Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

737 MAX Released for MSFS 2020 at Simmarket

1 hour ago, Chock said:

You can open them with the FS2Crew Pushback Express panel, or if you go to the ATC menu you can call up for the bags and when the trucks arrive the cargo doors open up for loading and unloading, which is pretty much what happens in real life apart from actually having to call up for this, since the ground crew usually just crack on with that the moment the anti-collision beacons go off, i.e. it's the same as the default airliners.

Thanks, I'm trying to figure out how this is going to work at a Signature ramp with a BBJ livery... 🧐

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

It's crazy how some people say the cockpit of this 737 Max in MSFS is equal to the FS98 cockpit.  People are just bashing this 737 Max for the sake of bashing it.

If you have eyes and proper vision (and I hope we all do, especially since some people here in AVSIM are real life pilots), the 737 Max cockpit is much better than the FS98 version.  It's not even close.  Albeit, the 737 Max cockpit textures can use some improvements, but to say it's as bad as the FS98 cockpit is just misinformation and poor judgement.

Sorry, but if you come from XP11 and Zibo‘s 737 (freeware) you have other standards how a VC can look like (Max / NG differences set aside). For me it is just not acceptable for a payware addon.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I haven't read all 42 pages in this thread so maybe I missed it but I have a couple of issues running this in VR:

1) The HUD image doesn't have a near-infinity depth so it doesn't "overlay" the outside scene - it appears to be about a foot away. Hope this can be fixed soon.

2) The knobs and switches are hard to activate - I have to close my right eye to get the 3D cursor in the correct spot.

Still, I am willing to treat this as early access and fund some more development. Flying it seems fine, especially in VR, but getting it to slow down is tricky.

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

1 hour ago, Cargostorm said:

Sorry, but if you come from XP11 and Zibo‘s 737 (freeware) you have other standards how a VC can look like (Max / NG differences set aside). For me it is just not acceptable for a payware addon.

So erm, don't buy it. What part of this concept is it that you are not getting? Or, if you prefer, consider this...

Don't skip past the fact that neither the Zibo Boeing 737, nor the FBW MSFS A320 are free; the freeware mods for the aeroplanes they are applied to are free, the aeroplanes themselves which these mods are applied to are in packages which cost fifty quid apiece. So both these aeroplanes were already modeled inside and out and we had to pay for that. Thus the comparison falls down a bit when you take into account the fact that for something from scratch, you either have to model it from scratch, or source a model you can use, which is what happened with this 737 add-on since there was not default aeroplane upon which to base a mod. And that sourced model wasn't free, it cost several hundred quid to acquire speculatively before the developer knew what would and would not be possible with it, or whether it would be worth the effort in projected sales, since the amount of time you spend making something has to translate into what you will charge for it and what people are willing to pay.

Nobody who has bought this 737 is saying that they have other standards with regard to what a VC can look like, they are merely willing to acknowledge all of the above facts of life and pay a small amount of cash to have a fun aeroplane in MSFS which was not there by default. It's a bit condescending therefore to claim you have a higher standard of what you want in a VC, when nobody else is lowering their standards in buying this thing, merely supporting the efforts of someone who got a 737 out there for 20 quid.

If you, I or anyone else doesn't like this 737 Max, or prefers the PMDG 737, or the iFly 737, or the Milviz 737, or the Ariane 737, or the Just Flight 737, or the Wilco 737, or any other 737 out there for a sim, they can use these things in their related sims; the fact that this one exists doesn't mean all those other ones no longer exist nor are somehow unable to be used. But, prior to their being an SDK and a developer willing to jump in and get something done fast for MSFS, if you want something which has a reasonable stab at a 737 Max in MSFS for not a lot of money, and is fun to whizz around in, this thing is here.

I agree with you that the VC is not as super-duper as some add-ons in other sims, but for 20 quid to have a 737 Max right now in MSFS when no other developer is willing to risk doing it or turn it around in this timeframe, I can accept that they did so with a self-awareness that the game had to be worth the candle.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 5

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

2 hours ago, Greazer said:

.... will have @GoranM  and @Janov shaking in their slippers.

Why are you tagging Jan and myself in a MSFS thread?  Can you please stop stalking us and tagging us in a thread unrelated to us. You’ve done it twice in here, and it’s creepy. Is that polite enough for you?

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Painted it in my Air Hauler airline livery; kind of suits it...

fUivQoz.png

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

3 minutes ago, Chock said:

fUivQoz.png

You Tube review tomorrow?

T45

6 minutes ago, Chock said:

Very nice too!!

Is there a paint kit available somewhere?

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

3 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

You Tube review tomorrow?

T45

Yup

Just now, Adamski_NZ said:

Very nice too!!

Is there a paint kit available somewhere?

Yup. It's a download from Simmarket

Alan Bradbury

Just now, Schwarzgruber said:

I bought this plane for fun, but the throttle isn't working?

Is the autothrottle connected?

Alan Bradbury

1 minute ago, Chock said:

Is the autothrottle connected?

Yeap. I started cold and dark.

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

4 minutes ago, Schwarzgruber said:

I bought this plane for fun, but the throttle isn't working?

When on run way click on the A/T button off and move the throttle and report back if it works.

Today I am experiencing a strange behavior. Yesterday it was all working today I had the same issue with the throttle and  when I have the ILS frequency the red diamonds for LOC and GS does not appear on the PFD for some reason. Hmmmm

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

2 minutes ago, Manny said:

When on tun way click on the A/T button off and move the throttle and report back if it works.

Today I am experiencing a strange behavior. Yesterday it was all working today I had the same issue with the throttle and  when I have the ILS frequency the red diamonds for LOC and GS does not appear on the PFD for some reason. Hmmmm

I go test.

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

14 minutes ago, Manny said:

Me too. I'm trying to narrow it down - to maybe a conflict with the FBW A32NX mod ... or the "Lights" fix mod.

UPDATE: It's the "Lights" .cfg mod to blame ...

Edited by Adamski_NZ
  • Like 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png