Sign in to follow this  
Gary1124

Which Version Is Best MSFS 2020?

You're certainly a very rare case, but both Prepar3d and X-Plane are good alternatives, I own both of them. X-Plane has a demo and Prepar3d has a money-back guarantee, so you can see what's better adapted to your needs.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

23 hours ago, in2tech said:

I bought it from the MS Store cause I did NOT want the Steam version. If or when I have problems I don't want to have to worry about Steam. Plus I was wondering about purchases in the Market Place, which is where I plan on making all my purchases. Also, in the last Live Stream, they mentioned, mainly for X-Box owners, and I could be wrong about this. Since they own both that if you bought an item from the Market Place on PC or X-Box, you would have access to both and only buy it once. Also, that internet Play Anywhere stuff too. I just did not want a conflict. And of the few games, sim's, I have, they are on Steam. Didn't want all my eggs in one basket. If there was/is a problem I only look at MS/Asobo,

But that's just me! Main thing is you have a choice, and that's what people wanted, and got!

same

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, pmb said:

You're certainly a very rare case, but both Prepar3d and X-Plane are good alternatives, I own both of them. X-Plane has a demo and Prepar3d has a money-back guarantee, so you can see what's better adapted to your needs.

Kind regards, Michael

My nephew and an army buddy of his and I used to play WoT on xbox. We postponed together and were too good as 3 vets working together in a shooter can be. Other players complained and accused us of cheating and we were all three perma banned from Live. It happens. I should have just played by myself.

got mine on steam and it's been great this year (fingers crossed).   I know where my files are with Steam games....whereas with Windows games files can get buried/hidden very easily. 

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

26 minutes ago, Isaiah53six said:

got mine on steam and it's been great this year (fingers crossed).   I know where my files are with Steam games....whereas with Windows games files can get buried/hidden very easily. 

Yeah but even on steam you still need a live account.

The work around would be to create a dummy live account with a different email address using a different payment method. Or use your wife/husbands/mothers live account.

I bought the store version but out of interest if you have the Steam version can you stop the sim automatically updating by turning off automatic updates?

On 5/8/2021 at 12:08 AM, jarmstro said:

I bought the store version but out of interest if you have the Steam version can you stop the sim automatically updating by turning off automatic updates?

you can turn off automatic updates (updates game in the background) but it will still update once the sim is launched. 

Edited by Isaiah53six

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

On 5/8/2021 at 2:49 AM, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Yeah but even on steam you still need a live account.

The work around would be to create a dummy live account with a different email address using a different payment method. Or use your wife/husbands/mothers live account.

Well, I have a friend who encouraged me to get back into simming despite my fiance's protests that I get back into it. He is 92 but very sharp. Loves Amazon and going on road trips. Hope I do as good someday. Perhaps if I explain the situation to him maybe I can walk him through setting up a live account and if he can successfully log in I could download from other than MS or Steam like Amazon, Gamestop, or Walmart. Then once it is installed I could log in under my buddy's account. 

On 5/7/2021 at 5:50 PM, Gary1124 said:

My nephew and an army buddy of his and I used to play WoT on xbox. We postponed together and were too good as 3 vets working together in a shooter can be. Other players complained and accused us of cheating and we were all three perma banned from Live. It happens. I should have just played by myself.

So they treat people like that on Xbox.....???

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

31 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

So they treat people like that on Xbox.....???

Yes. A lot of people had issues like that on xbox Live. Google it up. We were not the only ones. I have read accounts of Sony's unjust PSN Enforcement to.

If you are a fps nerd you will get a discrete fps counter as an option with the Steam version.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I was wondering exactly the same thing but since all my other games are on Steam I'll just get this game on that platform too.