Sign in to follow this  
robert young

FSX RealAir SF260 is out!

Rob,You definitely have a winner. Thank you very much. I really enjoyed my first couple of flights. The gauges are crisp and fluid and it handles and looks great.Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

I guess I'm doing what you're doing, Larry; my FSX flying consists mainly of 1000 - 5000' GA, except my autogen is one down from the top, with no water and 50% airline traffic. (I actually now run a fan aimed at me for even more immersion. . .) but back to the '260 - I think this is the second aeroplane I 've flown that can get away from you if you're not careful. I just took it up to around 4000', flying a diamond pattern with the bottom point being KSEA, the top being Paine. Georgeous. MUCH better than FS9, even with all the addons. On the way back I began to feel out it's low-speed "character", and discovered that once stalled it needs to be "gentled" out, otherwise it is quite easy to re-develop the stall and then run out of altitude. You do not want to be too near the ground with this one; it's realistically not as predictable as most aeroplanes, and this keeps you on your toes. The new air mass motion and head latency (I've doubled the settings) too, brings with it another new degree of relism. I noticed, too, that the ball moves in the correct direction as one pulls a loop - also which, if not entered with enough speed, or one doesn't pull enough G on the way up - with result in an inverted snap off the top!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Beautiful Aircraft!I've got a couple of questions:1. Is there a way to display the GPS without using the 2D panel?2. If not, is there a command key to display the 2D panel so you don't have to cycle through all the cockpit views?

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

Guest Shalomar

Thanx a lot... :-beerchugFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

>Beautiful Aircraft!>>I've got a couple of questions:>>1. Is there a way to display the GPS without using the 2D>panel?>Shift 2 as I remember, should put the hand-held Garmin above the VC panel.

THANX REALAIR !!!!All your products are amazing.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Bought the upgrade yesterday, unfortunately my CFO caught me in the act and caused a forced landing after about 30 minutes.All I can do is echo the rest of the post and confirm the excellence of this product. I loved it in FS9, and I love it more in FSX. Wonderful job.Ian.

It's very rare that an addon aircraft thread will read all positive. The only negative comments are with FSX, not the aircraft. That speaks volumes about the quality of this addon and simmers appreciation for good work. Great job RealAir!

Hi,I just bought the upgrade version for fsx cause i already had the SF260 2004 version.But i haven't got fs2004 installed anymore. So i must first install the 2004 version in fsx. How do you do that properly?Thanks.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

>I wasn't trying to be unfair. I am pointing out that every>FSX payware aircraft (updated or created specifically for FSX)>I own will not show the landing lights in the VC view with the>exception of the default aircraft. Until the SF260. >>I'm not a developer nor a modeler; I are a customer. :) And>all I know is that I can see the darn runway at night from the>VC panel because the landing lights are ON. I don't care if>they cheated or faked it; it just works for the SF260! With>animals running around in FSX now, it is a much safer landing>in the VC view. LOL. And Happy Holidays Bill. Thanks.OK, Bob... fair enough with clarification. It just seemed at first to be a (perhaps unintentional) swipe at other developers.I simply wished to clarify the real issue facing all developers. The simple fact is that the vast majority of FS models have been developed in GMax, and that until just a few short weeks ago, the export tools for GMax were unavailable. This of course forced all those who updated their products to be "FSX compatible" to use the FS9 SDK's compiler.Now that the full suite of FSX development tools are available, expect to see further updates to many products as they are morphed from being merely "compatible" to become fully "compliant..." :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Our very elegant installer software cleverly does all sorts of things to check that you are a past bone fide RealAir SF260 customer, and that goes beyond having a currently installed aircraft. I want to assure people that trying to install an upgrade when you never had the original will not work!Eric, I think I have already e-mailed you on this issue.Best Wishes,Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Eric,Our e-mails to you are bouncing back from your server. Are you using spam filtering? If so please remove it!Please contact us and provide either an alternative e-mail or let me know how I can contact you.Thanks.Rob Young - RealAir

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

I've got a KFC-225 autopilot question. On approach after I disengage the NAV hold ROL appears in the roll mode annunciator and I'm unable to turn the aircraft without disengaging the Auto Pilot. Is there a way to clear ROL so the AP will maintain altitude but allow me to make turns?

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.