Sign in to follow this  
CaptainMoose

MSFS default Baron 58 with steam gauges

Given that 3D gauges are part of the aircraft model in MSFS, it's quite a bit of work to create a Steam gauge version of an existing aircraft, and likely impossible with the Premium Deluxe aircraft.  It's not as simple as prior sims where configurable panels are part of the architecture... Asobo has really given no thought at all to being able to change panel contents easily.

The FlyByWire team is working on an importer to import the MSFS gltf format 3D models back into Blender.  Once that is working well, someone wanting to learn about doing instruments without doing a whole aircraft could do a steam guage Bonanza.....

Edited by marsman2020

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

29 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

. Asobo has really given no thought at all to being able to change panel contents easily.

But this was probably not a need the select few 3rd party vendors they are closely working with had expressed either. Should I've been given the opportunity to say (or being listened to depending on how you see it) you'd bet this would be among the first thing I'd ask for.

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On 2/19/2021 at 3:13 PM, Stratocruiser1 said:

Site not working. Can't vote.

I just voted and saw the vote count increase.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I like it as a Glass version. It is a G model after all and suppose to represent a new aircraft. The Baron in MSFS looks like a beautiful modern GA aircraft.

The upcoming JF Piper on the other hand has steam gauges and looks the part.

James

On 2/19/2021 at 3:37 AM, CaptainMoose said:

Hi all;

For all VFR two engine prop fans out there, if you are interested in having Microsoft add a steam gauge variant of the Baron 58 on the new MSFS, please vote on the MSFS forum linked below. The vote button is a blue button on the top left side of the thread.

https://forums.flightsimulator…-with-steam-gauges/273317

Happy VFR flying...

Not before they complete the Longitude (HUD, Cabin, etc.)...😲:ph34r:

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, RXP said:

But this was probably not a need the select few 3rd party vendors they are closely working with had expressed either. Should I've been given the opportunity to say (or being listened to depending on how you see it) you'd bet this would be among the first thing I'd ask for.

I'm sure!  It boggles my mind, all they had to do was go install any of the "top end" GA addons from RealAir or any other vendor and they would have seen the configuration options to swap out the Garmins for RealityXP units. 

I wonder how Just Flight has accomplished swapping out parts of their panel in the upcoming Piper Arrow, which supports 2 different GPS configurations. 

• Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Does anybody know how to contact a developer to investigate the cost of making a Baron with the 1970's panel with the GNS530 in the radio stack?

Wasn't BlackSquare going to do an Analog Baron after the Caravan and King Air?

Undercarriage lever a bit sticky was it, Sir?

I was thinking that Blacksquare would be all over this by now.  Not sure what could be holding them back.

LouP

20 minutes ago, Johan217 said:

Wasn't BlackSquare going to do an Analog Baron after the Caravan and King Air?

I heard they're doing an analogue A36 Bonanza but that's only a rumor so far hehe.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 2/25/2021 at 9:30 AM, Jetman67 said:

Better off waiting for a third party to create one

Exactly. I'm hoping the developer who did the caravan and king air will do the same with the Baron 

As others have said, I peronally think this would be better handled by Black Square; doing their usual "use the default exterior model, then create a new cockpit, systems and flight model" job. 

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

1 hour ago, JYW said:

As others have said, I peronally think this would be better handled by Black Square; doing their usual "use the default exterior model, then create a new cockpit, systems and flight model" job. 

A problem with that is the Baron is only included with the Premium & Deluxe versions of MSFS which substantially reduces the target market

I don't think that makes it impossible that Black Square would release the a stream gauge Baron but I do think it makes a Bonanza version more likely.

Plus, I've just had a thought- are any of the files that Black Square would need to update/replace still encrypted in the Baron ?

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Matchstick said:

A problem with that is the Baron is only included with the Premium & Deluxe versions of MSFS which substantially reduces the target market

I don't think that makes it impossible that Black Square would release the a stream gauge Baron but I do think it makes a Bonanza version more likely.

Plus, I've just had a thought- are any of the files that Black Square would need to update/replace still encrypted in the Baron ?

WB-SIM did a classic Cessna enhancement (and quite nicely I might add) and that aircraft also requires the Deluxe version.
It does limit the user base but I expect most enthusiasts have purchased the deluxe or premium version anyway. I doubt infrequent flyers are the target for these kind of upgrades.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5