Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

This Is A First For Me - MSFS Live Traffic

I did Denver to Phoenix Sunday and PHX was swarmed with the ugly generic birds. 🙂

Edited by Drumcode

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I am seeing plenty of live traffic in the USA, but this seems to be another case where experiences differ.  

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

My experiences have been very sporadic, some flights I seem to be the only one in the air, some are quite busy.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Lots of traffic at MMMX last week. Only problem was they were all landing 05L and ATC ordered me to land opposite on 23R.

33 planes around KDEN for me right now

m3U0pHX.png

Edited by Tuskin38

On 1/31/2021 at 10:27 AM, cianpars said:

Ideally, I would like to see MSFS develop in a way that a new sim will not be needed

much like windows right now, they keep updating windows 10 instead of new versions (xp, vista, 7, ect) every few years.  Though we dont pay for win10 upgrades, we should pay for newer msfs upgrades to keep the platform alive, unless they have a different strategy.

Edited by Brandon01110
  • Like 1

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

I fly pretty much exclusively in the US, with both live traffic and MP traffic enabled.  I am continually impressed that the amount of traffic I see tends to be comparable to what I would expect in the real world. 

On 1/31/2021 at 9:40 AM, versus said:

Despite all the promises ATC and traffic never manage to get properly done in any simulator. What I don't understand,  in general, is why with all the cash accumulated you don't simply outsource these tasks to external developers who have expertise in this field

Why do you opt to slow development with your own resources being stingy and pissing the customers off when you can use dough and order turnkey solutions and and incorporate various modules in the sim.. It is just the greed or laziness that is preventing faster and more effective development.  Why not keep the customers happy and profit from the influx of new  users if they see your product is far superior to competition.

If you want to have a stellar product simply  INVEST and distribute development. If IFR, complex systems, big iron, ATC and traffic were done at the same level with scenery and weather nobody would ever mention X-Plane and all of their customers would be yours.

Agreed!

Chris Camp