Sign in to follow this  
omarsmak30

Some third party developers are out of their minds!

1 hour ago, arsenal82 said:

Sorry

this is utter rubbish i read lots of opinions about add-on in xplane forum without anybody censorship or deleting opinions

Excuse me, but calling my comments rubbish is rude and uncalled for. If anything I'd say that your attitude is rubbish and perhaps you might take a step back and think before spouting anymore of it.

I've spent plenty of money on both sims over the years in support of each and have spent the better part of the last 14 years over at camp Xplane and speak from my own personal experience and conversations and so I can fully stand by what I have said in the above post. I've had plenty of conversations throughout those years with disgruntled folks over there, both developers and end users alike who often get treated poorly and unprofessionally. 

Yes, it can be difficult to say your piece there, but that doesn't mean you won't find any negative comments. Of course you can find plenty of negative comments there...but I also know there are plenty more of those comments which ended in various stages of unfair bullying & removal (I have personally found the forum/store owner to be quite the character as well). Things can get very "controlled" over there, and not in a good way.

But  if you do your research around the internet you'll see lots of posts saying very similar things about the situation there so there's no reason to have to take my word for it, regardless of the fact that I have no agenda on either side of the fence.

I love xplane...but the whole forum being owned by the store "thing" is what's rubbish, not my comments about it. 

Edited by hangar
  • Upvote 1

Guys I will soon be offering the best MOD ever for the TBM 900!

* - Fixed blinker fluid levels

* - Added low and high beams for flashing at oncoming traffic

*- Rear spoiler for extra downforce

*- GTR Racing sticker applied to left rudder for 5HP

*- Low profile tires for cornering stability

Only for $19.99! ORDER NOW

• Like 2

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

16 minutes ago, styckx said:

Guys I will soon be offering the best MOD ever for the TBM 900!

* - Fixed blinker fluid levels

* - Added low and high beams for flashing at oncoming traffic

*- Rear spoiler for extra downforce

*- GTR Racing sticker applied to left rudder for 5HP

*- Low profile tires for cornering stability

Only for $19.99! ORDER NOW

Ahh, come on, cant ya drop it to 11.99?????

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

1 minute ago, jimcarrel said:

Ahh, come on, cant ya drop it to 11.99?????

Sir.. Do you know the development costs of running notepad.exe to make these (non-visual) changes? If you did I think you might think this is actually a bargain.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Oh My! I started to post something pertinent to the topic title, but after seeing what degenerated I decided to call it a day!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

4 hours ago, hangar said:

but the whole forum being owned by the store "thing" is what's rubbish

Without trying to get anything started here:

Laminar Research or Austin Meyer do not run a forum for X-Plane. They run a store where they sell X-Plane...nothing else.

X-Plane.org (both the store and the forum) are run by Nicolas, and they are not affiliated or associated with Laminar Research in any way, besides some of LR´s devs sometimes reading and posting in those forums.

X-Pilot.com and the associated store X-Avation.com are run by Cameron, and they are also not affiliated or associated with Laminar Research.

If you want to, you are also free to open up a forum and a store and sell X-Plane stuff - anyone can and there is no license to get from Laminar or anything...

Those sites are not any more affiliated with Laminar Research than this website is affiliated with Microsoft or Asobo.

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Janov
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

It is becoming very difficult to search Simmarket for items because there is so much word not allowed added on a daily basis. Sometimes multiple items from the same developer that dilute the whole website. Hope this changes at some point.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

1 hour ago, Janov said:

Without trying to get anything started here:

Having one soul owner of both the official forum of a game AND it's official store is a clear conflict of interest and a horrible idea as far as consumer rights is concerned but I never said it was illegal, did I?

If a person can't see why this poses such an obvious conflict then there is no point of discussion with that person. 

Edited by hangar

11 hours ago, espent said:

Is there any thing in Creative Commons that can stop this?

There is a lot of legal area here that Microsoft has been kind enough to basically totally ignore. It's a bit hard to define exactly when the product becomes the property of FBW; sure, you could exercise a non-commercial clause of some kind (although CC itself is really only for stuff that isn't code), but the question becomes whether or not you're applying a license to something you didn't really create, substantially.

It's one of the big reasons we eventually landed on MIT, because there's so much Asobo and MS material there that applying a license with any real terms is pretty sketchy, on its face.

That being said, partially modifying the aircraft source and then selling it without a license is almost certainly illegal, and I'm disappointed SimMarket would let such a thing be listed.

-Matt

• Like 4

I doubt anyone is really falling for it though. We've seen it before with the lights, so If you want Christmas lights there are plenty of cities with floating lights in the game where they are not supposed to exist, sometimes they even appear quite high up. I cannot imagine paying extra for more XMAS lighting this early in the year.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

3 hours ago, hangar said:

Having one soul owner of both the official forum of a game AND it's official store is a clear conflict of interest and a horrible idea as far as consumer rights is concerned but I never said it was illegal, did I?

If a person can't see why this poses such an obvious conflict then there is no point of discussion with that person. 

X-Plane.org is neither the official forum or the official store of Laminar, it's site owned by a third party individual that has absolutely no affiliation to Austin or Laminar. Which is pretty much exactly what Janov said. Laminar's own site is X-plane.com and only sells X-Plane and provides support. It does not even have a forum. 

• Like 1

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

5 hours ago, hangar said:

official forum of a game AND it's official store is a clear conflict of interest

I am not sure where the comprehension problem on your side comes from, but I will gladly repeat:

Both X-Plane.org and X-Aviation.com are NOT the official stores of X-Plane. There is no official store of X-Plane.

Jan

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

For opening up the market for more useless nonsense products. Did you even see the link in the first post? Why should someone pay for FBW physics when they have already did the job better than Asobo an no cost?

I still don't see what this has to do with MS/Asobo. Is this even on the marketplace?? Payware has been around for quite awhile now, people will sell what they want to sell....

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case