Sign in to follow this  
Aristoteles

Never thought I´d say this...

Every time a member comes here to say that they have had enough with MSFS, there are always a few who want to boast about how great their sim is working. I completed flights all over the Canary Islands and I even posted pics, but that does not mean that the sim is perfect. It's actually in bad shape. The airplane felt lifeless, the GPS mod did not work, and I was greeted with stutters and pauses in many areas that in the past those stutters were non-existent.

The sim has progressively gotten worse and some are still burying their heads in the sand as if we are lying about our experience with MSFS. Since its released ASOBO managed to break the watermasks, coastlines, added mesh spikes, added stutters and poor performance, lowered the LOD, we could NOT load the sim due to server issues or broken USB controllers, and most recently if you access the options screen your mixture is pulled out. Did I mention that now all the community add-on are listed as uninstalled? Update: The broken logbook. 😀

It's laughable that some are still defending this sim. I'm done buying add-ons and I'll use it only if I have run a beta test. But, I feel for the OP. It's sad how this sim doesn't work as it should and some here don't give a word not allowed! Have some empathy or take a break from posting how much you don't care.

End of my rant. 😀

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

Every time a member comes here to say that they have had enough with MSFS, there are always a few who want to boast about how great their sim is working. I completed flights all over the Canary Islands and I even posted pics, but that does not mean that the sim is perfect. It's actually in bad shape. The airplane felt lifeless, the GPS mod did not work, and I was greeted with stutters and pauses in many areas that in the past those stutters were non-existent.

The sim has progressively gotten worse and some are still burying their heads in the sand as if we are lying about our experience with MSFS. Since its released ASOBO managed to break the watermasks, coastlines, added mesh spikes, added stutters and poor performance, lowered the LOD, we could NOT load the sim due to server issues or broken USB controllers, and most recently if you access the options screen your mixture is pulled out. Did I mention that now all the community add-on are listed as uninstalled?

It's laughable that some are still defending this sim. I done buying add-ons and I'll use it only if I have run a beta test. But, I feel for the OP. It's sad how this sim doesn't work as it should and some here don't give a word not allowed! Have some empathy or take a break from posting how much you don't care.

End of my rant. 😀

You forgot the loss of logbooks....😉

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

16 minutes ago, DJJose said:

The sim has progressively gotten worse and some are still burying their heads in the sand as if we are lying about our experience with MSFS. Since its released ASOBO managed to break the watermasks, coastlines, added mesh spikes, added stutters and poor performance, lowered the LOD, we could NOT load the sim due to server issues or broken USB controllers, and most recently if you access the options screen your mixture is pulled out. Did I mention that now all the community add-on are listed as uninstalled?

It's laughable that some are still defending this sim. I done buying add-ons and I'll use it only if I have run a beta test. But, I feel for the OP. It's sad how this sim doesn't work as it should and some here don't give a word not allowed! Have some empathy or take a break from posting how much you don't care.

End of my rant. 😀

Empathy?.....Empathy???

16529675988_de05262430_c.jpg

This is....AVVVVSIIIIIMMMMM!

main-qimg-73a7e1904c44b75125a1d2b9ce9a07

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

2 hours ago, Aristoteles said:

How can this be even be a thing after 9 months of release

There are not many who wouldn't be willing to share in your disgust. I wonder if Cyberpunk will be this bad so long after it's release.

40 minutes ago, Pastaiolo said:

Thanks for creating a topic about such a "worthy of being reported" news.

If you don't enjoy something, take a break and see what it's like in a few months. Or do something else in your life

Hey, that's really nice of you towards a guy who is really struggling and frustrated.  Be sure to come back here and ask for help if ever you face any problems or frustration yourself!   👍

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Microsoft has many problems.. The latest update for Windows 10 is reportedly causing issues with the system backup tool called 'File History' for a small subset of users. In addition to backup issues, users are also finding that the update breaks their webcam, crashes apps, and fails to install in some cases.Mar 8, 2021

https://www.windowslatest.com/2021/03/08/windows-10-update-is-causing-issue-with-backup-tool-webcam/#:~:text=The latest update for Windows,to install in some cases.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

37 minutes ago, Aristoteles said:

I have been trying to pinpoint the source of the CTD all day long. So far, apart from the usual suspects, the only culprit I can think of is a navigational error due to a Navigraph update not working with a LNM flightplan. Don´t get me wrong , I love this sim, it´s just the difficulty to understand where CTds come from that gets me. 

I thought you said you had no add-ons and were still getting CTD's?

As per my previous post..  have you tried running everything vanilla on a machine with no overclocking and seeing if you still get CTD's...

If that works, then it's not an MSFS error.. it's an error in an add-on somewhere which can be traced.

Graham

Edited by Moria15
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

25 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Every time a member comes here to say that they have had enough with MSFS, there are always a few who want to boast about how great their sim is working 

May I kindly remind you that, not along ago, you were over the top with the  sim.  Nothing could be shinier. Anybody complaining of anything was a whiner. Now thats a pit of Hell 🤣. May I add that that your post mixes different unrelated issues.

This is not about boasting , this is about telling another  fellow user that has a problem that the issue can be on his or her  side because many users don't have the same issue. Reading this forum I came to the conclusion that most of the CTD/freezes are, IMHO, self inflicted. Maybe not all but most. Many users are new to the game and the sudden boom of freeware  and mods of uncertain quality  is a major source of CTD.  And as Kernel and I have said the sim seems quite sensitive to hardware issues

Now we have the choice to try to help to see if that really comes from the sim or not or to rant.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 minutes ago, Aristoteles said:

I have Navigraph installed, sorry, forgot to mention it. 

No payware aircraft, no FBW 320 or WT CJ4 ? 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 minute ago, Aristoteles said:

I have Navigraph installed, sorry, forgot to mention it. 

Also sounds like you have little nav map which interfaces to the sim as well...  what about things like FSDUIC or different versions of simconnect  or axis and ohhs?

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

1 hour ago, Aristoteles said:

Well, as I said, a CTD log somewhere could help us all make FS a little less nitpicky.

What are your exact hardware specs (including controllers and any other USB devices). What overclock are you running? Apart from Navigraph, what other addons are installed?

Windows Event Viewer stores a log of crashes.

Edited by DylanM

NO FSUIPC, No WT, no FBW, just Navigraph and a LNM plan. As far as I can tell, a navigational database conflict may result in crashes. So, I am testing it atm. 

Iñigo Bildarratz

I share your frustration, Asobo must put an end to this disaster and focus on getting the game stable before they add more eye candy.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

3 minutes ago, Aristoteles said:

As far as I can tell, a navigational database conflict may result in crashes

just read that as well, I hope it turns out to be your resolution so you can get back in the air.

• Like 1