Sign in to follow this  
nyfirefly11

New CRJ video series

11 hours ago, Chock said:

It's a really nice model, looks great on that video, even standing up well to close inspection. If I was going to be really picky there are a couple of things on it which aren't absolutely 100 percent correct, but you'd have to be really familiar with the exterior of the CRJ to notice them and they hardly matter, so I won't even bother to say what they are, and one of those we could actually fix ourselves with a repaint. 🙂

What will now be apparent to people unfamiliar with being that close to a CRJ however, is a problem with this thing in MSFS, and that is pushback.

Maybe not a problem at all.

The freeware Pushback Helper might be one of the unsung heroes - the latest version (v2.4) adds a slider for speed control is super easy to start, move around, engage, operate and get rid off.  It will open and close the main and cargo doors, cycle the Parking Brake, call the Fuel Truck and/or Tug and will connect/disconnect to Jetways.  It is very visual, easy to move around, can be resized and works like a charm. Kudos to the developers.

Pushback Helper • Flight Simulator 2020

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

5 minutes ago, raymar said:

Maybe not a problem at all.

The freeware Pushback Helper might be one of the unsung heroes - the latest version (v2.4) adds a slider for speed control is super easy to start, move around, engage, operate and get rid off.  It will open and close the main and cargo doors, cycle the Parking Brake, call the Fuel Truck and/or Tug and will connect/disconnect to Jetways.  It is very visual, easy to move around, can be resized and works like a charm. Kudos to the developers.

Pushback Helper • Flight Simulator 2020

Yeah I know of it, but it doesn't solve this problem.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

24 minutes ago, Chock said:

Yeah I know of it, but it doesn't solve this problem.

It may not totally solve your perceived problem, but, I bet it will push, pull, turn and curtsy with the best of 'em.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I don't know if CRJ is capable like MD but here is easy solution 🙂

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Powerbacks have not been allowed at most airports since the 1980s although some places let it continue for a bit longer, unfortunately, cause it was kind of fun to see DC-9s etc doing it. It easily ingests FOD into low wing-mounted engines, and it's too loud for noise abatement levels on high tail-mounted engines.

Alan Bradbury

I confess I use this technique from time to time in FS2020 to cut short on waiting for the push back 😄

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

10 minutes ago, Chock said:

Powerbacks have not been allowed at most airports since the 1980s although some places let it continue for a bit longer, unfortunately, cause it was kind of fun to see DC-9s etc doing it. It easily ingests FOD into low wing-mounted engines, and it's too loud for noise abatement levels on high tail-mounted engines.

I hope you are not talking about MSFS LOL

Just now, sd_flyer said:

I hope you are not talking about MSFS LOL

Do either of those look like a DC-9? 🤣

Alan Bradbury

9 minutes ago, Chock said:

Do either of those look like a DC-9? 🤣

In MSFS I can do it in A320.. just saying 🙂

• Like 1

Yeah, I know you can do it in MSFS, the point is, people want a realistic airliner with all that implies, and then they're gonna just crank up the thrust reversers? 🤣 Seems a bit contrary to say the least.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

You did it in the bus? You have better luck than I. I went full reverse last night to try and choose a different gate (selected gate was broken. 😒) and the aircraft wouldn't budge. I had to use the tug instead. 

I know the ground handling is 10x better than P3D, but I can't wait to see what GSX brings. 

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

35 minutes ago, Chock said:

Yeah, I know you can do it in MSFS, the point is, people want a realistic airliner with all that implies, and then they're gonna just crank up the thrust reversers? 🤣 Seems a bit contrary to say the least.

Do want a realistic airliner and play by real world rules? Get 1500 hours , ATP, and type rating in CRJ LOL Seriously I would worry about push back when I get my  hands on Aerosoft CRJ lol

21 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Do want a realistic airliner and play by real world rules? Get 1500 hours , ATP, and type rating in CRJ LOL Seriously I would worry about push back when I get my  hands on Aerosoft CRJ lol

It doesn't really need its static wicks either, but the promotional product video on this thread covered checking those on a walkaround, thus that's where they're pitching this in terms of realism. So the point is, what I want is a simulator with an airport environment which at least has a stab at realistic collision detection for the GSE if it's going to have an airliner which is intending to be realistically using that stuff, particularly since the visuals are a large selling point for the thing and it has the word simulator in its title.

This shouldn't be too hard for an experienced game developer like Asobo to create; it only requires an additional pivot point on a pushback rig in the 3D environment and some better collision detection. And let's not forget that in making this thing, Aerosoft is supposed to be telling Asobo what the SDK needs in terms of that stuff and collaborating with them on it. This is an opportunity to put their money where their mouth is in development terms to make this sim better than previous ones.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury