Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

And I was hoping Tree Distance addressed with 1.14.6.0

Can we just be happy today with the perfornace fix.....To much to ask as normal.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 7

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

23 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Several existing mods have already clearly shown that you can easily increase tree draw distance without any noticable impact on performance. So your statement is fully wrong...

Yeah and crash your sim at the same time. I stay away from mods as much as possible. But keep blaming Asobo for your own experiments.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Can we just be happy today with the perfornace fix

Come on now, this is Avsim.   You should know better than that.  🙂

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Yeah and crash your sim at the same time. I stay away from mods as much as possible. But keep blaming Asobo for your own experiments.

Please.  You don't know what you are talking about.  No tree mod has ever been traced to crash the sim or been suspected of it.  There is even a popular commercial mod on sale that has done quite well, with no complaints. 

Also, it didn't affect performance when installed, and there was no performance gain when it got neutered by Asobo.  Best just not to comment on it if you don't know the facts or if you never tried it for yourself.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 5

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

Guess their going to make us wait for SU4 in July to address something that wasn't broke before SU3.  Really getting ticked with this.😖

You sure the FSBlog Tree Mod is indeed broken?

I left it in my community folder and I don't see any issues with my scenery looking empty.

I see plenty of full lush patches of trees everywhere, what should I be looking for?

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Please.  You don't know what you are talking about.  No tree mod has ever been traced to crash the sim or been suspected of it.  There is even a popular commercial mod on sale that has done quite well, with no complaints. 

Also, it didn't affect performance when installed, and there was no performance gain when it got neutered by Asobo.  Best just not to comment on it if you don't know the facts or if you never tried it for yourself.

I have bookmarked this tread waiting for sim update 4 to happen. 

The distance LOD is still warped, but I'll take a working sim over a broken one an day of the week. 😀

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Good old Dillon.

Always there - ready with the diss.

I wish the weather in the sim was as predictable as you old friend. X

I nearly choked on my beer reading this in light of your recent posting history! 👀😁

Tongue out of cheek, Dillon's right. The LoD is still far lower than it was prior to the last world update. Or was it the last sim update? I forget. Anyway, the LoD is noticeably reduced, as is the tree drawing distance with or without the three well-known mods.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

In one episode I believe Matias? said they were able to maintain current tree size and quantity with a 1/4 resource decrease. If so, I am sure they will soon give us more trees. 

This update seems to be an excellent thread optimization in preparation for adding more eye candy

Edited by OneOfMany
  • Like 1

This update increased the performance on my system which allows me to push manual LOD in config file even further.

dSc9Jq3.png

• Like 3

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

3 hours ago, BijanStudio said:

This update increased the performance on my system which allows me to push manual LOD in config file even further.

I have to agree with you. Increasing the LOD with the sim running better helps.  It's not where it was before SU3 but it's a little better.  Thanks for sharing this.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

It depends a lot on where you fly, in areas that are flat you see the deterioration clearly, less in mountainous areas, in Sweden where I fly it looks terrible as the maps are very old and bad, the tree limit on LOD is no more than 5nm, it was 10nm before the patch with the mod.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I'm not seeing ANY trees in the Atlantic, fIxOr tEh tReeZ

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

5 hours ago, BijanStudio said:

dSc9Jq3.png

So we take out the tree fix from your product (4 seasons in my case)

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

My advice: don't alter anything in the trees, it's quite OK now as it comes from Bijan.

I did several flights before and after the hotfix, and even with the "normal" maximum LOD setting of 200 trees are drawn far enough that I don't need more. Chock's screenshot showed it. At the end you want to have some FPS reserve for heavy PG cities or airports flying the FBW A320.

Aside froms some small infrequent pauses (hey, we old simmers are accustomed to this, aren't we?) it runs nicely now.

My greatest annoyances now are the cartoonish sunset colors with orange colored haze and the apron workers with taht didiculous pushback cart that don't step aside when I start taxiing. How many of them have I killed...🤣