Sign in to follow this  
chatman

Rumors on World Update 5?

I know Update 4 is not even released but I'm curious if there are rumors (or even solid information) on update 5 (and beyond)?

Thx

CPU: Ryzen 5600 no OC, MB: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: 32GB DDR 3600, GPU: RX6900XT, 2TB SDD, Res: WQHD

Short answer - No.  They should announce news just before or around the release of update 4.  That is the usual way.

As for rumours, they are just that and fairly useless, but people are saying Africa, Asia, or South America should have some love!  

Personally, I would like to see Australia, New Zealand and Oceania get some attention, or continue with Europe, as Southern Europe and Scandinavia are also good candidates.
You never know, if 'other influences' come in to it (if you know what I mean), we may see Russia or the Gulf States pushed up the list. 😀

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

If they stay in Europe (which I don't hope) then I'd like to see Italy.

Including custom modeled Mountains a la Frank Dainese's Dolomiti and Brenta sceneries he did for FSX and X-Plane.

• Like 1

Mars

• Like 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Narnia, or possibly Utopia, in which case I hope they'll include Cloud Cuckooland International Airport.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Caribbean and Mexico need a lot of work.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

12 minutes ago, Chock said:

Narnia, or possibly Utopia, in which case I hope they'll include Cloud Cuckooland International Airport.

Forget utopia, Zootopia is where it's at!

• Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Canada needs a lot of work. 

• Like 6

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Iberia?

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Canada needs a lot of work. 

Nope, my garden needs a lot of work. So much weeds, and the shed must get some paint.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I know I dont gain friends with this, but I would prefer that they first put all efforts into those things we already have and polish the sim in its current state before releasing further world updates. Seriously, unless you start concentrating all your flights on GB only, you wont really profit from the last world update at all, dont you? I mean, I did my first two, three VFR flights in England and Scotland only after the World Update 3 and I was not that much baffled compared to other regions in the world. For those living in the region of the update it is for sure great, but for the rest? Same goes for Japan, I did one single flight over there since the World Update 1. 

However, I struggled and continue to struggle from many scenery issues still present (or even added by one of those World Updates) such as coastline bugs, poor mesh, bad satellite imagery, buggy photogrammetry, missing watermasks, morphing terrain in mountains, buggy snow depiction, no seasonal changes, lod issues and so on. They would better use the full power of their scenery dev team to address those bugs and glitches first... 

But then, that is just my opinion. If they would announce World Update 5 being DE, CH and AT, I would probably change my mind 😉

• Like 4
  • Upvote 5

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

6 minutes ago, AnkH said:

I know I dont gain friends with this, but I would prefer that they first put all efforts into those things we already have and polish the sim in its current state before releasing further world updates. Seriously, unless you start concentrating all your flights on GB only, you wont really profit from the last world update at all, dont you? I mean, I did my first two, three VFR flights in England and Scotland only after the World Update 3 and I was not that much baffled compared to other regions in the world. For those living in the region of the update it is for sure great, but for the rest? Same goes for Japan, I did one single flight over there since the World Update 1. 

However, I struggled and continue to struggle from many scenery issues still present (or even added by one of those World Updates) such as coastline bugs, poor mesh, bad satellite imagery, buggy photogrammetry, missing watermasks, morphing terrain in mountains, buggy snow depiction, no seasonal changes, lod issues and so on. They would better use the full power of their scenery dev team to address those bugs and glitches first... 

But then, that is just my opinion. If they would announce World Update 5 being DE, CH and AT, I would probably change my mind 😉

I do agree with you. My desire for the Caribbean and MX to be updated is related to the issues you listed. I'm far less interested in detailed POI's in Mexico City. In fact, I think stuff like that is pretty small potatoes and should be left to 3PD's.

I think Asobo is probably contractually required to release these regional updates. No update = no paycheck.

• Like 1

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

If I could choose between a „clean-up world update“ and a regular world update I‘d go for the former as well, but I‘m not sure if it works like that in terms of resource management. 

• Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

It might be nothing at all, but did you notice the hidden Dash 8 in Quantas Link livery in FS2020?

WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.13.17.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Packages\fs-base-ui\html_ui\Textures\PlaceHolder\Market\Plane03_Large.png

They've definitely spent time modeling it at least to take the screenshot. Maybe World Update 5 will be Oceania with 1 new aircraft?

NB: was there already since 1.7.12.0, use IOBit Unlocker to open sesame without corrupting your WindowsApps folder.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)