Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

France & Benelux World Update (1.15.7.0) is now live!

4 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Please define SLOOOOOOOW. 

Grand total (Store + In-game) of 23.5GB took 31 minutes for me - and that includes the decrompressing of all the downloaded (182?) files, not bad at all - in my opinion.

Thats fine by the way, mine would go 2 to 3 hours 😏

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

@Dominique_K Jayne just talked about the packages and logbook issues in the forums.

The Packages out of Date error should be resolved with today’s update. The logbook hours disappearing is still being investigated as noted before.

I am also allowing the devs to speak on this subject during the Q&A today - not sure if they will be able to say much more either but we know it is a frustrating issue and can assure you we are taking it seriously.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/not-a-word-on-the-log-book-packages-missing-issue-in-the-wu-release-notes/390319/6

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, dmvega81 said:

I was part of beta testers,

I know you are not a liberty to discuss but it would be great to hear how the beta testing went. For example, were any bugs caught by the Beta Team and did Asobo act on the feedback from Beta Team to eliminate bugs? 

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

6 minutes ago, dmvega81 said:

I was part of beta testers, and all I can say is that I really hope the sim behaves the same way as in Beta... many of us (testers) noticed a really good improvement in smoothness (almost no stutters) and performance, I don't not know if we were on a different server and the load was low or it was something Asobo changed, but the feedback in general was very positive, and yes, trees LOD is improved.

Excellent!  We will see then.  Thanks for the feedback! 

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 minute ago, RaptyrOne said:

I know you are not a liberty to discuss but it would be great to hear how the beta testing went. For example, were any bugs caught by the Beta Team and did Asobo act on the feedback from Beta Team to eliminate bugs? 

While we cannot be more specific, we did catch a few major bugs that were fixed either in the beta itself or today's live build. The community managers were very responsive throughout the whole process.

• Like 24
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

While we cannot be more specific, we did catch a few major bugs that were fixed either in the beta itself or today's live build. The community managers were very responsive throughout the whole process.

This is very encouraging. Thanks for the insight. Bodes well for the Beta program’s future.

• Like 3

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

2 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

This is why we need an "opt in" beta, that was promised for Update #9. Well, I hope Asobo answers the question about the "opt in" beta in today's Twitch Q&A.

• Like 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I started the game and only saw a 16 GB update which is installing now. Is there another update much smaller?  It says Release Notes 1.14.6.0  I thought that was the last update??

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

24 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Here's the new KLM Livery, just the thumbnail I haven't finished updating yet.

That blue is not finding my favor.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

I started the game and only saw a 16 GB update which is installing now. Is there another update much smaller? 

Steam or MS? I am on Steam. I had a roughly 470MB update in Steam. Then sim started and 22.22GB update there. Has Paris image in the background.

GregH

Sorry if this has been answered before but is there still a need to clear the Community folder before these updates?

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Just now, RaptyrOne said:

Steam or MS? I am on Steam. I had a roughly 470MB update in Steam. Then sim started and 22.22GB update there. Has Paris image in the background.

MS store for me. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Tom Wright said:

Sorry if this has been answered before but is there still a need to clear the Community folder before these updates?

No. But as always, if there are oddities in the sin after updating, that should be where you look first.

Edited by RaptyrOne
  • Like 2

GregH