Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Sim Update 4 (1.16.2.0) is now live!

No one mentioned the scenery spikes which seem to have come back. Sit at KLSE Rwy 18 and pan around. And they don't want to disappear when you get close. Fact is they get bigger and they're solid.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

5 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

No one mentioned the scenery spikes which seem to have come back. Sit at KLSE Rwy 18 and pan around. And they don't want to disappear when you get close. Fact is they get bigger and they're solid.

I think that airport always had that issue from the original version, don't think it's related to the general scenery spikes.

Someone built a freeware version of that airport:
https://flightsim.to/file/5747/klse-la-crosse-regional-airport-la-crosse-wisconsin

There is also this old mod which I fixed some of them in (don't recall which, too long ago)
https://flightsim.to/file/4402/elevation-fixes-eastern-us

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

28 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

They need an Aussie addon ...

Aircraft: hey cobber, up the creek here, buggered if i know where I am, out the back of Woop Woop somewhere, chuck us a quick pointer as to where to head
ATC: geez mate your all over the shop like a one legged drongo, chuck a quick uey and head for the coast, bit of overcast this arvo but she'll be apples
Aircraft: dead set?  no wucckers then, right on it matey, good on ya,

Glenn,

I wonder how many non Australians have any idea of what you are trying to communicate here LOL

Tony

• Like 2

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

1 minute ago, Bert Pieke said:

Cute, but no banana.. from the description:

NOTE: This does not do the main loading screen upon game start, this is the one from the main menu into the game.

Well there you go never post without checking first - at first glance looked like what you are looking for 

Edited by Richard Sennett

Rich Sennett

Just a theory... but I'm thinking that the infinite looping during installation may be caused by altering the original files inside the /Official target folders.

Before now, I rarely experienced any loops/freezes (maybe 2 or 3 total in 8 months); but I needed to restart the installation about 15 times this patch... and it always got stuck when installing aircraft files.  That got me to thinking... since the last patch, I went in and customized a bunch of tail numbers and callsigns by editing the original aircraft.cfg for the default aircraft.  I didn't verify it; but I'm willing to bet that the packages that got stuck were for the aircraft that I changed previously.  

Well guys,

I think we can add another flawed update to the tally.  I hope I am wrong but first flights with

Bonanza g36 Vertigo, Cri Cri, DA62 etc all have no airspeed indicated nor do they have altimeter working. Only ones flown so far.  I have uninstalled all of them and reinstalled with no difference.

This may well be an individual problem given that no one else has mentioned it.  

Performance appears (for me) to be back to normal though.

Any Ideas

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

6 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Well guys,

I think we can add another flawed update to the tally.  I hope I am wrong but first flights with

Bonanza g36 Vertigo, Cri Cri, DA62 etc all have no airspeed indicated nor do they have altimeter working. Only ones flown so far.  I have uninstalled all of them and reinstalled with no difference.

Performance appears (for me) to be back to normal though.

Any Ideas

Tony

No issue here or reported. Remove your mods and try gain

Edited by fogboundturtle
  • Like 3

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

4 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:
5 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

Remove your mods and try gain

11 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

I have uninstalled all of them and reinstalled with no difference

Any other ideas?

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

2 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Any other ideas?

Tony

Try with an empty community folder first

• Upvote 1

Fogboundturtle,

I always remove my community folder to another drive before an update. I then create a new (empty) Community folder. Then I update and copy the community folder back into the updated MSFS.

So that is not relevant.  I thank you for your replies though

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

1 hour ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Have that airport but it wasn't installed at this time. Was checking out the new CJ4 v0.12.5 WT mod and noticed the spikes. Didn't notice the spikes when I landed there a few days ago.

Oh well, if that's all that's messed up after this update I can deal with it.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

4 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Fogboundturtle,

I always remove my community folder to another drive before an update. I then create a new (empty) Community folder. Then I update and copy the community folder back into the updated MSFS.

So that is not relevant.  I thank you for your replies though

Regards

Tony

You are the only person who reported this issue. So it's not the sim update but something on your side. When I said try with a empty  community folder, I mean fly the da62 without any mods at all. 

I have no idea whether a mod you are using your issue. We need to elimate the obvious. 

Edited by fogboundturtle
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Just deleted the two DA62x folders and I am reloading the MSFS202 as I speak

Thanks mate

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Cute, but no banana.. from the description:

NOTE: This does not do the main loading screen upon game start, this is the one from the main menu into the game.

Bert, have a peek at this post: 

Note, I have since discovered that file 2 and file 3 are replaced with the default screens when the sim updates. However, file 1 remains as set by you.

Have fun!

...jim

• Like 1

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.