Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Speculative: PMDG Update

6 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

I will respire when they get the performance run better in the sense, support of DX12 and make use of multi core processors.

Performance is good and it is already multi threaded. They mentioned DX12 support is more about unlocking new features like raytracing ,, etc

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

3 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Performance is good and it is already multi threaded. They mentioned DX12 support is more about unlocking new features like raytracing ,, etc

Yes, but I guess if you have like a 6 or 8 core cpu, the sim will not take advantage by all of them. I think if the unlock features like ray tracing that gonna be superb.

1 hour ago, tweekz said:

It will be released this month. De facto confirmed. See the CRJ thread.

Then it is clear that half of the stuff will be missing and coming later in updates/patches... 

But we will see 😉 Hopefully AS proofs me being totally wrong...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

On 2/5/2021 at 11:52 PM, Janov said:

Thats right, in VMC you can accurately pilot an airliner by the seat of your pants. Listen for the wind noise to judge airspeed, engine howl for N1, turn off the radios (so you don´t have to listen to ATC threaten you with the FAA) and then just head for that lake, turn left by the smokestack and start your descent near the old sawmill 🙄.

All I said was you don’t have to be looking at the gauges the entire time on a approach in VMC,I look outside than my gauges than look outside again the FAA actually recommends this approach to flying. I can assure you it’s easier to fly looking outside than having your head stuck on the instruments. I’m furloughed from the airlines so I know a thing or two about flying jets just saying

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

44 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Then it is clear that half of the stuff will be missing and coming later in updates/patches... 

But we will see 😉 Hopefully AS proofs me being totally wrong...

I hope so as well. Anyway, it can hardly be worse than the defaul airliners. 😄

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

1 hour ago, ckyliu said:

I wouldn't be surprised if FSL quitely drop or at least postpone the P3D x64 Concorde to move development resources to MFS.

Does MSFS support supersonic flight? I’ve seen no indication it does. Anything in the long-term plans for it?

If they drop P3D Concorde they’d have a lot of extremely annoyed die-hard Concorde users. I don’t see it happening.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Does MSFS support supersonic flight? I’ve seen no indication it does. Anything in the long-term plans for it?

Answer is here

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Supersonic flight is not supported yet, but it's confirm MFS will do at some point. Remember FSL are a business, they chase return-on-investment not pleasing a niche within a niche (I don't believe it's a lot of users like you say, rare to see Concorde on VATSIM or IVAO), ultimately the annoyed users will probably still buy other FSL products anyway.

The only thing that will save the P3Dx64 Concorde is how how many man hours FSL already sunk into it compared to how many are needed to finish it, because there's no way a logical business would embark on the project afresh now.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 2

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

2 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Answer is here

A simple yes or no would have been appreciated.

1 minute ago, ckyliu said:

Supersonic flight is not supported yet, but MFS will do so at some point. Remember FSL are a business, they chase return-on-investment not pleasing a niche within a niche (I don't believe it's a lot like you say, hardly ever see Concorde on VATSIM or IVAO), ultimately the annoyed users will probably still buy other FSL products anyway.

I’m not here to debate FSL’s decision. Just to report what they have decided.

The reason you see so few in vatsim is because users would have to use P3D v3 or the alternative for XPlane.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

A simple yes or no would have been appreciated.

If you've been following the release of the DC Designs F-15, they've somehow broken the sound barrier. In the recent update one of the bug-fixes read:

Aircraft restricted to Mach 1: Fixed, now Mach 2 + capable

Not sure what it enables or allows, I haven't flown the plane post fix.

3 minutes ago, dobee51 said:

If you've been following the release of the DC Designs F-15, they've somehow broken the sound barrier. In the recent update one of the bug-fixes read:

Aircraft restricted to Mach 1: Fixed, now Mach 2 + capable

Not sure what it enables or allows, I haven't flown the plane post fix.

Probably a hack given MSFS doesn’t currently support supersonic flight. It’s academic anyway as FSL have said it will be a one-time 64-bit conversion and they’ve decided on P3D.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 hours ago, ckyliu said:

@Ray Proudfoot I keep hearing "SDK not complete" but no one ever seems to say how, although I appreciate it's not the SDK is not well documented. Aerosoft's CRJ will be out soon so we'll see what the SDK is capable of, but I suspect by "not complete" what aircraft developers mean is "we have to recode some stuff because the old ways of working don't work, and we'd rather Asobo made the SDK work with our old stuff". I'm very sure PMDG et al will appear in MFS because it's where customers are already moving to in their droves, PMDG have already confirmed quite vocally it's where they'll be focusing their efforts. And once one moves across, the rest will surely follow or fade away. It's a question of when, not if these aircraft appear.

In my mind, what has already been done w/ MSFS, everything, is so much larger than maturing the SDK. I've said it before and will again:  it's maybe a maximum of 10% of the entire project, and some of that 10% has already been done.  Again, I know I am naive, but just looking In order to get the sim to where it is today they needed to....

1.  Develop multiple aircraft, feature them w/ a substantial array of attributes to make them flyable using glass avionics and all of the rest.  The stock TBM930 is far more engaging than any default plane in the old, mature sims.

2.  Develop a world FULL of airports, many exceedingly well done especially compared to the garbage that is FSX/P3D, sans 3rd party content.

3.  Build streaming scenery & autogen to work seemlessly w/ each other, photogrammetry and so forth.

4.  Build a totally new atmospherics system not using 2D sprites

5.  Build a user interface, ATC, a Marketplace, a portal to purchase and install from, regular updates, etc.

6.  Build all of the above capable of running on PC & Xbox

Numbers 1-6 above constitute the 90% of a complete product.   Yes, of course all of the above need furthur refinement, but to me it's largely fine-tuning, not a complete overhaul, save perhaps ATC.  I am clearly unexperienced on what needs to be in an SDK.  But today I learned modders made the doors open on the TBM.  So clearly, there's already a hook for door opening waiting to happen in the SDK or is already there.  Clearly the SDK has allowed a slew of devs to already produce airports for MSFS.

To me, what's likely left in the SDK are a lot of very small details.  As said earlier, MS/A is probably mostly focused on readying for the Xbox, hopefully fine-tuning what they already have done, and perhaps working on the DX-12 port. 

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@ckyliu, the day PMDG or FS Labs announce they are planning on producing their aircraft for MSFS is the day I know the SDK is sufficiently mature to permit development.

I know you rephrased your post afterwards, but I think it's important to point this out again because I see a lot of people who seem to have misconstrued what PMDG actually said. The 737 NG3 is in active development. They said some features in the SDK they require are still missing, which is why development is slower than anticipated, but it has not stopped.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

7 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Unless Asobo state historic weather will be implemented it's unlikely I'll be buying it for that and the other reasons given.

it just goes to show how hard a group simmers are to please

i mean i get how you would like this, but implementing historical weather is almost the very definition of niche 😛

it's a shame you'll miss out because of that

8 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

The scenery is much better. I'm not denying that. But with no external weather program permitted and no internal DLLs allowed it is not a very attractive offering for me. Hi-Fi are the masters of weather and with no drivers for my GoFlight modules they become dust-gatherers.

It's like having a fantastic looking girlfriend with few social or practical skills.

i wasn't aware we aren't going to get activesky - is that a permanent limitation on external weather programs?

shame, but still not a deal break for me