Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

Take the test boys and girls!

I was just disappointed not to see a question asking whether, or not, size mattered.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I tried it and it got me pretty accurately.

DB456E8A-A9E4-4337-B899-880E99010307.jpeg

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

4 hours ago, Chock said:

Nah, I could see where it was heading right from the off with all the loaded questions, so I knew it would be a load of tosh. Still it gave me a bit of a laugh to see how wildly off the mark it was.

I think most people are more conservative or normal than they will ever publicly admit, especially since Hollywood, MSM and the tech industry portray left-ism as being in vogue.

Even the most liberal people I know personally at the end of the day are more conservative than they’ll care to admit. They want to keep what they make, want to be able to protect themselves, like law and order and social civility.

I didn’t find the test to be loaded as the questions posed gave the option to express interest in either left or right directions or neutral down the middle.

• Upvote 2

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

3 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

I didn’t find the test to be loaded as the questions posed gave the option to express interest in either left or right directions or neutral down the middle.

It's not that you can't express your approval - either positive or negative on such questions, or even sit on the fence - it is the narrow range of subject material which the questions cover in total and the simplistic, partisan and generally divisive nature of them; largely being an either black or white or very occasionally in the middle solution, which puts the slant on things. They are aimed at getting an extreme and simple conclusion because of that.

Effectively this makes it an extremely loaded set of questions. Life isn't that simple and certainly people's personalities and their opinions are not that simple. There are so many areas of life, politics, social issues and our take on these matters which you'd need to ask someone questions about in order to really get a properly nuanced idea on what someone's personality was truly like, and even then you'd probably need to also be good at a bit of psychology and sociology to form a reasonably informed conclusion from the data.

As an example, there was a question about whether we think criminals should be punished or rehabilitated, but what if someone thinks offenders should be punished, and then rehabilitated, where does their pointer go and indeed remain in a static position when on a sliding scale if this were perhaps their opinion? I'm not saying this is my opinion on this question, I'm just illustrating that almost all the questions were too simplistic in nature to get a good handle on where people are truly coming from, and their subject material in general was intentionally aimed at plonking responses in one of two extreme camps: Either hard-lined and uncaring, or politically correct and super-right-on. Most people's political views are just not that 'sound bite' simple, nor are they always all either on the left, or on the right.

Thus you can't make a realistic determination from such an approach, but you can achieve a heavily-skewed result from it. It would be a rare and not particularly enlightened person who picks a political party, left or right, then staunchly supposes literally every policy of their party of choice is good, and every policy of their opposition is bad.

Don't get me wrong, these sort of pop quizzes are sometimes fun, but much of the time they are fun because they are so wildly off the mark that it's hilarious. Frankly, they might as well have asked ten questions on which is your favourite historic armoured vehicle, then used your answers to determine how good you are at baking cakes for all the accuracy something such as this can determine. 🤣

Of course if none of this convinces you, the moment you see anything where you can score as 'woke', you pretty much know it's a bunch of PC cobblers.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Interesting.......

50760299078_02d726e56c_c.jpg

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

"I have powers that others would not be able to understand"

Yeah, keeping my Jedi abilities a secret is hard work!! :laugh:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Male 55.8%

Normal 81.2%  

Traditional 72.1%

Left Wing 63.5%

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I took the test and mostly agreed with my profile - but there a lot of of gender-bending questions - hidden agenda there on the person(s) who prepared it?

• Like 1

92.6% normal personality.  Can't wait to tell my 6 cats about this. 🤪

Edited by Mike A
add “personality”
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Chock said:

Nah, I could see where it was heading right from the off with all the loaded questions, so I knew it would be a load of tosh. Still it gave me a bit of a laugh to see how wildly off the mark it was.

Haha, yeah the "Do you believe there are more than two genders?" Kind of told me where this was heading.. 🤣

Waste of time; although I am happy to report that I am only trace amounts of woke.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

"Gender" is, or at least has become, something more complex than whether or not the person is a man or a woman. What has not changed is the distinction between open and closed minds. The survey is what it is but the reactions to it are far more revealing.

Edited by Reader

59 minutes ago, Reader said:

The survey is what it is but the reactions to it are far more revealing.

Yes. That some people are grounded in reality while others are in delusion. 

• Upvote 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

41 minutes ago, Reader said:

"Gender" is, or at least has become, something more complex than whether or not the person is a man or a woman. What has not changed is the distinction between open and closed minds. The survey is what it is but the reactions to it are far more revealing.

It is not having an open mind to overlook almost two centuries of biological sciences in the name of ideology or rather, these days, identity politics. The last time biology basics were doubted in the name of  a « progressive » ideology was in the 20s/30s of the last century with Trofim Denisovich Lysenko’s theories. Like lysenkism, the woke gender theory will go to the history bin of fake sciences, but again, not without having caused a lot of suffering.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

8 hours ago, Chock said:

As an example, there was a question about whether we think criminals should be punished or rehabilitated, but what if someone thinks offenders should be punished, and then rehabilitated,

Yes, it was my daughter asking me the questions. She was getting annoyed because my response was often "neither" or "it depends". There are often shades of grey and the available answers didn't reflect that.

As for Mr Chock, poor boy has gone through a harrowing experience, his true nature has been revealed to him. As Carl Jung said, in regard to the "shadow and persona" if you want to know the contents of the shadow, look for what the patient overreacts too. And I'm afraid Mr Chock's reaction to this distressing revelation has been extreme.

Thus, to help the poor boy come to terms with his extreme right wing mentality, I'm prepared to offer psychoanalysis at the amazing introductory price of 500 English pounds for a 10 minute session.

PM me for an apointment. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Swe_Richard said:

Haha, yeah the "Do you believe there are more than two genders?" Kind of told me where this was heading.. 🤣

Waste of time; although I am happy to report that I am only trace amounts of woke.

I dont think there was a hidden agenda there. It needed to ask that question to determine your results. You were free to answer no.

However, that was another question that wasn't a yes or no answer, it was both in my opinion.

Biologically there are only two genders. Psychologically, there are more than two.

Edited by martin-w