Sign in to follow this  
Aristoteles

Never thought I´d say this...

49 minutes ago, Jeeper said:

Good for you. And thank you for proving my point. 

Best to mute the eternal praisers.
It's always the end users' fault, never the software.

Someone posted recently how they run an entirely vanilla install of MSFS, have a very good PC and good internet connection, yet still have issues. The response was to blame the issues on the OP.

2 hours ago, Chock said:

but if you are annoyed by such attempts to encourage people to get to the bottom of things, then that's on you.

This isn't the case though, Alan.
2 or 3 consistent praisers of MSFS on these forums never offer solutions. They just state that MSFS works well for them and it's just an end user problem.
One of these types even told another user just to upgrade their PC - it was already high spec...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

22 hours ago, DJJose said:

I had forgotten what an amazing simulation X-Plane is with the right add-ons.

Very true Jose, but you forgot to mention how long it took for it to be "amazing with the right add-ons", a few years if memory serves me right.

MS2020 will be amazing (even without add-ons) but it will take time. The way a look at it now, like it or not, we are still in BETA stage. We have no choice but to be patient and give ASOBO a break.

• Like 3

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

36 minutes ago, F737NG said:

This isn't the case though, Alan.
2 or 3 consistent praisers of MSFS on these forums never offer solutions. They just state that MSFS works well for them and it's just an end user problem.

Don't those people have their specs in their signature? I dunno if they do, just figured if they did have such info on their post, that would be enough to make them stating that it was working okay for them a useful comment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guys, the simulator was released way before it was finished or ready-for-market for that matter, so give it some slack. If you jumped on it now, you need to understand that it is NOT ready and it WILL have issues here and there.

I don't find any stability problems with it, not even when i was in the alpha i had many issues, but i don't use it yet because i cannot trust it. Well, mostly because of "no reliable/good addons" but still, i find it's way too early to leave the mature stable environment i have in P3D.

I monitor the development and fly here and there with MSFS to check its evolution, but i would never completely switch yet and avoid such deceptions.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Have you tried stress testing your components with benchmarks and other tools? Sometimes my entire computer shuts down. It’s clearly from my graphics card. I genuinely thought there was a space heater under my desk. But I choose highest settings so it’s on me.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

Have you tried stress testing your components with benchmarks and other tools? Sometimes my entire computer shuts down. It’s clearly from my graphics card. I genuinely thought there was a space heater under my desk. But I choose highest settings so it’s on me.

Stress testing your computers components with heavy benchmarks is a good idea, if it can handle those tests it probably can handle MSFS as well.

• Like 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

17 minutes ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

11 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

Stress testing your computers components with heavy benchmarks is a good idea, if it can handle those tests it probably can handle MSFS as well.

Those are fair comments and could be useful suggestions for anyone with frequent CTDs.
There's a thread regarding the point here:

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Hello, I am the OP. XD .

Just to let you know that nothing has worked so far, CTDs still happen or not, flights end up without any issue or not, every new try is an exercise in faith. New , non OCed Hardware, fully vanilla installation, and still, 9 out of 12 tries ended up in a CTD. I am not trying new freewares, new Garmins, new addons, OCing my hardware, I am just ..well, trying to fly. Not any other game, sim (DCS, IL2, Bh&H2, you name it) , application quits, halts or gives me any problem, at all. PC is responsive and works with any software without a single issue. All my installed hardware works flawlessly, as advertised and has been tested for issues with external applications. All CTD logs are useless, all test results are pure speculation on my part, so basically I am clueless. I am not frustrated, my journey since WU2 it´s been a realisation that I have progressively been accepting. Can´t enjoy FS , in fact, can´t even use it. So, well, thanks to all of you who commented to give ideas, to all those who wanted to share that their FS working great (implying, or not, that fault is on user end, I don´t care anyway). At this point, I don´t even know what to think about this hobby , my hardware or anything related FS. I guess I think, software should work most of the times for most of the people. And if it really does in the case of FS, well, enjoy it guys. There are so many wondeful things to do in life apart apart from testing new configurations to avoid CTDs that I think I may give them a try now.

Edited by Aristoteles

Iñigo Bildarratz

1 hour ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Guys, the simulator was released way before it was finished...

Still have 9 years before that happens or so I'm told.

regards

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

8 minutes ago, Aristoteles said:

There are so many wondeful things to do in life apart apart from testing new configurations to avoid CTDs that I think I may give them a try now.

You just hit the nail on the head.

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

After 9 months and almost daily use, I've had just 2 o 3 CTDs for known reasons (ex: heading knob bug with Carenado M20). Sometimes I have stutters or FPS drops or some weird performance in the sim, but not CTDs.

I suggest (or at least what I have done):

1) Make a clean install including OS, install the Sim, run without mods and check if in that scenario FS runs good.

if 1) fails check if your PC components are good, you can run tools like HWiNFO to check everything is ok

It is a shame we don't have a log file to check what is wrong and it is very weird that FS runs good in some systems, but its a nightmare for others users. I know this should not be like this and it is frustrating (deleting / installing / reinstalling / testing). Hope everything goes better

12 minutes ago, Aristoteles said:

There are so many wondeful things to do in life apart apart from testing new configurations to avoid CTDs that I think I may give them a try now.

Not the least of which are several other flight sims, including P3D, XPlane, DCS and Condor, all of which should be problem-free and all of which can offer things that you can't do with MSFS, even if it was working for you. 🙂

Or, if that doesn't appeal, you can always go and fly the real thing or an RC version of it, or make a scale model or whatever. You don't need a PC to enjoy aeroplanes.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

12 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

Still have 9 years before that happens or so I'm told.

regards

bs

I don't know if you're joking or not, but there's something called "MVP" in software development - Minimum Viable Product - and this is what i was referring to. I don't think it's 9 years away, but i do think they launched it 1.5 to 2 years before time. It's fun as an unfinished game which needs heavy patching but not as a simulator.

Thing is... do they (Microsoft) even care? They look far more interested in making money (duh!).

• Upvote 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

25 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Thing is... do they (Microsoft) even care? They look far more interested in making money (duh!).

Making money is connected to a more than minimal state of the program sold. And actually I am quite convinced that MSFS is way better than MVP. 

That every company has making money as it's primary goal is nothing new, btw, and actually the reason why great software like this exists. 😀 What I mean ist that the pursuit of profit is nothing to criticize but the main drive to create a working software. So we can be quite relaxed that Asobo/Microsoft is doing stuff into that direction. 

Your very traditional game vs. simulator argument was never interesting and is better not discussed.

Edited by crimplene
  • Like 1

I just hope you're right somehow. We all have our levels of demand and right now that's how i classify MSFS. Time will tell.