Sign in to follow this  
Aristoteles

Never thought I´d say this...

1 hour ago, Pastaiolo said:

There is a difference between asking the community about something with the goal of solving the issue, and just making a topic about someone's leaving because of X. The first type of topic is helpful and engages the community in a discussion, the second doesn't.

I honestly get where you are coming from.

The overly dramatic attention hungry way of making a thread expressing" ohh goodbye cruel world..I'm done with this sim" titles can be pretty cringey.

Luckily there are some users who actually have the understanding, compassion and empathy to see this as a desperate cry for technical help.

I do get your point though....its overly dramatic and simply asking for help is a better way to go about things dealing with adults.

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 4

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

For what it’s worth, I never stated that the vast majority of users are having problems. What I said, was that the developer has a responsibility to ensure that the vast majority of users are able to run the sim without issues. These are not the same thing.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 3

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Just now, PilotPete99 said:

That’s rather funny, I didn’t put a “silly” percentage on anything. I used those percentages as example. I don’t recall starting a fight with you, but as I stated earlier, you seem to be offended. You are as clueless as I am as to how many users are experiencing issues, so please don’t assert that you know more than you do. 

Cheers, Pete

Am not starting anything with you its you stating its like its a fact that "the vast majority of users" and how many time have you ask for % or asked for them, lol. I dont know more than you or make out that I do. But I dont come out claiming the "the vast majority of users" are having problems, you did that and as you said its just your  "assumption" and thats all it is your "assumption" with nothing to back that up. 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

4 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Am not starting anything with you its you stating its like its a fact that "the vast majority of users" and how many time have you ask for % or asked for them, lol. I dont know more than you or make out that I do. But I dont come out claiming the "the vast majority of users" are having problems, you did that and as you said its just your  "assumption" and thats all it is your "assumption" with nothing to back that up. 

Okay, let’s just agree to disagree. I have a background in economics and accounting, and I am obsessed with statistics. Just like political polling, you take a small sample size and distribute to a larger population. I don’t even have CTD’s at all. I do have stutters, however. Again, I am not testifying under oath as a participant of this forum. You can read and absorb just as I can, and clearly there are far more users having issues than just a small minority. Let’s just leave it at that.

Cheers, Pete

47 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

It is not at all helpful to respond to other folk’s issues by mentioning how great your sim is running, or how we should try tinkering with our settings. The sim should perform appropriately with little intervention from the users.

Yes, but this is the point many people are making. Intervention from users includes throwing add-ons at it, then having done so, wondering why the sim has issues then claim it's broken and slag off Asobo when the issue is nothing to do with Asobo.

Asobo have screwed up some stuff for sure, but the fact that the sim can and does run without problems for many people, strongly indicates that it is a user issue when someone is having problems.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 6

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 minute ago, Chock said:

Asobo have screwed up some stuff for sure, but the fact that the sim can and does run without problems for many people, strongly indicates that it is a user issue when someone is having problems.

It's run quite well overall but I still get some odd FPS drops--odd in that I have ample headroom in the main thread as well as GPU.  CTD almost never--maybe 2 or 3 since product release.  One giant issue is indeed the hardware, and overclocked hardware in particular, with regard to CTD.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 minute ago, Chock said:

Yes, but this is the point many people are making. Intervention from users includes throwing add-ons at it, then having done so, wondering why the sim has issues then claim it's broken and slag off Asobo when the issue is nothing to do with Asobo.

I don’t disagree with that, but if the sim can’t do well with addons, it may be representative of a larger issue. As nice as MSFS looks out of the box, many users will never be satisfied without their favorite addons.

Cheers, Pete

9 minutes ago, Chock said:

There are many people that have removed all add ons and are still having issues. How do you explain that?

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

There are many people that have removed all add ons and are still having issues. How do you explain that?

After you've thrown a spanner in to the works it's usually a waste of time removing it as the damage is already done.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

As for people having CTD, I really do feel sorry for you. Also think posting " I never have them" and no surgestions on how to fix is totaly unhelpfull to say the least.

Words of wisdom.

CTDs are a sad reality for a lot of simmers, including me. It is not by chance that this subject occupies the first place (104,000 views on the MS forum) in terms of bugs and issues. I haven't used MSFS for months without one in two flights ending prematurely. And I've been trying to find the cause for months, so I fully understand and share the OP's frustration and discouragement.

To say that the problem is only due to the hardware and not the software is infinitely stupid. The problem comes from a combination of the two which only appears on some machines. And it is the duty of MS / ASOBO to find the cause and cure.

Edited by David Roch

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

overclocking, remnants left behind after removing things, cache errors, config errors where things have been changed by the User, things that have been done to make their PC runner so much better, adding issues like project lassoo, running additional programs at the same time that interfere such as PC monitors etc, not enough RAM, trying to run it at above the specs for the machine, partial install followed by a re-install without clearing the partial or the locations,  registry errors...       what else would you like suggested?

Graham

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

22 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Please stop misquoting me. I never said the vast majority of users are having issues. If that is how you read it, then perhaps I did not make myself clear. Let’s make sure we are on the same page here. I already posted about this.

Cheers, Pete

57 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

So ture,

"The airplane felt lifeless" this court my eye from someone that never stoped flying the M20.

David,

There's a reason for my madness. Allow me to explain. You see my MSFS was broken by the developer when an updated caused massive stutters. So, I decided to go back to X-Plane 11 in order for me to do some simming in TE FL. I'm so glad that I did because, I had forgotten what an amazing simulation X-Plane is with the right add-ons.

Unfortunately, until XPRealistic is released for MSFS all the airplanes in MSFS will seem to me "lifeless."

The product is said to be in development for MSFS.

http://www.xprealistic.com/

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Just now, Moria15 said:

overclocking, remnants left behind after removing things, cache errors, config errors where things have been changed by the User, things that have been done to make their PC runner so much better, adding issues like project lassoo, running additional programs at the same time that interfere such as PC monitors etc, not enough RAM, trying to run it at above the specs for the machine, partial install followed by a re-install without clearing the partial or the locations,  registry errors...       what else would you like suggested?

Graham

The tips on the MSFS site to fix problems has included everything you mentioned, plus reinstalling windows, reinstalling MSFS, yada, yada. People have tried each one of those things, and guess what, there are many still having issues. Next we will be told to replace all our cables, get a different ISP and buy a new home. 

• Like 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

14 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Well, for a kick off, it's not really up to me to explain it. However...

Removed or not, the fact that some people don't have stability issues indicates that whether one does or does not, must therefore be a user-based criteria. Either settings, hardware and or software/OS clash issues; something is to blame. I have no idea what is the specific reason, but clearly this is the case.

I can tell you right now that I could crank up MSFS, pick any aeroplane in it, fly to any place in it and guarantee it wouldn't CTD, because it never does. This doesn't help anyone get to the bottom of their own mystery, but what it does do, is tell them that slagging off Asobo and saying they are to blame for having made software which has no stability, is not the right avenue of investigation if it can demonstrably run okay on some PCs.

What I do know is that I don't push the thing too hard in terms of options by running it at 1920x1080 rather than a higher resolution, but beyond that I do whatever the hell I like with it it and it just works.

Asobo have cocked some things up for sure, and I'll slam them when they deserve it (and boy do they deserve it on occasion), but a blanket statement saying the thing is unstable is not my experience at all; quite the reverse in fact.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 8

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here