Sign in to follow this  
tweekz

Aerosoft CRJ - new preview screenshots [Jan 29]

Duplicate post

Edited by z06z33

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

2 hours ago, z06z33 said:

With the fact that my system can’t even run GA planes at 1440p consistently at 30 FPS... I have a feeling the CRJ will be released as a PowerPoint lol... My system is no slouch 8700k@4.8 ghz and a GTX 1080. I just ordered a RTX 3090 so we will see if that changes things.

You should consider lowering your settings. i7 7700K, 16GB, RX480 8GB here and running it on HIGH / MEDIUM @ 1080 settings with 30-40 fps in almost any situation.

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

3 hours ago, z06z33 said:

With the fact that my system can’t even run GA planes at 1440p consistently at 30 FPS... I have a feeling the CRJ will be released as a PowerPoint lol... My system is no slouch 8700k@4.8 ghz and a GTX 1080. I just ordered a RTX 3090 so we will see if that changes things.

mmm you should get descent performance with that. I am with 8700@5 and 1070 and i am ok at 1440p , smooth..

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

Its actually pretty nice to have an airliner that doesnt have a whole lot of automatic systems.  Gives you something to do rather than one switch and everything gets automatically controlled.   Makes flights more interesting.   This was a fun aircraft to fly in P3D. 

The only exception is the lack of auto throttle.  Why Bombardier did this is ridiculous.   Unless there was another way to manage cruise speed, i was constantly adjusting the AT at cruise because of varying winds. Gets a little annoying unless you are glued to the computer.  Very short flights not a big deal, but 2-3 hour cruise is different. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

On 1/30/2021 at 10:18 AM, HighTowers said:

Unless there was another way to manage cruise speed, i was constantly adjusting the AT at cruise because of varying winds. Gets a little annoying unless you are glued to the computer.

How do you think the real pilots feel with no autothrottle? :unsure:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

On 1/30/2021 at 12:34 AM, z06z33 said:

I just ordered a RTX 3090

which one and from where?

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

On 1/30/2021 at 10:18 AM, HighTowers said:

The only exception is the lack of auto throttle.  Why Bombardier did this is ridiculous.   Unless there was another way to manage cruise speed, i was constantly adjusting the AT at cruise because of varying winds. Gets a little annoying unless you are glued to the computer.  Very short flights not a big deal, but 2-3 hour cruise is different. 

There'll be very few 2-3 hour flights in a CRJ, and probably none at all in a CRJ550 since that variant only has a range of 1,378 miles, meaning with reserves for diversions etc it's only ever going to do flights of less considerably than 1,000 miles and probably around half that distance a lot of the time. Especially since the CRJ isn't certified for long flights over water.

We usually worked on the larger CRJ variants (typically the 900) for SAS, and they were invariably flying routes of about 650 miles or so, which is a total flight time of about one hour and thirty minutes. On flight profiles such as that, there's not much in the way of sitting there in cruise for a long time, much of the flight will be the climb and descent portions, so an autothrottle, whilst a nice luxury, isn't really a necessity. Beyond that, it's cheaper to maintain an aeroplane with less mechanical systems too, so not having an autothrottle probably helps a lot with saving cash for operators.

It's worth bearing in mind that this is in fact a lot of the appeal of the aeroplanes such as the CRJ, Dash 8 and ATR-72 for flight simmers. It's more time spent doing the fun bits where you are actually flying the aeroplane, having to operate the controls, take off and land. Sitting there with the autopilot on is pretty boring in comparison.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

4 minutes ago, Chock said:

There'll be very few 2-3 hour flights in a CRJ,

Hehe....you've obviously never seen how American uses them with PSA. 🙂 

My wife was on a weekly flight on a CRJ700 KDFW-KLBB for a a few months. 🙂 

They use the heck outta them for short commuter flights all around the huge state of Texas.

Here are the routes (some of these get flown by their ERJs though....its a mish-mash)

Texas

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Yeah, I meant generally. Obviously there'll be some airlines which use the thing on longer routes it is capable of flying.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Air Canada will send their (Jazz) CRJ9’s on longer missions, I think pre-COVID you could find one on YYZ-IAH.  I loved those back when they were CRJ705’s...I would take a long flight on one of those (with their fewer seats and more leg room) any day.

Back to this aircraft, I certainly found the P3D version of the CRJ harder to maintain a consistent speed than the other aircraft I flew a lot with no auto throttle, the Majestic Q400, but I’m not sure if that’s true in the real world as well or if it’s a reflection on the addons themselves.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Actually here in the US for a while, it was not uncommon to see them on a 4 hour gate to gate leg.  We had a a ACA CR2 that did CYYZ-KMCI and a 700 that did a KMCI-KSFO.  Most have probably been replaced by the 175s now, but our airlines stretched the heck out of them.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

36 minutes ago, Chock said:

Yeah, I meant generally. Obviously there'll be some airlines which use the thing on longer routes it is capable of flying.

2 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

Actually here in the US for a while, it was not uncommon to see them on a 4 hour gate to gate leg

Oh yeah......taken the same airframe, same airline on a 4.5 hour flight many times.....its a pretty versatile aircraft.

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

33 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Air Canada will send their (Jazz) CRJ9’s on longer missions, I think pre-COVID you could find one on YYZ-IAH.

Yes, they did! I flew that route a good number of times. Air Canada actually used its 705s for quite a few longer trips: Toronto to Atlanta, Raleigh, Saskatoon that I can think of immediately. No room for the carry on but I did like the basic layout and leg room. And actually the gate check system worked well for me.

Dan Scott

If they are capable for longer flights, regional airlines will use them.  The geography is quite different between NA and Europe in city pairs for regionals. 

Absolutely agree with Alan. It is alot more fun to do the manual things. very rarely  do autoland. Takeoffs up to FL100 before AP comes on. Thats why the 757/67 is alot of fun to fly. Got that nice hybrid mix of doing things manually with some automatic systems.  Just the AT is my only gripe since its so variable particularly when there is variable winds.  Pilots are stuck in the cockpit. Simnmers in cruise, I tend to do some other stuff on computer or house work only to check in on the cruise occasionally. 

• Like 3

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I wish Asobo added shared cockpit, without it it will be a limited experience to fly big jets like the CRJ (unlike a CJ4 single pilot plane). I tried the Your Control plugin but had a very poor experience with unsynchronized switches and screens.