Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

A new "present" from ASOBO: hitting Escape/Resume...

1 hour ago, bean_sprout said:

On the other hand things change.

bs

And that's why good devs and PMs change with them

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Arrogance - sheesh!

Regards

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Arrogance - sheesh!

Regards

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Arrogance - sheesh!

Regards

bs

I believe you mean extensive experience and subject knowledge.

• Upvote 1

I have this problem too, at the moment, if I need to use esc, I'm trying to rember to execute a back to forward travel of the axes, when back in flight, to reset the position.......

Very annoying.

1 hour ago, PuffeB said:

Good news. I got an email from MS zendesk support regarding my bug report. Status: Solved. I hope that we have a patch real soon.

I hope that this URL works: https://pasteboard.co/JXWT0J2.jpg

All that means is that the ZenDesk people entered it into the Asobo bug tracker.  It doesn't mean they have or will fix anything. 

• Like 2

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

2 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

All that means is that the ZenDesk people entered it into the Asobo bug tracker.  It doesn't mean they have or will fix anything. 

Guess the beta testers missed this one..😉

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

On 4/16/2021 at 7:35 PM, Gazzareth said:

Their programmers must be on crack!!

I know or assume, that this is just a figure of speech, but the "crack" is the most efficient part of the problem which is "cracking" something with every update.

For me, after the last update, I found that suddenly (again) I went from a 7 minute load of the programme to 18 minutes.  This necessitated going through the Community folder (Again) to try to sort out the problem.  I do not understand why this occurs because I routinely remove the WORKING community folder before the update and then copy it back in. After nearly a days work trying, in vain, to sort it all out, I just decided to go with it for the time being because of the community outcry and the impending hot fix.

I then noticed that flying from YPPH to YPKG (default scenery) and using the Citation Longtitude,  my FPS was down from a usual 45-50FPS on this flight, to 10FPS (main thread).  I also noticed that three times during the flight there was an uncommanded spoilers up.  I have this function mapped to a Saitek throttle quadrant, and it was not touched until on approach to reduce speed. More time spent futilely trying to sort this out.

Then the hotfix was released.  I thought "you little beauty", so I fired up MSFS and no update.  I have done this at least once a day since release and I am still waiting for the mandatory update notification. I even tried to go to the Marketplace to try to find a manual download but to no avail.  There is absolutely no indication that there is a MSFS download. Candy Crush has an update which is as useful to me as the world updates (see below)

With regard to the World updates, I am wondering if it is possible to identify them specifically in the Community or Official folder and delete them ... I only fly in Australia so it is simply elongating the load times for no purpose (for me) 

To sum up, the last update has created nearly two full days to try to sort out and I have really achieved nothing.  

I do not know what Asobo or MS have to do, but this nonsense simply has to stop. I know we now have 300 beta testers, who have either utterly failed in their testing duties, or Asobo have completely ignored their input (as they allegedly did before the initial release) I also note that they have said that they will not repeat their beta testers selection process.  I am assuming that this is lip service only because there is no indication that they have, or intend to, fire/d the current testers and called for new applicants.  This actually leads me to the belief that they are simply ignoring any input from the testers, who, (quite rightly LOL) have nowhere near the experience required to sabotage the updates as efficiently as Asobo or MS (whoever is responsible) 

I do not know either, whether I am the "norm" but I have not purchased a single addon for MSFS since release, but I have purchased three aircraft and Xenviro for XPlane and two aircraft for P3D in the last couple of months. I would like to add that I really do love this programme (when it works properly) but for the people who do not, it is very easy to understand why they would abandon MSFS 2020.

I am seriously thinking of just not using it for a while and hope that my enthusiasm rebuilds.

Regards

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

57 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Guess the beta testers missed this one..😉

Not going to make fun of anyone who was willing to put in their time on the Beta test.

It's on MS/Asobo to release a working product.

As far as I can tell they said "Ship it" anyway and picked 2 things to hotfix (instead of delaying the release) and otherwise we can wait until the combined WU5/SU4 for any more fixes.  And for a new set of things broken by Asobo.

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 4

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals