Sign in to follow this  
13ifs40

Is this sim worth it yet?

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Yikes!  Not a good start in a forum where people love the sim in general, as much as we go on about certain deficiencies and bugs! 😀 
And the 'just eye candy' thing is getting a bit tiresome now.

Exactly. Is that even a question? I mean, the whole post pretty much already answers for itself. 😄

And it's not just eye candy - it's also spikes! 😄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

I have been using the MSFS for a couple of days now and used it for some online flying. It works. The other day I joined the the Cross Russia Event on Vatsim and I could do everything necessary with the A320mod. Of course it has still issues that needs to be fixed, A320 and MSFS wise. However, it's stable. I really hope they will work a bit more an the performance side, so the GPU and especially CPU get better charged.

Otherwise, as the other people said, just get the gamepass and try for yourself. I did the same. When it comes to the question if I am gonna buy it? I don't know yet. I'll for sure, but I don't know when. IMHO the sim is already good to use, with all it's issues. What I like about it is that there is huge coverage in freeware airports and I assume that this numbre might grow in the future. The fact that PMDG etc. jumped on the MSFS train, actually confirms my opinion.

So what do you fear? That it might end up like "Flight" or issues won't get fixed and they drop the projects? At least that's my fear, but probably that the most pessimistic mindset one can have. If you think the otherway around and assume that the performance will get better and the good-level aircraft will get released, they yes, go for it.

At this time...Nope!

Richard.

• Like 1

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

How can we determine what is worth what to you OP??

We all share the same brain?

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

21 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

I have been using the MSFS for a couple of days now and used it for some online flying. It works. The other day I joined the the Cross Russia Event on Vatsim and I could do everything necessary with the A320mod. Of course it has still issues that needs to be fixed, A320 and MSFS wise. However, it's stable. I really hope they will work a bit more an the performance side, so the GPU and especially CPU get better charged.

Otherwise, as the other people said, just get the gamepass and try for yourself. I did the same. When it comes to the question if I am gonna buy it? I don't know yet. I'll for sure, but I don't know when. IMHO the sim is already good to use, with all it's issues. What I like about it is that there is huge coverage in freeware airports and I assume that this numbre might grow in the future. The fact that PMDG etc. jumped on the MSFS train, actually confirms my opinion.

So what do you fear? That it might end up like "Flight" or issues won't get fixed and they drop the projects? At least that's my fear, but probably that the most pessimistic mindset one can have. If you think the otherway around and assume that the performance will get better and the good-level aircraft will get released, they yes, go for it.

The Airbus with the FBW stable mod is hit or miss on vatsim. It's still hit or miss with the dev or cfbw version. The only airplane I would realiably fly on Vatsim would be the WT Cj4. That is so predictable and lovely to fly on vatsim. You get your navigraph charts out and plan your SID, STAR and approaches with transitions, and you can program it correctly into the FMC. In the FBW A320 not so much. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

3 hours ago, xender said:

What's the point of the thread then? Seems like you already have your own conclusion on the subject.

Exactly....It amazes me when seeing how many people take the bait for these type of threads.

• Like 1

People need to get over themselves and  stop pretending that they are so far above a  visual experience and can only enjoy the sim if it offers a NASA level simulation of their favourite aircraft.    Firstly, you are probably not that smart that it risks disappointing your intellect.  That is not really what a sim is about anyway.   If you really love flightsimming, then you will love this sim within its current limitations and there is plenty to enjoy with the current aircraft and various mods available.   Use the TBM and do a world tour.  That'll keep you busy for a good while and you will truly see what the sim offers.  There are a number of professional pilots enjoying the sim, so I highly doubt that it isn't good enough for you.

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, ErichB said:

People need to get over themselves and  stop pretending that they are so far above a  visual experience and can only enjoy the sim if it offers a NASA level simulation of their favourite aircraft.    Firstly, you are probably not that smart that it risks disappointing your intellect.  That is not really what a sim is about anyway.   If you really love flightsimming, then you will love this sim within its current limitations and there is plenty to enjoy with the current aircraft and various mods available.   Use the TBM and do a world tour.  That'll keep you busy for a good while and you will truly see what the sim offers.  There are a number of professional pilots enjoying the sim, so I highly doubt that it isn't good enough for you.

What sim has NASA level simulation of aircraft?

• Upvote 1

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

1 minute ago, blueshark747 said:

What sim has NASA level simulation of aircraft?

It's illustrating a point, not a literal statement.  

13 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

Firstly, you are probably not that smart that it risks disappointing your intellect.  That is not really what a sim is about anyway.

You dictate what sims should be about how exactly?

13 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

There are a number of professional pilots enjoying the sim, so I highly doubt that it isn't good enough for you

A professional pilot's enjoyment of a pc game/sim set's what standard for this very broad consumer base exactly?

Edited by blueshark747
  • Upvote 2

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

So many keyboard warriors picking arguments over peoples candid words lately. 

What's the matter with them?  Seems like they just come here just to argue rather than help or comment on the sim. 

Must have poor home lives and come here to 'kick the cat' and try to score points to help their self esteem.  I almost feel sorry for them! :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

4 hours ago, 13ifs40 said:

in my opinion it is just eye candy and lacks functionality

you have answered it allready yourself. You can fly whatever you like

59 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

A professional pilot's enjoyment of a pc game/sim set's what standard for this very broad consumer base exactly?

Yeah I sometimes forget that some people are so far off the spectrum, that nothing will ever please them

1 hour ago, blueshark747 said:

What sim has NASA level simulation

It's a simulation of a globe earth to conceal the flat earth apparently. That must be true, I saw it on youtube 🤣

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here