Sign in to follow this  
tup61

Fear of flying...

Anyone else here who has gotten fear of flying with MSFS...? I often find myself longing to jump in an aircraft and enjoy the views but more and more I notice I fear to start up MSFS... because I am afraid it will lock up, CTD, reboot the PC, not do what I want it to do. Or whatever. Really. Like this evening I planned to fly and enjoy a beautiful sunset but when I hovered my mouse over the MSFS-icon I (seriously!) thought 'This was a fine day... do I dare to ruin it...? Should I gamble and give it a shot....? What will happen?' and in the end I chose the easy way and played ETS2. I felt bad about it, really... I am serious here. Anyone else regocnizes this?

PS Made me think about this great golden oldie btw (which comes to show every cloud has a silver lining. Even an MSFS-cloud. 😉 )

Edited by tup61
  • Like 3

Seriously, some of you guys need a break from this hobby...

• Like 11
  • Upvote 4

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

Whilst I agree that it's frustrating when these things don't work, that doesn't sound very healthy to be honest..

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Not so much a fear of flying but rather;

Before each flight; "Here we go then, what bloody nonsense are we going to have this time," sort of feeling.

Very like the real thing really.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Paladin2005 said:

Seriously, some of you guys need a break from this hobby...

I concur 😂😂😂😂

Same as Cheese.

If you are not in the mood for being let down by something unexpected I would take a break and do something else. Especially right now with a few bugs left to deal with.

• Like 1

Until I installed the CTD Vaccine, i felt that way too. Not anymore. All flights are great. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I finally did my Arrow flight and vram was upto 95% at landing, it's not a relaxing flight knowing that 2 out of 3 flights will CTD add to that trying to complete Career modes. In the other sim no matter what I fly or through at it or how long the sim remains steady at 55% vram

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Not so much a fear of flying but rather;

Before each flight; "Here we go then, what bloody nonsense are we going to have this time," sort of feeling.

Very like the real thing really.

Tried to do a nice relacing 1 hour flight out in some Pacific islands last night....circling in the pattern at the destination....  Video drivers timed out.  Sigh.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

18 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

I finally did my Arrow flight and vram was upto 95% at landing, it's not a relaxing flight knowing that 2 out of 3 flights will CTD add to that trying to complete Career modes. In the other sim no matter what I fly or through at it or how long the sim remains steady at 55% vram

What settings and rez are you running?

Chris Camp

21 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

Tried to do a nice "relacing" 1 hour flight out in some Pacific islands last night....circling in the pattern at the destination....  Video drivers timed out.  Sigh.

What does relacing mean?

Is that a new procedure or a TYPO? These details are rather important you know.

If we're to help and advise.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

32 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

What settings and rez are you running?

It's custom, imagine selecting high settings but then I lowering a few to medium like shadown maps, terrain, depth of field ect. I think though that I pay the price for going 3440. Right now I'm parked with a 172 with GPU at 98% and vram at 89%. That's crazy.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

I'm just at the point where I won't use the Sim until I see some positive posts about adobo rectifying the issue, no point 

Edited by Jetman67

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

This is why I have many hobbies and projects on the go. My pc even allows me to install multiple programs, so if I am afraid of playing the wrong chord when recording in my DAW, I can take out my angst by hammering a quarter panel on my project car. Zen 

• Like 1