Sign in to follow this  
Watsi

[New developement version] A32NX | FlybyWire Simulations

Hi there,

Starting today, the first version of our entirely custom fly-by-wire and autopilot systems, our custom LEAP 1A-26 engine FADEC performance model, and re-written PFD will be available in the development version. We’d like to remind our users that you have to calibrate your throttles via the EFB!

The experimental version will not be updated for a few days while we let users transition to the development version. After this period the experimental version will welcome a new prototype feature: our custom LNAV and flight plan manager, based on the work from Working Title Simulations.

That version will remain under the limited support policy of the previous experimental version, as that system is in its early age.

Please ensure your read the following guide: Autopilot / Fly-By-Wire - FlyByWire Simulations Guides

Happy flying!

• Like 21
  • Upvote 2

FlyByWire Simulations

3 hours ago, Watsi said:

The experimental version will not be updated for a few days while we let users transition to the development version.

So if I get it right, the development version users will get the improvements from the experimental version, then after a couple of days, experimental version will be updated with a new LNAV system.

But when you say "we let users transition to the development version", do you speak about stable or experimental version users?

I guess the question is, if we're already using the experimental version, should we transition to the development version or stay where we are?

NAX669.png

3 minutes ago, mwilk said:

I guess the question is, if we're already using the experimental version, should we transition to the development version or stay where we are?

From what was said I'm assuming it pretty much doesn't matter either way?

I am just wondering, is anyone using the dev version? I would guess everyone is using either stable or experimental

Edited by bendead

1 minute ago, dlermond said:

I use the dev version exclusively.

out of curiosity, why this version?

I just recently began using the FBW 320 again.  I had not used i since the first versions of it last year.  I currently have the latest 'stable' version (6.0?).  I am guessing I would have to uninstall this stable version before trying the Dev version??

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

51 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

I just recently began using the FBW 320 again.  I had not used i since the first versions of it last year.  I currently have the latest 'stable' version (6.0?).  I am guessing I would have to uninstall this stable version before trying the Dev version??

There is an installer that makes switching between versions easy. 

https://flybywiresim.com/

• Upvote 1

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

6 hours ago, Watsi said:

After this period the experimental version will welcome a new prototype feature: our custom LNAV and flight plan manager, based on the work from Working Title Simulations.

I hope FBW and the WT teams have written their code in a way so that it’s meant to be used by other open source teams in the future and they don’t have to reinvent the wheel.  If other open source teams can reuse your code, they will be able to get things done faster, which means their plane will come out faster with fewer bugs, which benefits us all in the MSFS community.

For example, I imagine other open source teams working on a new plane, could also use a custom autopilot and not rely on Asobo’s autopilot which leads to bugs when they patch the game.  It would be great if they got FBW’s permission to use your custom autopilot code.  Then they don’t have to write their own custom autopilot code from scratch, and the MSFS community gets more planes by new open source teams, with less bugs, at a faster rate.

• Like 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

The flight model has been completely re-done as well. New functions have been custom added to allow separate CONF 1 and 1+F performance levels that are not otherwise possible, limit spoiler deployment to 1/2 deflection when under autopilot control and inhibit spoiler deployment in CONF FULL and when thrust levers > FLX/MCT.

• Like 5

The flight model i

15 minutes ago, Donstim said:

The flight model has been completely re-done as well. New functions have been custom added to allow separate CONF 1 and 1+F performance levels that are not otherwise possible, limit spoiler deployment to 1/2 deflection when under autopilot control and inhibit spoiler deployment in CONF FULL and when thrust levers > 

In what version has this been done,  please? I'm a bit confused here. 

So basically what has been said for those that are confused: the DEVELOPMENTAL version has for the most part caught up with where the EXPERIMENTAL version is at right now.

If you don’t want to be a part of the daily development work taking place on the EXPERIMENTAL, which can occasionally have a bug or two due to it being an active project, stay with DEVELOPMENTAL. If you are ultra conservative and don’t mind being way behind the curve on the project, stay with the STABLE version. Note however that the DEVELOPMENTAL version is also stable. It’s not like you are not going to get CTD’s if you use it.

I will be EXPERIMENTAL all the way, looking forward to VNAV and Flight Plan Manager. 

• Like 3

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor