Sign in to follow this  
espent

Big Holiday sale in Marketplace

UK2000 also have a sale on and I'm hoping to pick up an airport or two from them before it ends.  Not sure when it does end BTW.

Edited by cianpars

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Once a week, I have been buying the odd super reasonable priced marketplace item (most recently the sub $10 Cholet LFOU airfield) because firstly they are a good price and secondly they give me a warm fuzzy feeling for supporting the guys doing reasonable prices.

Most of my bigger purchases have been direct.

Mooney 

Seminole 

...bought the Skylane a week ago, darn!

• Like 1

There are some that has good discount and awesome airports. But first check if the same sale is available on other 3rd party sellers or directly from the developers. 

Then if the marketplace is the only place these discount %ages are available then consider these items if you do not currently own:

Be kind to the fsim developers.. They may make $3-$4 from each of the sale?

1) KBDL Bradley Intel 37% $9.49

2) KSAN San Diego 35% 10.49

3) LFSB Basel 33% $9.99

4) LEBL Barcelona 32% $11.49

5) TNCM/TFFG Princess Juliana 32% $12.99

6) LOWI Innsbruck 30% $13.99

7) CYLW Kelowa 29% $11.99

😎 EDDK Cologne/Bonn 25% $13.49 Gorgeous Airport. Well done by the developer.

9) CYVR FSDT' Vancouver 20% for a measly $7.99 No Brainer purchase.

There are others which are good too,,,But since I don't own them like many Latin American airports, you may want to check those as well.

Edited by Manny
  • Like 3

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

51 minutes ago, Chock said:

Yup. I can understand why they want to protect stuff of course, but unfortunately the somewhat draconian protection measures have really shot a few things up the @rse for me, most notably that all three Carenado aeroplanes I bought from there are locked out from being imported for use in Air Hauler 2 because the air file is hidden. 

I've got news for Microsoft though, in doing that, they've shot themselves up the @rse too, because I will be limiting anything I buy for MSFS to external stores rather than their marketplace when I have that option.

Like I say, I understand the reasons why they chose to protect commercial stuff, but they could have gone about it in a better way. And frankly, I'm sick of over-zealous and thoughtless anti-piracy measures affecting legitimate buyers in this way and in all honesty, rarely doing much to combat piracy, but doing everything to make life harder for legitimate buyers.

Well put Chock I first realised this encryption when the FSDT airport I bought from the store lets just say "wasn't behaving" like airports I'd bought direct.....

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

3 minutes ago, badger2000 said:

OMG.  This is going to cost me a fortune!  I've already blown the budget on the Orbx sale. 

No encryption if you use ORBX Central rather than marketplace, get updates much quicker as well using Central.

• Like 3

Thomas Derbyshire

2 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

No encryption if you use ORBX Central rather than marketplace, get updates much quicker as well using Central.

Yep.  Always get my Orbx stuff direct.  Orbx Central is superb for updates too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chock said:

most notably that all three Carenado aeroplanes I bought from there are locked out from being imported for use in Air Hauler 2 because the air file is hidden. 

I think you should be able to work around this by creating a .cfg with only the lines it needs.  The 'name' of the aircraft that needs to go in the cfg can be seen in LittleNavMap even for the encrypted aircraft.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Just now, marsman2020 said:

I think you should be able to work around this by creating a .cfg with only the lines it needs.  The 'name' of the aircraft that needs to go in the cfg can be seen in LittleNavMap even for the encrypted aircraft.

Possibly, but the point is that having to do this kind of thing when you are a legitimate customer, whilst software pirates probably don't and are the ones they should really be trying to make life hard for, is why this sort of thoughtless and largely ineffective 'protection' does little other than to make life a PITA for people who have done nothing to deserve it.

It's a bit like if a driver chained me up in the back of his cab because he once had someone do a runner on him. I'd have sympathy that it occurred to him, but that doesn't mean I deserve to be treated in that way. 🤣

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Hopefully Asobo can come up with some means for 3rd party software to access the basic data of marketplace aircraft and airports. Or just make the data files unencrypted, and keeping the 3d model data encrypted. Either way, it's probably a lot less complicated than making trains or helicopters work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manny said:

There are some that has good discount and awesome airports. But first check if the same sale is available on other 3rd party sellers or directly from the developers. 

Then if the marketplace is the only place these discount %ages are available then consider these items if you do not currently own:

3) LFSB Basel 33% $9.99

There are others which are good too,,,But since I don't own them like many Latin American airports, you may want to check those as well.

Add   KEYW Key West   by FS Dream Time to the list of good ones (though I purchased my copy direct from FSDT).  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JacquesBrel said:

Hopefully Asobo can come up with some means for 3rd party software to access the basic data of marketplace aircraft and airports. Or just make the data files unencrypted, and keeping the 3d model data encrypted. Either way, it's probably a lot less complicated than making trains or helicopters work.

The Air Hauler 2 devs could work with Asobo to include the correct info, or they could include a dialog to allow all the details to be entered manually.

I'd much rather have encrypted content on the Marketplace then devs putting malware into installers like the incident with FSLabs.

• Like 2

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

2 hours ago, Manny said:

3) LFSB Basel 33% $9.99

Since I don't own MSFS 2020 yet (lack of RTX video card), wondering about pricing of Zurich V2, Chicago O'Hare and what about Flightbeam?

Thanks, Darryl

Edited by SP2472

I bought like 8-9 airports all around $10 but there is something strange. I saw LFTZ Aéroport de Saint-Tropez on sale..but I remembers I just bought it 5 minutes ago... But it shows as its on for sale and its not in my list of Purchased at the botton. And I then go to LFTZ and it looks good. the airport add on there. I restart the sim and its the same deal.

MSFS receipts do not have airport name.. I have like 8-9 receipts in my e-mail inbox. not sure which one belongs to Aéroport de Saint-Tropez

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter