Sign in to follow this  
Manny

For people who are suffering performance Issue after Update3

I haven't changed any settings in the sim.  I don't use VSYNC.  Before the update, I was getting steady 35fps, limited with Rivatuner.  After the patch, I have dropped 10fps, hovering around 22-25fps now.  Nothing has changed, other than installing the update.

My mods are working title G1000, C208, pushback helper, Navgraph, and Global AI ship traffic.

I've deleted my rolling cache and tried full screen/windowed.  

My GPU and CPU are running at 35% and 56% respectively.  There should be no reason for lower FPS.

I noticed something odd.. When the FPS is taking a hit, I go into the menu to review my graphics settings in game, and even though the game is paused, my mouse is still stuttering as my system is being overloaded.  Perhaps there is something happening in the background that is taxing the PC and wasn't prior?  

Only other programs running are Rex weather force and OnAir Company.

Edited by billkirk888
  • Like 1

I feel for you guys, this time it is not on my plate luckily, knocking on wood. I have read somewhere that using the sim in dev mode could cause problems. Maybe that's a thing to try to turn off Dev mode?

15 minutes ago, billkirk888 said:

There should be no reason for lower FPS

Try uninstalling Global AI Ship Traffic and test.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

What's odd is the CPU and GPU are running about 1/2 capacity and the frames are taking a hit.  My PC has no bottlenecks that I am aware of.  It's using less than half my RAM (14G out of available 32G).  Game runs on an SSD drive with plenty of room.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, edpatino said:

Try uninstalling Global AI Ship Traffic and test.

Cheers, Ed

I'll try uninstalling all of my mods once I am done with this flight and see how it goes.  

Pre-last update from MS, running the Working Title mods and running high to ultra settings. Low level VFR flight very smooth. FPS unknown but rural flying not taxing my modest non-clockable 3.4ghz i7-7000, 1070 rig.

After latest update... All addons removed, low-end system option settings selected (aka FS 5.1), rolling cache deleted flying over generic rural landscape in the default 152...slide show. CPU maxed out, GPU idling at 0%.   

Brian MacMillan

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz-16GB /GTX 1070-8GB/MSI B250M Bazooka  

So... closed MSFS, deleted all mods, restarted with the same results.  Apx. drop of 10fps from pre-update.  CPU/GPU running at about 1/2 capacity.   Ram is the same.

Even in the main start window (selecting plane/dep/arr, etc.) it seems to be laggy even before loading the flight.  Cursor seems to move more slowly, and clicking buttons seems laggy as well.  Something is happening behind the scenes in the core program.  All other games run  fine.  

I should mention I am not running through Steam.

Edited by billkirk888

3 minutes ago, Starlifter60 said:

Pre-last update from MS, running the Working Title mods and running high to ultra settings. Low level VFR flight very smooth. FPS unknown but rural flying not taxing my modest non-clockable 3.4ghz i7-7000, 1070 rig.

After latest update... All addons removed, low-end system option settings selected (aka FS 5.1), rolling cache deleted flying over generic rural landscape in the default 152...slide show. CPU maxed out, GPU idling at 0%.   

Yup definitely the same use case that others are reporting on the MS forums. The devs are looking into it - seemed that one of the issues was a store / game services issues but hopefully it can be corrected soon. 

This is all very odd. I'm guessing it will be a real headache for Asobo to sort out. Because I'm not seeing any FPS degradation at all. Could it be heat and throttling?

Edited by jarmstro

After this update my sim is a stuttery mess. 

I'll load up a flight on the tarmac and it's all smooth. Then after taking off and panning around, it's absolute Stutterfest 2021 for about 30-60 seconds. Then I can fly again for 5 minutes or so, and then it's Stutterfest again. And the cycle keeps repeating. 

I have a suspicion it has something to do with how the sim loads the scenery. Right now it's unusable to me. And it started with the latest update.

I have the Store version of the sim. No V-Sync or frame limit enabled. Runnning with G-Sync active.

Edited by Republic3D

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

29 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

This is all very odd. I'm guessing it will be a real headache for Asobo to sort out. Because I'm not seeing any FPS degradation at all. Could it be heat and throttling?

Interesting you say that - I hear my fan picking up speed (as it is set up to do in BIOS when heat increases), however I monitor my CPU and GPU heat as well with no excessive heat - at least no more than it was prior to the update.  It makes me think something is getting warm, however this wasn't abnormal prior to the update either.  My fan would throttle up and down periodically.  I'm not sure that behavior is different now than it was prior.  

Of course some PC could have thermal issue, I don't think this is it. There is a bug. I experience it once. I don't remember what I did but it went away and now I can't reproduce it. Many users are reporting being stuck at 15fps. 

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.