Sign in to follow this  
Brad27

A rant from the heart

I suspect that if only graphics and lighting were changed in MSFS, while the rest would be kept the same as in FSX (especially the UI), the new sim would be more successful than it is now, and we would hear fewer complaints.

• Upvote 1

On 5/16/2021 at 2:44 PM, Brad27 said:

Flytampa Vienna & Athens

This one is real hard to jibe at because i love these guys alot but whats going on with these two projects!? We can literally say Vienna v4 was suggested over a year ago maybe atad longer to being close to a release and Athens...2 years ago? I know like most of us that FlyTampa refrane from saying to much about release dates but ive seen them release 3 FS2020 versions of airports now and i am gagging like many to know when i can start enjoying their LOWW & LGAV reboots which must surely be at a near end?!

In the case of Flytampa they have been so misleading and their communication strategy has, in my opinion, left a lot to be desired.

Amsterdam remake should have been ready over a year ago according to their forum posts, they then said end of 2020 and after that beginning of 2021 and here we are still waiting...0 news from them.

I could understand a 0 communication strategy with regard to release dates and upcoming products and I would actually prefer that to what they currently do. In the case of Vienna, I was on the verge of getting Gaya Simulation rendition of the airport and just as it was released Flytampa updated their website with a rendition in PBR of Vienna's airport ATC tower along with some comments on their forums teasing an updated version of the airport, and here we are more than 1 year later and nothing else has been said.

Really makes me hesitate if I will buy future products from them even though I can appreciate their quality, not everything is justified and my interest is fading over time.

1 hour ago, Fludo said:

In the case of Flytampa

Amsterdam remake should have been ready over a year ago according to their forum posts, they then said end of 2020 and after that beginning of 2021 and here we are still waiting...0 news from them.

I could understand a 0 communication strategy with regard to release dates and upcoming products and I would actually prefer that to what they currently do. In the case of Vienna, I was on the verge of getting Gaya Simulation rendition of the airport and just as it was released Flytampa updated their website with a rendition in PBR of Vienna's airport ATC tower along with some comments on their forums teasing an updated version of the airport, and here we are more than 1 year later and nothing else has been said.

This was my focus too. GAYA previewed final screens of their LOWW and then FlyTampa posted the ATC tower on their front page making us all think that v4 was on the horizon. No updates no replies to queries on its whereabouts. You lose sales doing that in some places surely?? Youll always get a bunch that give up waiting and buy the competeters version and GAYAs version does look good ill give it that but since this is FlyTampa im bound to my love for this bunch to wait for their v4...But its honestly really annoying now.

Also as touched on a few times now, these devs do this as a side income...we dont really know if these are delays related to self health, family tragedies or just losing passion for the hobby but every now and again a little dev status update would be nice...abit like what PMDG do??

Your right as well Amsterdam is another one that must be knocking at the backdoor now? Emilio had said back in December that EHAM V2 wasnt far off which equally made me think (and not in the ungrateful manner at all mind you) what the point was in releasing a 1.3 update if v2 was so 'near'.

Brad - P3Dv4.5

AIG Moderator | Afcad Editor | FAIB Beta | FSPX Beta

As far as the waiting game is concerned, I have been waiting nearly a decade for Space Shuttle Mission Simulator 2, and I suspect that it will be another decade before the cancellation is finally announced.

• Like 4

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

12 minutes ago, Brad27 said:

This was my focus too. GAYA previewed final screens of their LOWW and then FlyTampa posted the ATC tower on their front page making us all think that v4 was on the horizon. No updates no replies to queries on its whereabouts. You lose sales doing that in some places surely?? Youll always get a bunch that give up waiting and buy the competeters version and GAYAs version does look good ill give it that but since this is FlyTampa im bound to my love for this bunch to wait for their v4...But its honestly really annoying now.

Also as touched on a few times now, these devs do this as a side income...we dont really know if these are delays related to self health, family tragedies or just losing passion for the hobby but every now and again a little dev status update would be nice...abit like what PMDG do??

Your right as well Amsterdam is another one that must be knocking at the backdoor now? Emilio had said back in December that EHAM V2 wasnt far off which equally made me think (and not in the ungrateful manner at all mind you) what the point was in releasing a 1.3 update if v2 was so 'near'.

100% agree.

Mir from Flightbeam for example, he has had to take care of hid kids as schools were shut down, he explained that and said that it would as a consequence delay the release of NZAA. Absolutely no problem, he didn't even need to specify the reasons, but just a little update saying "what was supposed to happen on date X will finally happen no earlier than date Y".

What is most frustrating is getting some sort of a timeframe for release and, months and even years after the timeframe is passed there isn't even a message with a little update to know if it's even still in development. As I said earlier, I would prefer not to get any teaser or estimate at all (like Fslabs for example).

Don't forget about the flytampa ATL.  Been years since we have heard anything

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

30 minutes ago, Fludo said:

As I said earlier, I would prefer not to get any teaser or estimate at all (like Fslabs for example).

I remember the day FlyTampa released KaiTak back in the FSX days...totally unexpected and i dont think there were previews leading up to it either (think they did that with Corfu as well actually).

I had the freeware 9Dragons version which was alright but when FT dropped their version...GAME CHANGER

Edited by Brad27
  • Like 3

Brad - P3Dv4.5

25 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Don't forget about the flytampa ATL.  Been years since we have heard anything

Yeah, i mean i get the Atlanta project its MASSSIVE but has it been about 2 years and not a single preview right?

• Like 1

Brad - P3Dv4.5

2 hours ago, Brad27 said:

Yeah, i mean i get the Atlanta project its MASSSIVE but has it been about 2 years and not a single preview right?

Correction: Nearly 4 years!
https://fselite.net/news/flytampa-announces-atlanta/

5 hours ago, Afterburner said:

I suspect that if only graphics and lighting were changed in MSFS, while the rest would be kept the same as in FSX (especially the UI), the new sim would be more successful than it is now, and we would hear fewer complaints.

I'm glad that MS and Asobo tried to improve more than just the graphics. Almost a decade and a half since we saw Microsoft release a "Flight Simulator" in their series, we needed a generational shift from what we had become used to.

The ambition and desire on their part is to be applauded. Some of the implemented new features are truly fantastic, other aspects less so.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

On 5/16/2021 at 8:23 PM, micstatic said:

I also wonder why everybody calls MSFS FS2020 instead of MSFS.  It's weird to me 

you're right. Stop calling it MSFS2020, in reality, it is MS Flight 2 😛 

• Like 1

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

I wonder why there is no sign of 5.2 yet, its long overdue compared to previous release intervals? Reading between the lines on simbols "rant" post  made me feel a bit depressed really, perhaps 5.2 wont bring the EA fixes v5 so desperately needs to be able to bring the local wx technical depiction back to v4 standards and compete. Or it could be they are making sure it does hence the delay, will have to wait and see I guess. However I didnt get a warm feeling that P3D would be headed in the right direction for my needs and I have a lot invested in a 777 home cockpit. MSFS has been a huge disappointment for my type of setup and needs, irrespective of how wonderful it looks and is. 

I sometimes wish MS hadn't re-entered the market because I feel the flight sim world has been stuck in this beta rut for 18 months now as a consequence. 

Edited by kand
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, kand said:

I wonder why there is no sign of 5.2 yet, its long overdue compared to previous release intervals? Reading between the lines on simbols "rant" post  made me feel a bit depressed really, perhaps 5.2 wont bring the EA fixes v5 so desperately needs to be able to bring the local wx technical depiction back to v4 standards and compete. Or it could be they are making sure it does hence the delay, will have to wait and see I guess. However I didnt get a warm feeling that P3D would be headed in the right direction for my needs and I have a lot invested in a 777 home cockpit. MSFS has been a huge disappointment for my type of setup and needs, irrespective of how wonderful it looks and is. 

I sometimes wish MS hadn't re-entered the market because I feel the flight sim world has been stuck in this beta rut for 18 months now as a consequence. 

That's my feeling too !

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

1 hour ago, kand said:

I take the long time frame as a positive sign personally.  In the end I believe that we will get a much better product when 5.2 comes along. LM took a lot of heat from both users and Devs for releasing V5 too soon. It seems that LM heard the outcry and so now we don't need to beat them up for taking their time with an update. Like many others, I look for a release announcement every day but when it does not come, I just figure that the folks down in Prepar3d land are busy fixing more bugs or if we get real lucky they are also adding more features. After all if they fix everything and don't add more new stuff then we will have no need to read AVSIM and even worse we will have nothing new to complain about!! LOL!!! That would leave us in a boring world where all we have to do is start the Sim and go fly. LOL

• Upvote 3

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/