% $11.49

- EDDK Cologne/Bonn 25% $13.49

Many thanks and have a happy Christmas!

Edmundo Azevedo

I am assuming purchases that I make on the marketplace while on the game pass would stay in my account, should I later decide to purchase a full version key of MSFS?

Regards, Perry

2 minutes ago, longrangecruise said:

I am assuming purchases that I make on the marketplace while on the game pass would stay in my account, should I later decide to purchase a full version key of MSFS?

I believe they do PROVIDING you purchase the full version with the same MS account login details you used for gamepass. But I have not tested this so buyer beware, I could be wrong.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, longrangecruise said:

Yes, but you must be sure you'll purchase MSFS using the same MS account you used to purchased the add-ons.

• Like 2

Some great deals. Certainly a good way to get more MSFS users to buy add-ons. I'm tempted to buy something but will hold short til after today's update.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, ega said:

Manny,

Are all these sales on Marketplace? If not where is it available the following:

- KSAN San Diego 35% 10.49

- LEBL Barcelona 32% $11.49

- EDDK Cologne/Bonn 25% $13.49

Many thanks and have a happy Christmas!

Yes. They are available in the marketplace.

9 minutes ago, virtuali said:

Yes, but you must be sure you'll purchase MSFS using the same MS account you used to purchased the add-ons.

Umberto,

Hawaii PLEASE!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Expect to get a lot of that eventually ... I wonder what happens if you accidently buy both and install both ?

I am not trying that out! With the numer of airports we already have I think it is quite possible for that to happen accidentally. Add the freeware airports as well and the chance gets even bigger.

With the number of airports already available, it might be a nice option if the marketplace could show you a world map with all the available airports, with a special marker for the ones you've already installed (purchased and freeware) To purchase, or get info, just click on the airport.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

34 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

it might be a nice option if the marketplace could show you a world map with all the available airports, with a special marker for the ones you've already installed (purchased and freeware)

There's already one, it's the small icon that looks like a plug, which I guess stands for "plug-in". It tells if you an airport is not default, regardless if it's coming from the Community folder or the MS Marketplace.

4 hours ago, MatthewS said:

Encrypted? 👎

seems to be the case with all at the marketplace, often causes issues at my end, right now with LOWW, it downloaded but does not fully install / extract, right now 5th try, downloading 0kb remaining and nothing (visible) happens, cancel is not accepted. funny as usual....

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

55 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

With the number of airports already available, it might be a nice option if the marketplace could show you a world map with all the available airports, with a special marker for the ones you've already installed (purchased and freeware) To purchase, or get info, just click on the airport.

Because I use an external tool to handle the amount of airports I load into the game each time, the only way I found to avoid duplicates is to use LittleNavMap option to show add-ons with a different icon.
I also keep addons separated in folders, i.e airport, landmarks, utilities, planes, etc.
Even only considering freeware sometimes there are two or even three different sceneries for the same airport. Given that most creators do not correctly compile the manifest.xml also adds to the confusion.

I wish Addon Linker could be updated to detect these conflicts by comparing the coordinates of each package (hint hint @Bad_T)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, virtuali said:

There's already one, it's the small icon that looks like a plug, which I guess stands for "plug-in". It tells if you an airport is not default, regardless if it's coming from the Community folder or the MS Marketplace.

I know, but thats only in the world map, is it? And it's only showing these icons for airports that are installed, not for airports that are available in the marketplace.
My point is, with so many addons in the marketplace it is difficult to get an logical overview of all airports that are available for purchase. What doesn't help is that some titles start with their ICAO code, but not all. e.g. ST. Tropez is available twice but they are not even listed next to each other.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5