Sign in to follow this  
Noel

3/9/21 Update: major, variable persisting fps drops?

March 9 Update: significant performance issues post update?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Have you experienced variable and persistent big drops in frame rate not typically occuring prior to the update?

• Yes, and it's still happening as of March 14th or later
    • Yes, but it's completely resolved as of March 14th or later
    • No, I've not had any performance anomalies as described post-update

Just curious what percentage of users this has impacted.  I've been very vocal about how trouble-free MSFS has been for me since day 1, but this one brought in random, sudden fps drops, and I'm vsynced to 30hz.

• Like 6

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I voted and yes, I have also framedrops. 

But a thread with fps drops in its title will attract me, when I have fps drops. Otherwise I would not pay attention. 

Just to make it clear, what result you will get here with this poll. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thought i had cracked it, but sadly back again. all was good for the first part of the flight, then the sudden drop GPU to idle.. and fps 13-18. lasted a good 4-5minutes, but cleared again and no issues on approach or landing.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I have voted no because I don't have them in a way others describe. I have such a drop at EGLC when i look to the west (GPU comes to a halt), when I look east everything normalizes. But this was worse a few weeks ago before I upgraded my system (from 6700K to 3600XT). In sept/oct. I had something similar at high alt in clouds (10 fps and a resting GPU) during a long period of time. So I am not unfamiliar with this and it's not a completely new phenomenon it seems.

How can I vote on something that has not been released?

Cheers :)

N.-

10 minutes ago, neucoas said:

How can I vote on something that has not been released?

Perhaps because what is being voted upon already has been released (and the poll responses clearly indicate the date in question is US format)?

Edited by Sigwolf
  • Like 1

Strikes me most everyone is affected to some extent.  I shot an approach into a local Texas airport under IFR conditions using REX weather and it was awful.  So today (a day or so later) I reset the sim to defaults and ran again using the sim weather, not the REX and although certainly not a cure it was hugely better. 

I'm also vsynched at 60 FPS.  But I do hope they can roll back whatever it is that made it generally worse rather than better, for me at least

It is indeed a mess.  Some of us were chatting about this on WTs discord this morning.  So I took a drone up around EGCC at 1000 agl (approx) and just spun it in circles and watched fps.  40 fps main thread limit, then every min or so.... 16-24 fps main thread limit in red.... then back up to 40.  No clue.

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I would like to know where the people are flying that have not experienced these sudden drops in fps and gpu tanking. For me it doesnt matter whether your at 300 ft or 39000 ft the results are the same. The problem is location specific because I can go back repeatedly and get the same result with or without anything in my community folder. I fly mostly in the USA and since the last update its a complete mess.

• Like 3

System Intel core I9-10900.Asus prime Z490P motherboard, Corsair 32gb ddr4 dram, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD and 1 TB Seagate Barracuda HD. Zotac GE force RTX 2080 Super  750 Watt power supply, Windows 10 Pro, Honeycomb yoke and Bravo,Thrustmaster pedals

Many people are having this issue.  Create a ticket with Zendesk.  The more tickets created, the more they will realize how many folks are affected.

• Like 1

I never had any performance issues with any version of MSFS since its launch last year until this very last version.  Now I get solid frame rates in the 40's but stutters galore even though my frames don't dip.  The stutters happen anywhere and everywhere and the issue seems randomized.  I am also suffering from the blackout Garmins since this last version update.

Dennis

• Like 1

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Your wording in the survey  is off but ill vote that the bug is present and has been present since the UK update. The problem just seems to have expanded more since the Sim update

Ive always flown with either rivatuner or "since February" Radeon performance monitor giving me system performance info during my flights and i noticed the gpu fallout from 100% to 0/5/30/60/80 or whatever random number it pulls it down to accompanied with stutters since that update.

I had also moved to vsync locked at 30 after that update to handle the tearing which was fine as the sim would still go above the 30.

Post the sim update 3 i had an even worse performance hit. But someone mentioned about moving the Vsync lock from 30 to 60 and i tried it and it worked. It however has not fixed the gpu fallout problem from the UK update. Which is what everyone is noticing now so in essence yes im affected.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Generally experiencing very smooth performance with good fps until the stutters set in. At that point the CPU starts to take a beating and the GPU takes a nap while fps drop. After a minute or two, things stabilize and smooth performance returns. This cycle keeps repeating.

Edited by Barnes
  • Like 2

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

I got bit bad tonight (I have been off and on but not as bad as tonight)…Flying into LIRQ with a custom airport bought through the marketplace and it was a major stutter fest all the way down on final. The issue is not memory related…When I got to the gate the stutter disappeared. So I went to drone camera…when I went out to the runway the major stutters appeared - when I went back to the gate they disappeared…and so on and so on. It looks like according to the dev mode it was the manipulators (whatever that means).   This is an airport I have flown into without issue previously with the exact same settings prior to the last update....

Once again a disaster filled update…

No prior ones were disasters for me, but this one has been for sure.  My guess is they will pinpoint the cause and have a hot fix within a day or two because it's affecting so many and is traceable to the one update. 

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X