Sign in to follow this  
Rimshot

Spitfire!

3 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

How do you shut the canopy? I've tried clicking everywhere. Thanks for any help.

Clickspot on forward upper canopy frame, or you can look back and click on the pull handle. Note that the side door has to be closed too for the canopy to shut, so make sure that isn't open. It has a click spot to do that near the hinges.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

my first flight in the Flying Iron Spitfire, touring the north of Sicily, too bad the Etna was hidden in the clouds
51009388257_22f0519427_k.jpgjk2075

but it appeared a while later:
51008582153_02cbf1af5a_k.jpgjk2085

turning over Lipari
51009388137_065b996864_k.jpgjk2091

and flying past Reggio Calabria
51009388072_6b3a25038d_k.jpgjk2097

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

All my FSX/P3D repaints are here on Avsim, for my MSFS repaints, go to FS.2

41 minutes ago, jankees said:

my first flight in the Flying Iron Spitfire, touring the north of Sicily, too bad the Etna was hidden in the clouds
51009388257_22f0519427_k.jpgjk2075

but it appeared a while later:
51008582153_02cbf1af5a_k.jpgjk2085

turning over Lipari
51009388137_065b996864_k.jpgjk2091

and flying past Reggio Calabria
51009388072_6b3a25038d_k.jpgjk2097

Splendid!

Plenty of scope for your creative juices.😃

T45

• Like 1

A nice review.

I agree with everything he has to say about the Flying Iron Spitfire.

A really fun plane and flight model seems very plausible.

• Like 1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

I would have preferred the early Mark I with just eleven hundred horsepower which actually fought the battle of Britain, instead of the later souped up versions.

But at least there is no GPS nor VOR frequency dials, so that's a huge plus in my book!

large_000000.jpg

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

All these gorgeous Spitfire pictures. May I add this one?

quadrant.png

DIY assembly video finally done !

• Like 1

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

6064b573903d2c8756eca0eb26016d05.jpg

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

6 hours ago, neucoas said:

Thanks! Be sure to share your review video !

I noticed that there is no sound for the various switches in the VC (magnetos, flaps, manual fuel pump, etc). I hope they update and add those, it really adds to the immersion.

These are due in Update 1.01 🙂 Loving all these fantastic screenshots!

Edited by Dan_FIS
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Ferg said:

Evening all

Just downloaded the Spit and have made a few exploratory flights out of my local - Biggin Hill.

I think the visual model is very good with a very nice 'sheen' to the paint etc.

Cockpit is well modelled and feels 'right' to compared to Spits that I have been able to sit in.

The prop spinner animation looks weird - a bit like one of those 'wonky pots' on a pottery wheel.

The vibration animation on start up also feels a little 'rigid' to me ?

I may be a loner here but I would really have liked a modern 'warbird' pilot figure. I think the Mae West / leather helmet is fine for DCS where you are going to fly their Mk9 in combat scenerio's. However, in MSFS the attraction to me is that we will be flying this model in the very modern world with todays scenery and no Dorniers or 'Einkels around. At least the option of a bone done version of the pilot with a modern flight suit would be well received I think - much like Warbirdsim did with their P-51D..  

V disappointed in the sound modelling - start up and shut down are way too abbreviated and the Merlin also doesn't sound right through the power ranges either - hopefully that will get some attention as many have commented  

It may very well be me and I know the Spit is a devil to handle on take off and landing but with a very gentle application of power up to +7 and easing in right rudder I found the thing still swinging wildly off to the left. On landing (once the ice had melted!) I had no trouble getting her settled into a 3 point touch down but then she again she starts a pendulum swing and tipped onto the left wing tip. I will reserve further judgement as I know "a bad pilot blames his add ons" and I will put in some more practice when I am fresher tomorrow !

Looking forward to Jan Kees works of art for this bird !!

Well ! Done loads more flying today and found that my handling problems on take off and landing were ( as expected) entirely down to my own poor technique - not enough back stick !

Thoroughly enjoying the Spit !! 

Still would really like a bone dome avatar pilot option though please!

• Like 1

Guys I didn't intent to buy fly Spitfire but I did this morning, but I did LOL What can I say. Absolutely stunning! Some airplanes feels plastic in the sim, but this one is breathing living beast! Wow!

Unfortunately IRL I haven't able to put my hands on any WW2 bird other than Texan. Yet FlyingIron one had the same authentic feel of WW2 bird. After crappy Cernado Arrow Spitfire is exact medicine I need. Bravo FlyingIron! Keep it coming!

• Like 4

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Just did couple touch and go at KRNM! I still got stick and rudder skills! LOL Absolutely love it

unknown.png?width=2216&height=1246

unknown.png?width=2216&height=1246

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI