Sign in to follow this  
CaptainMoose

MSFS default Baron 58 with steam gauges

Hi all;

For all VFR two engine prop fans out there, if you are interested in having Microsoft add a steam gauge variant of the Baron 58 on the new MSFS, please vote on the MSFS forum linked below. The vote button is a blue button on the top left side of the thread.

https://forums.flightsimulator…-with-steam-gauges/273317

Happy VFR flying...

Edited by CaptainMoose
misspelled linked!
  • Like 3

Round gauge fine but I would want a GNS along with that. It isn't the 70s anymore afterall. We have better than VOR/NDB.

Voted! Now is 57. Vote icon is top left.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Just voted. Thanks for the heads up. Call me old school, but I prefer steam gauges over glass cockpits, at least in the simulation world. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

20 minutes ago, jpe828 said:

I wish they would fix the G1000 baron issues. 

Exactly my thinking!

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

Exactly my thinking!

I mean, I would love more steam gauges... but fix what is already there! I am so impatient for the Milviz 310!

I mean, nope. They have enough ‘default’ Aircraft that don’t work correctly, or efficiently. I’d rather they just got those up to an acceptable level and leave the rest to third party plane makers. Nothing like diverting their attention away from other issues that need sorting. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I know it is normally a different set of developers with different skills doing different things, but I really wish they would suspend all world updates and extra content, and just concentrate of fixing the core sim.  Then we can move on with other things after that. 

At the moment, I would rather them fix the rendering, flight dynamics (flaps issues etc.) and scenery/mesh issues before adding anything else like contrails and water wakes etc.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Yeah, I am all set. I don't need more Asobo aircraft. At this point, they just need to work on the existing AC and the core sim. Leave the AC to third party developers. 

• Like 1

Thank you for raising the idea!

I agree the same Baron with analogue gauges could be very nice, I've voted for it too.

I didn't pay much attention to the FS2020 Baron so far, although it is my default test plane in XP11 and P3D5, but I've tried it for a few flights since your post and it is, within the limits of FS2020 flight modeling and simulation engine, quite good actually compared to some other stock aircraft. I like the sound of the engines roaring like they do (I like the B350 engines as well, I don't know why really but I just like them). Of course if at least I could add a GTN or GNS it would be better but I also have a biased opinion when it comes to GPS 😉

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Seriously you guys. Baron is overpowered. You can't feather the prop, but you can fly below Vmc on one engine without loosing control. I wish Asobo fix that first ! I don't care "steam" or "glass", but believable of FM is a must!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Better off waiting for a third party to create one

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K