Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Just Flight Piper Arrow III Preview

54 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

Man oh man, did anyone notice how over simulated the air currents were, they should tone that down (in the vid above)........... ha! I've noticed quite a few complaints about wind chop. Drives me nuts when those who haven't piloted or even rode passenger in a light plane complain about how it behaves in MSFS 2020. I can remember the first time I got to left-seat a piper warrior, I was surprised at the feel, it was like running across Lake Tenkiller in my dad's bassboat. After watching video, I've got to go take the JF piper up.

One time I flew across the everglades in a C 152 with my wife, and when we landed, we both had black and blue marks on our hips where the seatbelts crossed. That was one "bumpy" flight. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, jimcarrel said:

Man oh man, did anyone notice how over simulated the air currents were, they should tone that down (in the vid above)........... ha! I've noticed quite a few complaints about wind chop. Drives me nuts when those who haven't piloted or even rode passenger in a light plane complain about how it behaves in MSFS 2020. I can remember the first time I got to left-seat a piper warrior, I was surprised at the feel, it was like running across Lake Tenkiller in my dad's bassboat. After watching video, I've got to go take the JF piper up.

No Jim, it wasn't the usual air currents / wind chop.  All aircraft do that fine in MSFS, even the default Cessna's etc.  The JF Arrow was kind of fidgeting about on top of the normal movements - lots of small sharp movements.  I thought it might be simulating engine vibration actually.

I believe this was toned-down in patch 2.  I haven't tried it with that patch yet as I am waiting for patch 3 to come out (due soon).  At least this developer has a good history of updating their products. 

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Has anyone noticed that when you taxi the  JF Arrow 3 , the aileron control has an effect on  the steering on the ground,? I have checked all my controller settings and see nothing unusual. I can actually keep  keep it aligned on the runway using the joystick aileron control. 

OK I figured out what is going on . I selected takeoff rudder assist a week or two ago. I thought this was just going to reduce rudder effectiveness on takeoff rolls to keep takeoff swerves to  a minimum. What it actually does is it couples aileron input to the rudder. so you can literally roll down the runway, and keep the aircraft aligned with the centerline using the aileron joystick alone. .So if you are trying to control for crosswinds on takeoff by applying aileron into the wind, you are actually giving the aircraft a rudder input too. Not good.  I disabled that rudder assist. Not very realistic. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

12 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

No Jim, it wasn't the usual air currents / wind chop.  All aircraft do that fine in MSFS, even the default Cessna's etc.  The JF Arrow was kind of fidgeting about on top of the normal movements - lots of small sharp movements.  I thought it might be simulating engine vibration actually.

I believe this was toned-down in patch 2.  I haven't tried it with that patch yet as I am waiting for patch 3 to come out (due soon).  At least this developer has a good history of updating their products. 

It still has unrealistic movement’s in patch 2

• Like 4

Matt Wilson

A bit late to the party, as ever.  So this evening I finally shelled out and bought the Piper. Wow! Absolutely beautiful. I haven’t noticed any negative impact on frame rates. If anything, the sim seems smoother.  The cockpit is fantastic. I’m hoping I’ve just bought the latest, patched version. I think I have as the compass is working as it should.

I took her up for a quick circuit, but really should have read the manual. I lowered the gear, or thought I’d lowered the gear, at about 80 knots. An alarm, signalling an unsafe lowering started sounding. I figured that it was just some kind of gentle warning alarm, just in case I’d inadvertently flipped the switch unintentionally. I really should have checked the exterior, as the gear hadn’t lowered at all. So a nice belly landing was my reward 😂.

Just to say a big thank you to JF for releasing this plane. It is truly a labour of love. Good to see they are also actively squashing the bugs too. Off now to read the manual 😉

Edited by Bilbosmeggins
Typo

5950X, RTX3090, 32GB@3600, Samsung Evo NVME 1TB, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswinds, Reverb G2.

3 minutes ago, Bilbosmeggins said:

A bit late to the party, as ever.  So this evening I finally shelled out and bought the Piper. Wow! Absolutely beautiful. I haven’t noticed any negative impact on frame rates. If anything, the sim seems smoother.  The cockpit is fantastic. I’m hoping I’ve just bought the latest, patched version. I think I have as the compass is working as it should.

I took her up for a quick circuit, but really should have read the manual. I lowered the gear, or thought I’d lowered the gear, at about 80 knots. An alarm, signalling an unsafe lowering started sounding. I figured that it was just some kind of gentle warning alarm, just in case I’d inadvertently flipped the switch unintentionally. I really should have checked the exterior, as the gear hadn’t lowered at all. So a nice belly landing was my reward 😂.

Just to say a big thank you to JF for releasing this plane. It is truly a labour of love. Good to see they are also actively squashing the bugs too. Off now to read the manual 😉

You can see how its FPS compair here.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

4 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

You can see how its FPS compair here.

Thanks for the link, that’s an excellent job you’ve done.  It’s right up there then. That’s good to know. Well done JF.

• Like 1

5950X, RTX3090, 32GB@3600, Samsung Evo NVME 1TB, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswinds, Reverb G2.

On 3/17/2021 at 11:17 PM, AviatorMan said:

Okay thanks. If you and others are interested I have found a POH at this website

https://args.com.br/arquivos/biblioteca/1/web/p28r-arrow-manual.pdf

Also found one from 1976 here:

http://www.istriacorp.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/WOI-POH.pdf

Note to mods - as far as I can tell this is not copyright but please delete the link if there is an issue.

• Like 1