Sign in to follow this  
Aristoteles

Never thought I´d say this...

11 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

What BS...

You think I'm lying when I say I don't get random CTD's? I can assure you that I do not.

• Like 1

I have not had any serious issues other than a lost log book. I do tend to avoid known issues, for example I am not flying the Rob Young Bonanza with the WT G1000 as it is known to be a bugged combo, and I avoid any airfields known to cause a CTD (rather than going there to "have a look") ---   

---- but I suspect in reality I am just one of the lucky ones who is fortunate to miss the bullet.

The biggest problem here is the issues are seemingly random with some people being fine and others having no end of issues.  For example in a stream last night the streamer himself and about 1/4 of the participants had the multiplayer stutter bug.  Some of those people were able to fix the stutter by going to dev mode and swapping aircraft, others seemed stuck with the stutters, meanwhile the rest of us were flying fine.  Go figure.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

18 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Personally I don't think we are going to be in a good place with stability/performance until about a year after the DX12 update.

This is something I am personally dreading.  If P3D had so many problems with going from DX11 to DX12 and given the incessant problems with each update, can you just imagine the "hash" MS/Asobo will make of this.

We are, as stated here, nine months into this platform and there is absolutely no end in sight yet for the self inflicted problems that the original Devs have created for simmers, gamers, 3PDs and all consumers generally. 

I would dearly love the team at Asobo to forget about the world updates and their inherent problems and just concentrate on fixing what we have.  I reckon that that, has to be a 12 month project in itself.  

Tony

• Upvote 2

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

22 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

You think I'm lying when I say I don't get random CTD's? I can assure you that I do not.

Same here. The OP claims to have 6 CTD's in a row? I've maybe had 6 since launch day...

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

24 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

I would dearly love the team at Asobo to forget about the world updates and their inherent problems and just concentrate on fixing what we have. 

Whilst I agree that sacking all the graphic artists and 3D modellers working on scenery etc and using the money saved to hire more code developers to address the core bugs may seem desirable in the short term, I doubt long term that would work out all that well for them.   Aside from which by the time you gave all those artists redundancies there would be very little cash left to hire more code people anyway.

I suppose the alternative is send the graphic artists currently doing World Updates back to school to learn programming, but you are looking at a minimum of 3 years for any sort of reasonable programming degree.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Whilst I agree that sacking all the graphic artists and 3D modellers working on scenery etc and using the money saved to hire more code developers to address the core bugs may seem desirable in the short term, I doubt long term that would go at all well long term.   Aside from which by the time you gave all those artists redundancies there would be very little cash left to hire more code people anyway.

I am talking short term ... well, about twelve months in order to fix the core sim.  Plus we do not know if the graphic artists and 3D modellers are not part of the problem and they could be utilized fixing their part of the sim.  

I know what you are getting at, but if they keep releasing troublesome updates which are breaking the core sim, it does not really matter who it is causing the faults.  The whole system really should be reviewed before they lose their entire market and support base.

It really is very sad to see a couple of threads started today from people who were previously gung ho about it all (and I include me in that list) who are talking about hanging up their hats.  What is happening with the core "don't really give a word not allowed and impatient simmers" who must be leaving in droves with all this nonsense going on.  

In the last week I have gone from daily flights in MSFS, XPlane11 and P3D to just flying XPlane 11 and P3D.  I will continue doing this until I see some demonstrative fixes being reflected in this forum.  I am just having performance issues, after almost two days of sorting out my previously working Community folder, and not suffering any CTDs at all.  For the people who are inflicted with both of these issues and more, I feel for them. 

I also say good luck to all who have no problems, and I acknowledge that there are many of them. For myself, (one with fairly small patience virtues), just having to spend hours trying to sort out my platform, after every update, be it, world or sim, patch, or hotfix. (without exception)  is frustrating in itself . Having to contend with 10FPS using default aircraft and default scenery, one starts to question why he is here in the first place.  

However, like most, I am a plodder and will persevere, but only when I see some positive improvement.

MSFS and Asobo are not doing themselves or the community any favours.

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Let's be honest:

The majority of folks who complain about CTDs are not willing to do the work required to troubleshoot the problem, for example, by posting the relevant entries in the Windows Event Viewer Log, "googling" error messages, making screenshots and/or short video, posting coordinates, testing out mods, etc.

Doing the work required leads to results; talking about the problem, complaining about Asobo just leads to an endless cycle of complaints.

JMHO

47 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Let's be honest:

The majority of folks who complain about CTDs are not willing to do the work required to troubleshoot the problem, for example, by posting the relevant entries in the Windows Event Viewer Log, "googling" error messages, making screenshots and/or short video, posting coordinates, testing out mods, etc.

Doing the work required leads to results; talking about the problem, complaining about Asobo just leads to an endless cycle of complaints.

JMHO

In other words, spend more time troubleshooting flawed software than enjoying the sim for its intended purpose. That's what we paid $120 for, right?

It's amazing just how low the bar is allowed to be for this product. I can't think of any other AAA title that runs this inconsistently across it's userbase, while also seeing a decline in performance with each update. It's ridiculous. Those of you who reply with the likes of "Well I have 10,000 hours without a single stutter or CTD" are no help at all. Nor are those who say "try wiping your hard drive, reinstalling Windows, reinstalling MSFS to various drives, not using your peripherals, rewiring your PC, and having a kidney transplant and report back". 

Yes, MSFS has massive potential but more than not being realized, it's stepping backwards with each update, and the users and their hardware are not the problem. There are two CPU manufacturers and two GPU manufacturers, and MS/Asobo need to step up and make their software work with their products just like every other AAA works. You guys complaining about the complaints and saying MSFS runs perfect for you are far more annoying than the users venting their frustrations and looking for help. Never had a stutter or CTD? Good for you. No need to rub it in for those of us who are constantly being frustrated by this sim.

Edited by Jeeper
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 5

25 minutes ago, Jeeper said:

Yes, MSFS has massive potential but more than not being realized, it's stepping backwards with each update, and the users and their hardware are not the problem. There are two CPU manufacturers and two GPU manufacturers, and MS/Asobo need to step up and make their software work with their products just like every other AAA works. You guys complaining about the complaints and saying MSFS runs perfect for you are far more annoying than the users venting their frustrations and looking for help. Never had a stutter or CTD? Good for you. No need to rub it in for those of us who are constantly being frustrated by this sim.

Nobody is rubbing it in when pointing out they have no problem in this regard, they are highlighting the patently obvious flaw in a claim that it is definitely the software at fault when there are people with no problems. Doing this and expanding on it with helpful suggestions is far more useful than platitudinous posts which simply nod and add: 'yeah, you're right mate, Asobo sucks', with the negative catalyst of making people not persevere with trying to determine what their equipment issue might be.

So it is far from rubbing it in, it is in the hopes that some with issues might gain the impetus to have another look at their system and their settings, in order to eliminate all possibilities before simply going off on a rant about the thing not working. Obviously it's frustrating to have an issue you are finding hard to pin down, and it can sometimes be so annoying that you miss the obvious too, which is an entirely human flaw we can all fall foul of when flummoxed. Claiming it is 'definitely the fault of the software' so clearly flies in the face of logic when evidenced by the fact that lots of people are running the thing without issues and are trying to help with this by joining in the discussion.

For example, I am not having problems with the sim running, and will point out that I'm one of the people who uses an ATI GPU (RX 480 8GB DDR4), so this hardware can't be the problem, but it might potentially be the problem if it was running a specific version of the Radeon software and we might then get to the bottom of things by me having posted that mine was going okay on such-and-such a version of the drivers. If it would have been problematic to run the sim, I would have tried all these avenues and swapping the GPU out for a different one, to see if that was the case before unequivocally stating the software was at fault.

So if you think offering suggestions such as this is rubbing things in, you are completely incorrect, and in any case you may feel free to ignore them if you wish, but if you are annoyed by such attempts to encourage people to get to the bottom of things, then that's on you.

• Like 10

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Let's be honest:

JMHO

here is an event log. Tell us whats wrong and how to fix it.  BTW 99% of them look exactly like this. 

FlightSimulator.exe
      60783c14
      FlightSimulator.exe
      60783c14
      c0000005
      000000000016df8a
      32c0
      01d733b9913ecb9f
      C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
      C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
      75aa2230-fd75-4b72-a076-4c789d5ceee3
      Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
      App
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Jeeper said:

I can't think of any other AAA title that runs this inconsistently across it's userbase,

In the history of AAA gaming there are plenty of examples of AAA titles that ran EXTREMELY inconsistently across its user base. For example, Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl comes to mind. It pretty much took years to iron out all the bugs, and, to be honest, Stalker became playable only after the modding community fixed it. In contrast, I find MSFS remarkably trouble free to run even on modest hardware.

1 hour ago, Jeeper said:

while also seeing a decline in performance with each update

I see no decline in performance on my system.

1 hour ago, Jeeper said:

MSFS ... it's stepping backwards with each update.

An extremely exxagerated claim (to put it mildly).

1 hour ago, Jeeper said:

MS/Asobo need to step up and make their software work with their products just like every other AAA works.

MSFS 2020 works just fine with my 6-year old AMD card.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chock said:

Nobody is rubbing it in when pointing out they have no problem in this regard, they are highlighting the patently obvious flaw in a claim that it is definitely the software at fault when there are people with no problems. Doing this and expanding on it with helpful suggestions is far more useful than platitudinous posts which simply nod and add: 'yeah, you're right mate, Asobo sucks', with the negative catalyst of making people not persevere with trying to determine what their equipment issue might be.

So it is far from rubbing it in, it is in the hopes that some with issues might gain the impetus to have another look at their system and their settings, in order to eliminate all possibilities before simply going off on a rant about the thing not working. Obviously it's frustrating to have an issue you are finding hard to pin down, and it can sometimes be so annoying that you miss the obvious too, which is an entirely human flaw we can all fall foul of when flummoxed. Claiming it is 'definitely the fault of the software' so clearly flies in the face of logic when evidenced by the fact that lots of people are running the thing without issues and are trying to help with this by joining in the discussion.

For example, I am not having problems with the sim running, and will point out that I'm one of the people who uses an ATI GPU (RX 480 8GB DDR4), so this hardware can't be the problem, but it might potentially be the problem if it was running a specific version of the Radeon software and we might then get to the bottom of things by me having posted that mine was going okay on such-and-such a version of the drivers. If it would have been problematic to run the sim, I would have tried all these avenues and swapping the GPU out for a different one, to see if that was the case before unequivocally stating the software was at fault.

So if you think offering suggestions such as this is rubbing things in, you are completely incorrect, and in any case you may feel free to ignore them if you wish, but if you are annoyed by such attempts to encourage people to get to the bottom of things, then that's on you.

I'm not talking about replies like yours. I'm talking about the other replies that offer nothing more than "Everything works A-OK for me". 

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

In the history of AAA gaming there are plenty of examples of AAA titles that ran EXTREMELY inconsistently across its user base. For example, Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl comes to mind. It pretty much took years to iron out all the bugs, and, to be honest, Stalker became playable only after the modding community fixed it. In contrast, I find MSFS remarkably trouble free to run even on modest hardware.

I see no decline in performance on my system.

An extremely exxagerated claim (to put it mildly).

MSFS 2020 works just fine with my 6-year old AMD card.

Good for you. And thank you for proving my point. 

• Like 1

So the op said he was getting ctd with a vanilla system and nothing in the community folder, then he said he was using navigraph. That right there is the problem. I've had ctd with navigraph and I'm not the only one. After removing navigraph no more ctd. It was even in their forums that it causes ctd. This is not the first time this has happened with navigraph 

Cero CTD on my side, pretty stable, no stutters, and my equipment is 5 years old.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo