Sign in to follow this  
MarkDH

Mapping GNS530 buttons and switches

I'm sure I read somewhere that SPAD.neXt now allows mapping of GNS530 functions but I can't remember where. I also don't see anything to that effect on the SPAD.neXt forums, although perhaps it's a beta feature. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

I can't comment on this directly, but a lot of info on SPAD.neXt shifted from the forum to the Discord server, so you may look there. (Not that I enjoy that move, just stating a matter of fact).

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Yes, go over to the SPAD Discord.  I'm not sure about the 530 mappings in SPAD itself (I have a RealSimGear 530 bezel.  Doesn't hurt to ask over there though.

1 hour ago, Little Jenny said:

Yes, go over to the SPAD Discord.  I'm not sure about the 530 mappings in SPAD itself (I have a RealSimGear 530 bezel.  Doesn't hurt to ask over there though.

I don't have 'discord', maybe I'll just wait for Asobo to finish its SDK. I never liked the SPAD.neXt subscription model anyway.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

Yes it’s possible, I am doing the same with the class echo. You have to enable betas. 

23 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Yes it’s possible, I am doing the same with the class echo. You have to enable betas. 

Okay, thanks.

• Like 1

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

32 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

https://axisandohs.weebly.com/

Have a read... powerful stuff from @Lorby_SI

I can't see any mention of the GNS530 with that tool?

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

I'm hoping @Lorby_SI pops in to add to this post... I've just purchased the interface software and am trying to get to grips with it.  Many, many years of FSUIPC habits.

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

1 hour ago, MarkDH said:

I can't see any mention of the GNS530 with that tool?

The HTML instruments in MSFS use a different kind of variables to operate buttons and knobs than the legacy sims did. A fair bit of code is required to access them. I called them "HTML Variables", but that is just an arbitrary name until they have been documented by Asobo. Many of those variables have been resolved to proper names in AxisAndOhs and are easy to use. But there are many more that need some assembly first (the sim constructs their names from placeholder-tags at runtime)

AxisAndOhs reads those variables from the sim "live" and you can assign them to buttons or switches. This capability has been added only recently in version 2 of the app, and has not yet found its way onto the website. When in doubt, I suggest trying the demo version, so you can see what's what.

50800552808_bfc25f6861_z.jpg

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

38 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

AxisAndOhs reads those variables from the sim "live" and you can assign them to buttons or switches. This capability has been added only recently in version 2 of the app, and has not yet found its way onto the website. When in doubt, I suggest trying the demo version, so you can see what's what.

Okay thanks, that's a contender.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

6 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

https://axisandohs.weebly.com/

Have a read... powerful stuff from @Lorby_SI

A piece of very powerful kit. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to control things such as the FMS and Range Knobs or the selection buttons on the G1000 and the developer replied that those things weren't supported at the time on the MS official forums. Once MSFS or an addon makes these controls available to map I'm sure many people would be very interested.

James