Sign in to follow this  
BostonJeremy77

CaptainSim releases Boeing 777-200ER for MSFS!

If they piece meal a 752 out of some spare parts I'll buy it day 1.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

5 hours ago, Gordon Hutchison said:

A fool and his money are soon parted!

If this is indeed correct, may I ask how he got the money in the first place LOL

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

16 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

I remember getting their B757 for FSX, then buying the -300 and cargo versions.

I did the same and enjoyed it. Would much rather have that ported over to MSFS, visually the same as it is in FSX, than that 777.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clem116 said:

Please, PLEASE don't give these scammers any money.....

If you don't like the idea of the product that's fair enough, but it is most definitely not a scam - a scam is a dishonest scheme to con money out of people. If you go to the product on their store, and click the more info link, it takes you to a page which describes the product in detail, including stating this:

COCKPIT AND CABIN
  • Essential functionality paired with default 747 systems simulation

Be as critical as you like about it, I certainly was my youtube channel review of it, but don't throw words like 'scam' about when they are not an accurate representation of what the product is. The product absolutely is a bit lazy in terms of production and it could certainly do with some tweaks which would be relatively easy to accomplish, but it isn't a scam. They could not be more clear about what the product is and is not, and what it does and does not feature on their product page.

I am not saying I think it's a great product, but you should not be accusing the developer of being a scammer. Dislike their products all you want, and don't buy them if you don't want to, but if you start accusing them of being scammers, you're into legal territory with that one, and they only need a screenshot of this thread to prove you wrote it, and you potentially put Avsim in harm's way when you do that too, because this site is hosting your comment.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

10 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Look, CS saw that the Bredok 737 was flying off the (virtual) shelves like bags of ganja at a Bob Marley memorial concert, and they said to themselves: there is money on the table, let's go and get it. And that's what they are doing. 

It's hard to survive on that one P3D or XPlane aircraft that is sold every month now. And with the incomplete SDK and long development time involved with MSFS you have to start somewhere. 

Here you go...

Edited by Chock
  • Like 11

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Hello Gang!

I think that we should give the CS the benefit of the doubt and a little bit of credit.  Granted.........this is not their most stellar release however, there may be more than meets the eye here.  For starters, I don't think Asobo has yet provided all the developers require in order to make the good stuff.  FlightOne gave us the CRJ and it has problems.  Even the A32X had to go through a million iterations of programming changes in order to adapt it and make it the gem it is today, and it is still a painful work in progress.  The community wanted a 777 in MSFS and CS gave it to us.  I even think this is a better addon than the Bredok 737MAX to be honest.  I went ahead and used some CapitalOne points and picked it up, and here are my findings so far:

1. The model is beautiful.

2. The systems are basic but she flies fairly well.  I flew a couple of ILS approaches to 27L at EGLL and she did very well....in low visibility and rainy weather.  I have yet to send her on a flight plan and test how it follows it from A-Z.

3. YES, the 747 remnants have to be ironed out but I trust they will take care of this.

4. It taxis super heavy.  They need to work on taxi behavior a little bit.

5.The wingflex needs improvement.  There is a tiny bit of it but it needs to be 777ized because as it is right now it looks like almost none existent.

6, Sounds.  Either give us decent sounds or at least point us to a decent sound set.

7. Give us the RR and the PW variants, as well as the LR.  For $30, we deserve at least that.

8. If they can give us a couple of systems screens that provide useful info (fuel, hydraulics, elec, doors, etc), a somewhat workable tablet, and some basic stuff like announcing when speed brakes are armed, etc., this could turn into a decent addon.  Not PMDG league, but enough to keep us busy for a while.

9. Any 300 series in the horizon???

Cheers

• Like 4

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

3 hours ago, Chock said:

If you don't like the idea of the product that's fair enough, but it is most definitely not a scam - a scam is a dishonest scheme to con money out of people. If you go to the product on their store, and click the more info link, it takes you to a page which describes the product in detail, including stating this:

COCKPIT AND CABIN
  • Essential functionality paired with default 747 systems simulation

Be as critical as you like about it, I certainly was my youtube channel review of it, but don't throw words like 'scam' about when they are not an accurate representation of what the product is. The product absolutely is a bit lazy in terms of production and it could certainly do with some tweaks which would be relatively easy to accomplish, but it isn't a scam. They could not be more clear about what the product is and is not, and what it does and does not feature on their product page.

I am not saying I think it's a great product, but you should not be accusing the developer of being a scammer. Dislike their products all you want, and don't buy them if you don't want to, but if you start accusing them of being scammers, you're into legal territory with that one, and they only need a screenshot of this thread to prove you wrote it, and you potentially put Avsim in harm's way when you do that too, because this site is hosting your comment.

Well said Alan, just my two Cents and by the way: I think at the end of this CS 777-200 Story we have a allmost complete package with all the whistels and belts they missing at the moment .

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Clem116 said:

Please, PLEASE don't give these scammers any money.....

Rubbish.

You can think of CS what you want (and I've had my share of run-ins with them over the years) but they are not scammers. So, kindly stop this nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

FSL and PDMG didn’t jump on the current “half effort money grab trend” Bredok started because they believe in quality, integrity and pride in their products.

Well, some people might see this differently, and I don't think that CS doesn't have pride in their products.

You know exactly what you're getting, and if you don't, then that's on you.

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, kaosfere said:

Just because their output doesn't meet some random Avsim member's arbitrary definition of "quality" doesn't mean folks like Mr. Bredok lack integrity or don't have pride in their work.  To imply otherwise feels to me just as snobby as looking down on someone who can only afford a mobile home but who works hard on it, keeps it up, mows the lawn, landscapes, and treats it with at least as much pride as any McMansion owner treats his own prefab home.

Brilliant, and I 100% agree.

But, as I've said before: half the folks who whine and complain about this addon are STILL going to buy it....then come on here and complain that "they've been took".

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

You know exactly what you're getting, and if you don't, then that's on you.

CS is hardly the reputable developer they were in the past, so calling a pig with lipstick a pig publicly isn't bad. Why? Well, I for one know better than buying from them. But, how about other less savvy newcomers to the hobby? Not everyone read product descriptions throughly or knows how to search forum posts. 

On the other hand, I agree using the word "scam" is inappropriate, but we're not helping things get better by promoting low quality products and questionable practices.

People like Chock will help a thousand times more a newcomer with his videos than us discussing it here ad-nauseam, that's for sure. And, while I am not against people having fun in MSFS flying bizarre things such a refrigerator with the flight dynamics of a SR-71 and with the avionics of a Cub, I think we are doing ourselves a disservice as a community by not calling out a developer from attempting to charge money (no matter how cheap is cheap, it's still money) when releasing something like this.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Enrique Vaamonde

33 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

But, as I've said before: half the folks who whine and complain about this addon are STILL going to buy it....then come on here and complain that "they've been took".

Exactly, like I wrote somewhere else: we masochistically contribute to our own mistreatment as customers.

• Like 1

Enrique Vaamonde

4 hours ago, Chock said:

Here you go...

Great review Alan. This product is truly embarrasing. But then again it's the money that "puts food on the table". Just a note of advice regarding your piloting skills, stick to GA!

Edited by Peter Webber
  • Like 1

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Great review from Chock as usual. It's not for me but each to their own. My concern if when this sort of thing is thrown together as a cash cow will anyone now bother to produce a more faithful model because potential sales will, without doubt, have been affected.

Edited by jarmstro